Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Vanderjagt kicked to the curb.

Wolf

100% Texan
IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys released Mike Vanderjagt on Monday, apparently tired of his inability to live up to his reputation as the most accurate kicker in league history. Martin Gramatica was signed as his replacement.

The Cowboys gave Vanderjagt a $2.5 million bonus as part of a three-year, $5.4 million contract to shore up a position coach Bill Parcells felt cost the team three wins last season.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2677822

dtran04

Veteran
He barely makes it on kickoffs. He's always been a liability when it comes to that. Didn't Indy carry 2 kickers?

bah007

Hall of Fame
He barely makes it on kickoffs. He's always been a liability when it comes to that. Didn't Indy carry 2 kickers?
Yea & Dallas had to for the first 2 games (Suisham) until Parcells told Vanderjagt to either kickoff or get cut.

I agree, something is wrong with this guy...You don't go with being one of the most accurate kickers to NOTHING....Something is definately wrong with the guy...

Trap_Star

SiteContributor
Yes... If he is kicking from inside the 20.

I honestly dont know if Vanderjagt can even kick the ball 50 yds on a kickoff.
Yea & Dallas had to for the first 2 games (Suisham) until Parcells told Vanderjagt to either kickoff or get cut.
I agree, something is wrong with this guy...You don't go with being one of the most accurate kickers to NOTHING....Something is definately wrong with the guy...
Come on guys, Be nice...You ever tried kicking a field goal on 25 Jack-n-cokes...:rolleyes:

gwallaia

Staff member
Maybe Vanderjagt hates the Cowboys like the rest of America. This was his little way of sticking it to them.