Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What do you like most about David Carr?
David is a good Christian with strong family values 33 63.46%
David is a good QB with solid leadership abilities 19 36.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2006   #1
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover
Default What do you like most about David Carr?

Was hoping to garner some opinions after the game yesterday -- thanks for your input.

TG
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #2
real

Default Re: What do you like most about David Carr?

Lmao....
Old 11-27-2006   #3
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

The results are interesting so far -- would like to read some posts on the subject as well.

Thanks for the input.

TG
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The Fresno Principle is in effect. We have a good man on the roster, not a good QB for this team.
Old 11-27-2006   #5
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The Fresno Principle is in effect. We have a good man on the roster, not a good QB for this team.
Why? Cause we cant get the ball down field because our running game is terrible, you guys make me laugh, Kubiak said it and Carr said, and Moulds said, "They are taking away our deep balls and longer passes".

You know how you stop Defenses from doing that, Run the football. It makes me laugh, that Phillip Rivers can throw for 130 yards a pick and win the game, cause all he has to do is hand the ball off, and when he does play fake everything is open cause of LT and their running game.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The Fresno Principle is a theory originated by Dr. Kaiser J. Toro which states that Quarterbacks within the National Collegiate Athletic Association advance to their highest level of competence, are then promoted to a level where they are incompetent, and then stay in that position.
Old 11-27-2006   #7
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Though I like his work ethic and off-field character, I am starting to not like his ability as a quarterback.

What seems to be missing is his toughness to get a win. He seems to bring it well when we play Jacksonville, but after that he seems to back down. I just wish he would get fired up with every team he plays against as much as he does when he plays Jacksonville.

IMHO I wish he had the playmaking abilities like what I have seen so far in Tony Romo, Tom Brady, Matt Leinart, Vince Young. These guys seem to risk their throws more often, but come back and make big plays.

Until Carr learns that it is okay to take more risks and trust in his recievers more often, he is going to be just a stat-man and an average quaterback.
Old 11-27-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
Though I like his work ethic and off-field character, I am starting to not like his ability as a quarterback.

What seems to be missing is his toughness to get a win. He seems to bring it well when we play Jacksonville, but after that he seems to back down. I just wish he would get fired up with every team he plays against as much as he does when he plays Jacksonville.

IMHO I wish he had the playmaking abilities like what I have seen so far in Tony Romo, Tom Brady, Matt Leinart, Vince Young. These guys seem to risk their throws more often, but come back and make big plays.

Until Carr learns that it is okay to take more risks and trust in his recievers more often, he is going to be just a stat-man and an average quaterback.
I will tell you now, after all those drops and all the ones in the past, how can Carr trust Dre. Remeber when Carr "Trusted" Dre to come down with the ball against the Bills on the 3rd play, remember when he "Trusted" Dre on the slant and the Dig in the Jets game.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #9
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
I will tell you now, after all those drops and all the ones in the past, how can Carr trust Dre. Remeber when Carr "Trusted" Dre to come down with the ball against the Bills on the 3rd play, remember when he "Trusted" Dre on the slant and the Dig in the Jets game.

I know what you are saying, but I feel that something is missing.

And I am starting to realize that it's not really the receivers nor the offensive line, eventhough I agree they have messed up during critical situations, but I feel that Carr is missing that fire that he brings so well when we play Jacksonville.

I want to see that quarterback show up at every game, not twice a year.
Old 11-27-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What I like about Carr is all the jokes people make because his name is basically...car. Mechanic, junkyard, Pinto, whatever.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #11
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

At this point I am for trading David Carr if it means I don't have to read through an entire garbage truck's worth of useless threads and kindergartner quality analysis of the game and the position ... week after week after week.
Old 11-27-2006   #12
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

There is nothing to like about David Carr as Texans QB. He would make a great husband for your daughter but he makes for a horrible QB for your football team.

doug ftw
Old 11-27-2006   #13
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
There is nothing to like about David Carr as Texans QB. He would make a great husband for your daughter but he makes for a horrible QB for your football team.

doug ftw
Maybe if you repeat it enough times it will actually be true?
Old 11-27-2006   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Carr is a horrible QB. Carr is a horrible QB. Carr is a horrible QB. Carr is a horrible QB.

Jerek!! OMG, it came true. David Carr IS a horrible QB. Ok, that worked so well let me try something else.

Doug is a millionaire. Doug is a millionaire. Doug is a millionaire. Doug is a millionaire.

Jerek!! DANGIT, it didn't come true. Maybe Carr was a horrible QB all along and you were just messing with me.

*raises fist in anger*

DANG YOU JEREK!!

KHAN!!!!

Doug ftw
Old 11-27-2006   #15
touttail
All Pro

Carr is a great person no doubt, but sucks as a QB.

I feel he isn't mature, and acts like a kid on the football field. He seems not to take anything very serious.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #16
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Since we all know that David Carr calls all the plays and causes our receivers to drop passes, I would have to say that he is definitely a horrible QB.

You guys kill me.
Old 11-27-2006   #17
srstex
Veteran

Promoting someone to the level of their incompetence is the "Peter" principle, as far as keepinh them tere that is poor managment.
As for the lack of fire, I would say Cook dropping two passes in three games, no running game, and a coaching staff with no imagination, would bring anyone down. Carr is now in a " Do as I say " system with no imput what so ever, no audibles, no play calling, no changing the play at the line, maybe Kubiak's approach is so far behind Carr's skills he is tired, and tired of watching the same plays that failed last week, fail this week, knowing they will fail again next week.
Old 11-27-2006   #18
ronaldod1
Rookie

There is exactly 1 quarterback in the league that can take the team on his shoulders and win a game. his name is peyton. The Houston Texans have about zero talent in the place where it matters most...the "trenches"

the o-line is pitiful. the sacks are down, but that's mainly due to the fact that playcalling has been a legitimate band-aid to a massive gash. Despite popular belief the D line isnt' necessarily all that talented with Payne out. Mario Williams is a work in project playing on one foot.

In every game they play the Texans start with a disadvantage at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. the skill players on offense can't play with the relaxed confidence necessary to succeed in the NFL and the Defensive backs need all the help they can get from the group up front, but instead they get hung out to dry.

It's pretty pathetic to look at the front page of the board and see it absolutely covered in QB bashing when there isnt' a QB on earth that could change the fortunes of this team. it's flawed at the line of scrimmage, and until that changes the number in the win column will always be lower than the one in the loss column.
ronaldod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Since we all know that David Carr calls all the plays and causes our receivers to drop passes, I would have to say that he is definitely a horrible QB.

You guys kill me.
LOL, You forgot, that he can't rush the ball for more than 25 yards, that he can't cover man 2 man and he is a lousy punter and place kicker...
Texan_Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #20
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

How about neither? What does his religious background have to do with being a starting QB in the NFL?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read