Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2006   #1
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default Can we sign Vanderjagt?

He was released today in favour of Martin Gramatica

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9832312
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #2
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can we sign Vanderjagt?

Why the heck not.
JDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't need an:

"***** kicker that went out and got all liquored up"...
----> peyton manning.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
He was released today in favour of Martin Gramatica

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9832312
It would be nice to have a good kicker...
Old 11-27-2006   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I was teasing with the Manning quote, but wasn't Vanderjagt pretty erratic this year for the Cowgurls? I mean, if he is considered unstable there?????
Old 11-27-2006   #6
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, that guy in The Replacements smoked on the field but he could kick the ball a mile.
JDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #7
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Sign him, even though he makes an A55 of himself sometimes, i think bill parcells put him under alot of pressure in dallas maybe he can turn around in houston
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2006   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
Hey, that guy in The Replacements smoked on the field but he could kick the ball a mile.

Could we bring him in for a tryout?
Old 11-27-2006   #9
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
Sign him, even though he makes an A55 of himself sometimes, i think bill parcells put him under alot of pressure in dallas maybe he can turn around in houston

I live in the Dallas area and have to watch every game they play. And trust me when I say this: he's not even close to being the kicker he once was. At this point, I would rather stick with Kris Brown, who's been just as reliable, than obtain an overpriced has-been. There's something going on with him that's making him play terribly (Perhaps it was the Indy loss to Pittsburgh) and I have seen no shades of him recovering from it.

Dallas cut him for Martin Gramatica. That should say it all right there...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I live in the Dallas area and have to watch every game they play. And trust me when I say this: he's not even close to being the kicker he once was. At this point, I would rather stick with Kris Brown, who's been just as reliable, than obtain an overpriced has-been. There's something going on with him that's making him play terribly (Perhaps it was the Indy loss to Pittsburgh) and I have seen no shades of him recovering from it.

Good points!
Old 11-27-2006   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
You actually want the guys who can play for Parcells .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #12
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't the Texans bring in Gramatica last week? Or was it Bill?
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post

I will 2nd these comments.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

If we sign him we will not be able to call him or see him being called an ***** kicker. That is not a fantasy world that I want to live in.
Old 11-27-2006   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

As much as Vanderjagt used to be a quality NFL kicker, he hasnt been the same since he missed that kick against the Steelers. it's a fact.

K Brown is far less of a ST problem than Chad Stanely is. The fact that we cant find a better punter than Stanley still perplexes me to n end.

Verdict: Pass on Vanderjagt. Scan soccer fields and rugby fields for a good punter to replace Stanley.

dftw
Old 11-27-2006   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
Didn't the Texans bring in Gramatica last week? Or was it Bill?
LOL... I could still hit a 30 to 35 yarder (hint Mr. Brown) BUT anything outside that, I may tear something that I didn't know I had....
Old 11-27-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Could we bring him in for a tryout?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
for Brown take your pick

Nigel 'The Leg' Gruff

from the replacements..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191397/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gus/
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

or
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

was lucy draper in Neccessary Roughness ,but can't find a pic of her kicking

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0102517/
http://forums.houstontexans.com/newr...reply&p=497394
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Sign Nigel!! Beer drinking, heater smokin', SOGun.... He could stop by the tailgates and get loaded before the game.... Besides Gus is glue by now... But then again, Kathy Ireland is nice choice too.
Old 11-27-2006   #20
DontTreadOnMe
Rookie

NOOOOO, he is not clutch at all... we'll have to overpay
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read