Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2006   #1
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is This place just about David Carr ??

God people. please just let it go....David haters, ok, he sucks, David homers, ok, he has potential...

Game in,game out, David did this, David did that...WE ALL KNOW ALREADY! Just let it go, damn, I can't help it anymore reading about all you complain after every game. God, there has got to be something better in your lifes to keep talking of the same stuff.

There has got to be at least 10 different threads on here after yesterday's loss to the Jets...OK....1, 2 at the most is needed. I mean can't a Mod please just devote a sticky to the Carr haters and homers...Let them complain in that thread, as it is so damn depressing seeing all these, we suck this and David sucks that after every single game.

For those fans who this does not effect, sorry you had to read this, for those wh oit does..take it to heart, if you don't like it, keep it to yourselfs, as you are getting tired writing the same stuff week in and week out, And if you actually thought you could do a better job, then you would not be on the board posting, you'd be playing or coaching..

I hate venting like this, but it is the complainers that make it even harder to watch the Texans cuz just knowing you are waiting for them to lose so you can come on here and bash Carr, Kubiak, the team....

For the sake of us all....please just stop, you are doing more harm than good !!

OK, that's all...whew !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is This place just about David Carr ??

What about all the "Stop talking about Carr!" threads?

I do agree with you though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #3
FanFromCali
Rookie

I guess it is the old adage that the QB gets too much of the credit when things are going good and too much of the blame when things are bad.

Carr has a less than average O-line and a horrible running game. That is a nightmare for any QB.

Stats are misleading but they do help point out where the problem isnít. Carr has a good QB rating of 88.8, has thrown more touchdowns to interceptions, and continues to be one of the more mobile QBs in the NFL.

He doesnít block, call the plays, catch the passes, or act as the running back. Other players and coaching staff needs to do their job so he can do his, and that isnít happening. When those things are happening it can make even make a poor QB look good like Grossamn, Roethlisberger, and Johnson.

Yes, I understand that the team is not winning and while he is not loosing the games for us, he is not also going out and doing something spectacular to win them either. But he is only one part of this team, and to put so much emphasis on him is misguided.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #4
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Originally posted by hobie
"God people. please just let it go....David haters, ok, he sucks, David homers, ok, he has potential...

Game in,game out, David did this, David did that...WE ALL KNOW ALREADY! Just let it go, damn, I can't help it anymore reading about all you complain after every game. God, there has got to be something better in your lifes to keep talking of the same stuff.

There has got to be at least 10 different threads on here after yesterday's loss to the Jets...OK....1, 2 at the most is needed. I mean can't a Mod please just devote a sticky to the Carr haters and homers...Let them complain in that thread, as it is so damn depressing seeing all these, we suck this and David sucks that after every single game.

For those fans who this does not effect, sorry you had to read this, for those wh oit does..take it to heart, if you don't like it, keep it to yourselfs, as you are getting tired writing the same stuff week in and week out, And if you actually thought you could do a better job, then you would not be on the board posting, you'd be playing or coaching..

I hate venting like this, but it is the complainers that make it even harder to watch the Texans cuz just knowing you are waiting for them to lose so you can come on here and bash Carr, Kubiak, the team....

For the sake of us all....please just stop, you are doing more harm than good !!"

Finally! Just like you I'm tired of it too. It is like beating a dead horse, and some people on this board just can't help themselves. Well said. great post!
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #5
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Wait, isn't DC the whole team? I mean I thought he did everything.
Old 11-28-2006   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

and your rant just started another David Carr thread.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #7
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
nah this place is not only a David Carr hang out. We also have a religous section, an Astros section, and a Rockets section. Then there is everything else. I wont stop ranting though till David is traded. He ticked me off further after saying he lost faith in his wide receivers. they just brought in moulds this year for crying out loud. But anyway I understand your point. You should hear the sports radio stations like ESPN790. I feel sorry for them.
Your going to get carpel tunnel.
Old 11-28-2006   #8
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
God people. please just let it go....David haters, ok, he sucks, David homers, ok, he has potential...

For the sake of us all....please just stop, you are doing more harm than good !!

OK, that's all...whew !

AMEN to that!!!!! Hopefully the Mods will make a section ONLY for Carr threads so if you want to read it you can, if not, then ppl can stay away from it..
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read