Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who does David Carr compare to?

I started this thread just to try to get a feel where other Texans fans think that Carr ranks compared to other NFL QBs...starters or backups.

Not based on potential, but on results....does he compare to Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Bledsoe and Aaron Brooks?

Who is David Carr better than?
Who is David Carr worse than?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 11-27-2006   #2
TNTitan
Veteran

Default Re: Who does David Carr compare to?

I say Kerry Collins. Good QB but thats about it
Old 11-27-2006   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Powerful Dragon you have an appointment with Satan ... I'm not laughing either its a twitch .

Who is Chris Simms would be my answer if I was on Jeapordy .
Old 11-27-2006   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Powerful Dragon you have an appointment with Satan ... I'm not laughing either its a twitch .
it was the first time my cursor has hovered over the 'Submit Reply' button while i contemplated the evils i was about to suggest.
Old 11-27-2006   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think at this point only LYB can save you .
Old 11-27-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

John Elway.
Old 11-27-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

oh poo. i got deleted. Eh. It's not like it was unexpected.
Old 11-27-2006   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Bubby Brister. OK, that is stretching it. Bubby had some winning seasons but hey I have to give Carr the benefit of the doubt since he is still developing.

Old 11-27-2006   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Game manager

a little bit better than Kyle Orton
a little worse than Brad Johnson

in other words.....average.
He won't make the shoot in the foot mistake, but won't overcome adversity to win the game....lacks killer instinct, lacks emotion

loss after loss, "its aw shucks", needs to show fire, year 5 its time to step up and lead........lead........lead

everybody talks about the lack of leadership on defense when Glen and Sharper left, who's the leader on Offense.......whos going to step up......its time to lead.....lead.....lead. He's a vet now.....lead

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-27-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-27-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Better than...Brad Johnson.
Worse than...Matt Shaub
Old 11-27-2006   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

right now he's better than Brad Johnson

he's worse than a younger Brad Jonson

Matt Shaub has never been given any serious time to play, so we really can't say he's better or worse........though I really like Matt Shaub and really wouldn't mind making a trade, although with Vick's performances lately Atlanta might not be so free to let him go.
Old 11-27-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Vick is gone...the Falcons didn't trade Shaub for a reason. I doubt Vick is with the Falcons next season.
Old 11-27-2006   #13
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Better than Jake Plummer, Mike Vick, Aaron Brooks, Eli Manning, Vince Young (until VY matures), Charlie Fry, Brad Johnson, Mark Brunell(any WASH QB), and Rex Grossman (who can only throw deep), Matt Leinhert (who should light it up with those BIG WRs)

Worse than P Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers (though its nice to have L.T. as your RB), Palmer, Trent Green and Tony Romo (I gagged saying that)
Old 11-27-2006   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Better than Jake Plummer, Mike Vick, Aaron Brooks, Eli Manning, Vince Young (until VY matures), Charlie Fry, Brad Johnson, Mark Brunell(any WASH QB), and Rex Grossman (who can only throw deep), Matt Leinhert (who should light it up with those BIG WRs)

Worse than P Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers (though its nice to have L.T. as your RB), Palmer, Trent Green and Tony Romo (I gagged saying that)
In my opinion rookies should be left off the list

Lienart in year 5 is going to be ALOT better.

Young has already step into the leadership role on that team, everybody talked about his leadership comming out and its showing in the pros

Carr's problems are decision making. He plays into the D's hands. He has two great receivers he needs to look down feild more often. No I'm not talking about the deep ball, I'm talking about a 7 yard pass when you need 5, not a 2 or 3 yard pass.

It comes down to football smarts, I'll give him another year (just because of the running game and new system) but after that and he'll be entering year 7.... six years is plenty of time to show a feel for the game.
Old 11-27-2006   #15
phan1
All Pro

You also want to keep in mind that he's a #1 pick. Fankly, I can't compare him with any other high QB draft pick. He doesn't remind me of anyone... But if I were to pick, I guess I'd say he's a better Jake Plummer.
Old 11-27-2006   #16
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27501 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I'd say after watching the Pittsburgh game...Ben Rothlisberger Amazing...from Super Bowl to "help me, I've fallen and I can't get up!" I'd point out alot of obvious things, but when the herd is ready to hang a guy, it's not gonna do alot of good
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Old 11-27-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Drew Bledsoe.
Old 11-28-2006   #18
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeff George. all of the physical tools you could ask for in an NFL QB. Just not able to win a game on Sunday.
Old 11-28-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
Jeff George. all of the physical tools you could ask for in an NFL QB. Just not able to win a game on Sunday.
George threw it downfield........
Old 11-28-2006   #20
quicksilver
Overweight

From what I see, Carr has three problems--lack of field vision, subpar footwork, and a refusal to pump fake. The footwork and pump fake can be cured. I'm not sure about the field vision, but I'm willing to give Kubiak a little more time to work on that.

To address the question more directly, I see Carr as similar to Steve McNair (through most of McNair's career), with the potential to become a Trent Green.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read