Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-26-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Merry Vincemas

I just want to say great game Vince in the forth (and great game Pac man 2 int's and a 23 yard punt return).. good luck the rest of the season..

Glad your holiday season is coming up..

seriously folks I am glad Vince is did great today,but now there is about 6 threads (make that 7) about Vince and the Texans not drafting him. When are the Texan fans going to accept the fact that he isn't here and we have Mario.

Acceptance is the first step. Don't get me wrong I like talking about Vince in the NFL section but geeze it is running wild throught the bull pen too.

Good luck Vince on the rest of the year, but not Dec 10th
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Merry Vincemas

neg rep for a merry vincemas thread

in november!! j/k
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
neg rep for a merry vincemas thread

in november!! j/k
lol, hey he walks on water in these parts
Old 11-26-2006   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiwi and Eli are gonna get absolutely trashed in the NY media tomorrow.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Kiwi and Eli are gonna get absolutely trashed in the NY media tomorrow.
And deservedly so. I don't know what Kiwi was thinking on that play. Maybe he thought he heard a whistle.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

wasn't kiwanuka flagged or fined earlier in the year for a late hit on a QB? i'm thinking he played it soft there because of all the ridiculous rules for protecting QB's.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
wasn't kiwanuka flagged or fined earlier in the year for a late hit on a QB? i'm thinking he played it soft there because of all the ridiculous rules for protecting QB's.
that is the line he is taking
Old 11-27-2006   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
that is the line he is taking
He better be taking that line. He's gonna need a real good excuse.

I'm suprised Coughlin didnt just get it over with and murder him on the sideline. He sure looked like he wanted to.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #9
TNTitan
Veteran

you all giving up on Mario?
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTitan View