Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2006   #1
titan hater
Veteran

Default 5 Long Years

Well, its been 5 years and where are we as fans? To me the most disheartning thing about the Texans is that we are in the middle of the 5th year and the most we can look forward to is the off season. My evidence is in the posts...Things like "who should we draft?" or "who should we sign?" Maybe its just me but I have not been this down since Al Del Greco left town...

Are you all feeling as low as I am?
Old 11-27-2006   #2
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 Long Years

The season was dissapointing but fine with me until yesterday's loss. I think that game is going to make these next couple of weeks difficult to bear, especially if we don't win. And if we lose to the Raiders, I don't know how I will sleep at night...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #3
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater View Post
Well, its been 5 years and where are we as fans? To me the most disheartning thing about the Texans is that we are in the middle of the 5th year and the most we can look forward to is the off season. My evidence is in the posts...Things like "who should we draft?" or "who should we sign?" Maybe its just me but I have not been this down since Al Del Greco left town...

Are you all feeling as low as I am?
Down...but not out! We still have a shot at kicking Tennessee's a** once this year and I am by no means ready to throw in the towel.
The Titans got lucky on Sunday, and them sucka's are going down on December 10th.
Old 11-27-2006   #4
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

7-9 baby!! Not giving up...it's still better than watching last year's car wreck...this year isn't GREAT, but it's better than last year.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #5
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
7-9 baby!! Not giving up...it's still better than watching last year's car wreck...this year isn't GREAT, but it's better than last year.
Amen, plus the Dr upped my valiums from 5mg to 10mgs LOL. I can handle anything...
Old 11-27-2006   #6
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
Amen, plus the Dr upped my valiums from 5mg to 10mgs LOL. I can handle anything...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm numb, ambivalent, and just shy of bitter right now.

I'll keep renewing my season tickets, enjoying the tailgating, yada yada yada, but I won't have an emotional investment with the team until they start acting in a manner that allows us to hope that they can compete week in and week out.

Right now the losses don't even sting, because I can't/don't expect them to win. It's when your team gets to a point that they should be consistently winning that you start to allow hope, and at that point you're setting yourself up for The Great Disappointment or the euphoria of a lifetime.

21 wins in five years will do that to a fan. Don't blame me for my apathy.
Old 11-27-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair needs to bring in an astrologist ala The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh to change this team's fortunes. Well maybe the Exorcist is more appropriate.
Old 11-27-2006   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, I am beginning to not think it such a bad thing. I don't get nervous watching the games and I know what to expect.

Then, I get to see Peyton Manning and Vince Young play every year at Reliant and I alreay knows what is going to happen.

You can't get everything you want out of life, be happy with what you got!

I saw both of Vince Young's performances at the Rose Bowl and that should tide me over some time.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #10
jjjezebel
°Ay, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone really think that our first year with a head coach who's never done this before, and is bringing an entirely new system to town, was actually going to get us to the playoffs his first year?

Granted, I expected a little more than what I've seen this year, but c'mon!

As for Carr, you can't undo four years of poor coaching in one year. So I'm sitting back this year, giving it all time to ferment, and not raising my expectations to ridiculously high levels. That's the easiest way to stave off disappointment.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #11
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjezebel View Post
Did anyone really think that our first year with a head coach who's never done this before, and is bringing an entirely new system to town, was actually going to get us to the playoffs his first year?

Granted, I expected a little more than what I've seen this year, but c'mon!

As for Carr, you can't undo four years of poor coaching in one year. So I'm sitting back this year, giving it all time to ferment, and not raising my expectations to ridiculously high levels. That's the easiest way to stave off disappointment.
I see where your coming from, but what about the Saints?

Oh, I am sorry, they took Reggie Bush...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #12
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
I see where your coming from, but what about the Saints?

