Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2006   #1
NFLforher
All Pro

Default Texans Grades.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/4360967.html

Quarterback
After the Texans trailed 26-3, David Carr was 17-of-24 for 162 yards and a touchdown against a defense that ranked 29th.

Grade: F

Running backs
Against a run defense that ranked 29th, the Texans rushed for 25 yards, 11 by Wali Lundy and 4 by Samkon Gado. They also dropped passes.

Receivers
Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds combined for 20 catches and 177 yards. Tight end Owen Daniels had five catches.

Offensive line
The running game averaged 1.8 yards a carry. David Carr was sacked four times, although the line is supposed to have help on pass protection.

Defensive line
Thomas Johnson became the fourth linemen to be on the sideline, but they still did an outstanding job against the run.

Grade: C

Linebackers
DeMeco Ryans was all over the field with 14 tackles. Morlon Greenwood had nine.

Grade: B

Secondary
The defensive backs allowed two 100-yard receivers. Demarcus Faggins was beaten on a touchdown pass.

Grade: D

Special teams

Kris Brown kicked a 47-yard field goal. Chad Stanley had a 41.8-yard net but fumbled to set up a field goal. Coverage was terrific.

Coaching
The coaches have to accept as much blame as the players for the Texans' latest debacle.

Can a QB change fix all of this?
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Grades.

You had me going there - for almost the whole time I read your post I thought it was about the team. Your zinger in the last line really got me.
Old 11-27-2006   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32854 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANS- F

Old 11-27-2006   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm curious as to how the secondary can get a D. Two 100 yard receivers and yet they still get a "passing" grade. That's just terrible.
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55561 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I now discount everything McClain says about the Texans.

I'm not even sure if the guy knows anything about football.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #6
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher View Post

Quarterback
After the Texans trailed 26-3, David Carr was 17-of-24 for 162 yards and a touchdown against a defense that ranked 29th.

Running backs
Against a run defense that ranked 29th, the Texans rushed for 25 yards, 11 by Wali Lundy and 4 by Samkon Gado. They also dropped passes.

Receivers
Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds combined for 20 catches and 177 yards. Tight end Owen Daniels had five catches.

Offensive line
The running game averaged 1.8 yards a carry. David Carr was sacked four times, although the line is supposed to have help on pass protection.

Defensive line
Thomas Johnson became the fourth linemen to be on the sideline, but they still did an outstanding job against the run.

Linebackers

Secondary
The defensive backs allowed two 100-yard receivers. Demarcus Faggins was beaten on a touchdown pass.

Special teams

Kris Brown kicked a 47-yard field goal. Chad Stanley had a 41.8-yard net but fumbled to set up a field goal. Coverage was terrific.

Coaching
The coaches have to accept as much blame as the players for the Texans' latest debacle.

that looks like my son's report card.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #7
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I now discount everything McClain says about the Texans.

I'm not even sure if the guy knows anything about football.
I sure as heck did a few weeks ago, he needs to go wash his womans...
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2006   #8
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

How do the recievers get an F when 2 combine for 177 yards, but then the secondary allow 2 100 yard recievers and get a D?

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quarterback

Incomplete. Is anyone actually getting open deep until the D backs up even more?

Quote:
Running backs

Totally agree.

Quote:
Receivers

Incomplete. They can't get open deep because the D is deep. Our running game SHOULD be taking advantage of it.

Quote:
Offensive line

Totally agree.

Quote:
Defensive line

I'll say C+

Quote:
Linebackers

OK

Quote:
Secondary

F-, very close to 0 (AGAIN!). It's not Faggins' fault. He's a nickel-corner and shouldn't be starting.

Quote:
Special teams

F The Stanley fumble just plain gets them an F.

Quote:
Coaching

I'm not touching that one.

Quote:
ABSOLFREAKINGLOOTLY NOT. Blocking schemes are wrong, the RBs suck, Salaam sucks (at least in his current condition), we have no FS or #2 CB, AJ drops the ball too much (although that's not our biggest problem), our OLBs suck for the most part, we are lacking at DT, our Full-backs are not good enough run-blockers, and our O-line is just generally under-talented. I would add to that that I am getting the impression that Moulds is not fast enough anymore. He is starting to seem like a really good possession receiver to me, but I could be wrong about that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No, but theoretically a QB change could affect the QB grade. And the WR grade...

Are you saying that all the other 'bad kids in the class' are causing yours to get bad grades too?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
that looks like my son's report card.
Hopefully your son makes an "A" in metal shop.
Old 11-28-2006   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

So, if Carr gets an "F" for throwing one pick and completing 70% of his passes for over 300 yards, what is his grade against Tennessee last month, or in a game when his throws are irratic and he throws 3 picks. I guess McClain just skips the B's, C's, D's for the Qb position. What an *****!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read