Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2006   #1
texflex513
All Pro

Default Sage And Flanagan Gone!!!

Sorry if this has already been posted. Just when you think it cant get any worse.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4362691.html
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #2
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl
Default Re: Sage And Flanagan Gone!!!

So do you think Kubiak will go after Plummer???...I mean he's going to be the back up anyways...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
So do you think Kubiak will go after Plummer???...I mean he's going to be the back up anyways...
I think Denver values him in case Cutler doesn't work out. No trade.
Old 11-27-2006   #4
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Let's go Hodgdon! At least the back ups can get experience of the D line blowing past them.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #5
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
I assume van pelt would be our best option right now as for plummer im not sure...man this sucks!!!!!!!!!!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #6
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Houston we got a problem!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Well, without Flanagan, we'll probably start running the ball well. He was our worst offensive lineman.

Doesn't matter about Sage, he wasn't going to play anyway.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2006   #8
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well, without Flanagan, we'll probably start running the ball well. He was our worst offensive lineman.

Doesn't matter about Sage, he wasn't going to play anyway.
But with our luck already, can Carr stay healthy...
Old 11-27-2006   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post

Exactly. Plummer is Denvers veteran backup now and so he won't be available until after the end of the year if at all. We also don't know if they'll try and keep him around ala Neil O'Donnell or just let him walk.

No help is coming from Denver this year.

We'll miss Flanagan more I think. Hodgdon needs to get in there and lay claim to the starting position. It's time for him to step up and prove that he's supposed to be our starting center (or at least a reasonable facsimile of one).

It would be nice to see him lock that job down over the next 5 games. I don't expect it to happen (my expectations are pretty limited with this bunch) but it would be nice to see him do it.
Old 11-27-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

A poster from Denver said that he had a source that said Plummer was asking to be cut so that he could be reunited with Kubiak. However, I doubt Denver just lets him walk, right now, IF true.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #11
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Reunited and it feels so good ... NOT! Guys, lets all just agree that trading away draft picks for a guy who just got his spot taken by a rookie while his team is in a division race is not a good idea.
JDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #12
profan
Veteran

no way i see denver cutting plummer at this stage. i really don't want to see him here, however, if anyone would know if plummer is better than carr, it would be kubiak. i really just see them as being close to equal.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I never said anything about trading away a draft pick. I'd take Plummer as my starter next season if it meant I could get a 3 or even a 4 for Carr but I wouldn't send Denver a thing for rights to Jake Plummer. Isn't his contract there up after this season anyway?
Old 11-27-2006   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I never said anything about trading away a draft pick. I'd take Plummer as my starter next season if it meant I could get a 3 or even a 4 for Carr but I wouldn't send Denver a thing for rights to Jake Plummer. Isn't his contract there up after this season anyway?
I'd pick up Plummer and trade Carr for a third or fourth rounder in a heartbeat....
Old 11-27-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan View Post
no way i see denver cutting plummer at this stage. i really don't want to see him here, however, if anyone would know if plummer is better than carr, it would be kubiak. i really just see them as being close to equal.
That's not going to happen. If Plummer comes here, David will start. David hasn't been starting because he is the better QB, David is starting because he is our future at QB. That will not change if we manage to get Brady or Peyton Manning on our roster.

David is our future, and Kubiak is & will treat him that way.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
...if it meant I could get a 3 or even a 4 for Carr...
Wait until Casserly gets another GM gig and we'll get a 1st & a 2nd!

Who starts the obligatory "Van Pelt should start" thread?
Old 11-27-2006   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
David is our future, and Kubiak is & will treat him that way.
A couple of years ago David was our future. Unfortunately, he's our present and our win/loss record is a direct reflection of that. He'll be our past in 2009... which can't get here soon enough.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #18
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there an injury rankings??? We might be number one in something atleast.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

I think you will be proven wrong on this thunderkyss. I think this season David has turned a corner but it's not the one anyone wanted to see. I think he'll probably make it another year but he's already a lame duck in the eyes of many.

He's Tim Couch waiting to happen.

David is our past and our past is one of consistent losing. He'll always be associated with that here and would have to literally transform into another Peyton Manning to be thought of in any other manner.
Old 11-27-2006   #20
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Is there an injury rankings??? We might be number one in something atleast.
We're not using that as an excuse again this year. This is just a bad football team and it has nothing to do with injuries.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read