Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-27-2006   #1
Elle

Default How much $$$$$

will the NFL charge Vick for giving the stands, at home, the Falcon?
Old 11-27-2006   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How much $$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
will the NFL charge Vick for giving the stands, at home, the Falcon?
The normal fine for doing this is $5000.

I could see Vick get a $10,000 fine for giving the "dirty bird". No suspension tho.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was it a double or a single dirty bird? I saw one, but one of the anchor monkies somewhere said 2. I personally saw only one.
I only saw the one but ESPN said that he gave two so I dont know.
Old 11-27-2006   #4
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

5K, chump change for those guys !! Vick needs to look in the mirror first before firing off the finger, I mean when he is playing well, he is good, but when he isn't , he sucks !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #5
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I only saw the one but ESPN said that he gave two so I dont know.
yeah he gave two. $5,000 is what they should give him but i don't know if the nfl has a $5,000 per policy
Old 11-27-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He flipped the bird, a guard stopped him and Vick threw up another bird.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #7
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

It's only pocket money to those guys, 5K, 10K, please....

And a team can fine him, but for doing that isn't detrimental to the team, so if they did and Vick wanted to go to the players union to fight it, good chance he wouldn't have to pay it. If that was the case, there wold be alot of fines week in and week out all over the league. The NFL wants to control that, make a stiffer fine. At least 25K would be more of a hit.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He makes ten million per year. Fine him $50 Gs.
Old 11-27-2006   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

or just fine him whatever you fine anyone else. since that's what makes sense.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
or just fine him whatever you fine anyone else. since that's what makes sense.
Not really. A $10K fine isn't the same for someone making $10,000,000 than it is for someone making 100K.
Old 11-27-2006   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 197748 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary Templeton of the ST. Louis baseball Cardinals did the same thing . He was booed and flipped off the whole stadium with both hands . He was traded to San Diego for Ozzie Smith .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Not really. A $10K fine isn't the same for someone making $10,000,000 than it is for someone making 100K.
since when is the point of fining someone to make an equitable dent in their pocket? 10 grand is 10 grand, period.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #13
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40232 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll be fined 15K...
This behavior isnt acceptable. He's one of the NFLs top superstars, which makes it worse...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ya know, the guy doesn't suck as a QB. I nearly fainted when he bolted for that 38 yard gain. He is very scary on the run and not too shabby as a passer. I just couldn't believe he got pissed enough to do it.
I would be pissed to if my Pro Bowl TE couldnt get open on any passing play in the entire game which forced me to throw passes to horrible WRs who dropped 5 of them.

But I still wouldnt give the dirty bird to my fans.
Old 11-27-2006   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

What ever Plummer got X2 for inflation and another 2X for doing it twice.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #16
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 76973 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I would be pissed to if my Pro Bowl TE couldnt get open on any passing play in the entire game which forced me to throw passes to horrible WRs who dropped 5 of them.

But I still wouldnt give the dirty bird to my fans.
Any QB should be pizzed if his tight ends can't get open and his pro bowl WR drops his passes. ..

And some of these qbs are even criticized for being family men.

Go figggure.

Old 11-28-2006   #17
Samer
Veteran

Just face it...Vick can run but he sucks as a passer...He should become the running back and let Shaub QB the team...they would have a better chance...and then everyone can see just how bad of a passer Vick really is

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read