Oh, I am sorry, they took Reggie Bush...
So Reggie is responsible for them winning a few games? The fact they were 8-8 pre Katrina with Aaron Brooks as their starting QB has no bearing on their performance this season?
Old 11-27-2006   #13
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
...as long as your expectations are low--didn't most posters think we'd have a winning team this year, many even thinking we'd be in the playoffs?? I remember one poster saying that hiring Kubiak alone meant 5 wins,,,

...same posters started by saying give the team till mid season to 'strut' their stuff-then our entire first yr...maybe half of next year, too--no, better make it our entire 2nd year---nope, maybe we'll be a winning team in 2 or 3 years...huh, I'm not real sure, maybe---

...anybody remember the 'heated mud slinging' debates we had last year about whether or not '06 was a rebuilding Year???

"Hell,no, we're not rebuilding. Damn, don't you morons understand we just need a 'tweak' here and there and we're on our way---look out, Super Bowl, here we come,',,,,,notttttttttttttttt
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Since everyone has been called a moron can we now just take it as a known characteristic and spice up our posts with more substance and less name calling?
Old 11-27-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

This feels just like the 82-86 dark era.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #16
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Oddly enough, I'm optomistic about our future.

Yes this year sucks rocks. But compared to last year, when I really hated life, itís great. Last year most my post were about how bad Carr, Capers and Casserly were. This year itís only about Carr. For me thatís an improvement.

I have faith in our new coach and GM. I posted early on that these were my guys and low and behold we got them.

I also have faith that DC will be out at the end of the year. Again, I see this as an improvement. No, itís not going to solve all our problem, but itís a step in the right direction.

I'm optimistic because we had a great draft and I think we'll have another one next year.

I guess the final reason I'm optimistic is because I didn't buy the preseason hype that this was going to be a winning team this year. I predicted 5 wins this year. Granted I would like to see better team moral and more effort then what we put forward the past two games, but we should beat LA, Tennessee and Cleveland.

This team is making strides forward. We get a cover safety and heal up on the DL, our D is looking real good. Another OL and an experienced QB and we will take some more strides forward.

The biggest thing we need is veteran leadership. Something we have been missing since Sharper and Coleman left the team. I really think if we can get someone in here to help Moulds with the leadership, it will be another stride forward.

Again, I admit it, we suck rocks now. But thatís no reason not to be optimistic.

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Spot on Wharton. I had us at 6-10, but 4 to 5 wins are looking right and the future is looking bright. This year ain't like last year, in fact like no other year as we are seeing guys grow up (improve) incrementally through the season.
Old 11-27-2006   #18
TNTitan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
Down...but not out! We still have a shot at kicking Tennessee's a** once this year and I am by no means ready to throw in the towel.
The Titans got lucky on Sunday, and them sucka's are going down on December 10th.
hahahahahahahahahahahahah
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I know there are a lot of Carr haters but I have always thought about watching any and all games I can and making a judgement after the season not during. Emotions getin the way of making sound and logical statements.

Wharton, I know you hate Carr but at least you have some sense about your post regarding your displeasure, it sure beats the carr sucks, that is all .... post. Which any 5 year old can write.

All I wanted from this year is shown improvements from each player on the team and the coaching staff. I do give Kubiak a free pass this year because of being with a new team and trying to install his scheme. He also he has to evaluate all the players to see who is not what he thought they were just by watching game film of Capers pathic schemes.

I thought maybe 5 wins at the beginning of the year, and after beating the Jags twice I thought 7 or 8 wims was very well in reach but the last two weeks has drowned that back down to 5 wins, with a shot at 6 wins at the most. If the Texans do not beat the titans and the raiders now, I will be extremely irked.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks troll. How could you possibly take delight in our season of frustration and suffering ?
What kind of bottom feeder are you ? Why don't you go find a cat to set on fire and really have a hoot ? There is no possible way you're from Tennessee. You'd be the first a-hole one I've ever known. Just no way troll. Fill out your pub card coward.

Yeah I'm pretty low. It started when Spencer went down and it's been down hill since then. I'm guilty as charged. The only way I can deal with it is to look for a light for next season. I know what's coming and it isn't going to be prety.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read