Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2006   #1
wenskek
Rookie

Default Bring On The Raiders!!!

as you know we got the raiders next week, and while i would have Guaranteed a win a month ago, i am beginning to second guess myself now. its beginning to look like this might be a very close game now and the raiders D has been playing very well. if our offense plays like it did today i don't think there is any way we can win against the tough D of the raiders. For us to take this game i think our O is going to have to have a strong confident showing and our D is going to have to shutdown a struggling Raiders O. What do you guys think?
wenskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #2
ib4texans
Veteran

Thumbs down Re: Bring On The Rainders!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenskek View Post
as you know we got the raiders next week, and while i would have Guaranteed a win a month ago, i am beginning to second guess myself now. its beginning to look like this might be a very close game now and the raiders D has been playing very well. if our offense plays like it did today i don't think there is any way we can win against the tough D of the raiders. For us to take this game i think our O is going to have to have a strong confident showing and our D is going to have to shutdown a struggling Raiders O. What do you guys think?

Unfortunatly for us I think their Offense is picking up steam.
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #3
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Re: Bring On The Rainders!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenskek View Post
Ah, could Moss be licking his chops over the thought of playing against Faggins. I would say the offense of the Raiders might have a SB game against us. Seems like QB's having dismal years like to improve their stats while playing the Texans.......
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling Randy Moss is actually gonna try this game to improve his numbers. Although I bet he could do that at half effort unfortunately...
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 121813 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bring On The Raiders!!!

If we lose, I will not be on this board that sunday
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #6
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
If we lose, I will not be on this board that sunday

I agree 100%!
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
I agree 100%!
If we win will all of Carr's stats be thrown out due to playing 4 quarters of "garbage time"?
Old 11-27-2006   #8
Turbo
Rookie

The Texans will probably make the Raiders look good.
Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #9
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

I no longer make predictions.
Old 11-27-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheus_Rex View Post
I no longer make predictions.

I'll make one. The Raiders will win. Score 17 points and you beat the Texans on an average week.

We are 3 games into the 5 game stretch where I thought the team should go 3-2 (Jax, Buffalo, NYJ, Oak, TN) and salvage a [all things considered] semi-respectable 6-10 mark this season. We're now 1-2 in that stretch with 1-4 looking like a distinct possibility.

3-13 is also a distinct possibility. I sense there are players and coaches on this team who wish the season was already over (literally, not figuratively).

It's gotten way old.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #11
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I dont know about you guys but im REALLY hoping the Texans win their way out of the top 10 for this year's draft. All those high picks cant be good for our salary cap.
Old 11-27-2006   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

It'll be a trade down if they go there. I can't see them having the bank roll to support another high pick.
Old 11-27-2006   #13
FanFromCali
Rookie

The Raiders might be the worse team in the NFL. That being said their defense is playing pretty good. 17-10 Texans.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #14
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta say it is getting hard to watch them on the road....Keeping the faith but boy, it is getting hard.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
The Texans will probably make the Raiders look good.
Win or lose, I think that is almost inevitable. We make everybody look good, except Jax.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I'll make one. The Raiders will win. Score 17 points and you beat the Texans on an average week.

We are 3 games into the 5 game stretch where I thought the team should go 3-2 (Jax, Buffalo, NYJ, Oak, TN) and salvage a [all things considered] semi-respectable 6-10 mark this season. We're now 1-2 in that stretch with 1-4 looking like a distinct possibility.

3-13 is also a distinct possibility. I sense there are players and coaches on this team who wish the season was already over (literally, not figuratively).

It's gotten way old.
So why are they quiting ? Thats a problem when you have guys who act like they have no chance at all . If you allow this to happen then what keeps Mario and Demeco from getting contaminated .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #17
19-10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
So why are they quiting ? Thats a problem when you have guys who act like they have no chance at all . If you allow this to happen then what keeps Mario and Demeco from getting contaminated .
Character - it's really on the individual to stay above that attitude. It's hard to say b/c I only see glimpes of DROB on TV but the times I saw his face yesterday he looked beat, tired, and fed up. Hopefully the rooks have a lot of patience and the character to not quit on themselves or the team.
Old 11-27-2006   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63719 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19-10 View Post
Character - it's really on the individual to stay above that attitude. It's hard to say b/c I only see glimpes of DROB on TV but the times I saw his face yesterday he looked beat, tired, and fed up. Hopefully the rooks have a lot of patience and the character to not quit on themselves or the team.
Wouldn't it be a waste to see that look on Demeco's face in a couple of years?
Old 11-27-2006   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I do think Kubiak might get rid of the losing attitude . You have to burn the barn to kill the rats .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
Unfortunatly for us I think their Offense is picking up steam.
I gave this some thought yeaterday after the Texans debacle. Almost every team that started the season terrible has picked up a little steam towards the backend of this season, except the Texans. We show that we can be a competitive NFL team one week, then turn around the following week and lay an egg. The Raiders, Cards, Bills, 49ers, etc. have appeared to be showing improvement every week. I'm not going to get involved in the blame game, but I think Kubiak has a very important decision to make this offseason regarding a particular position. Here's to the future of the Texans!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read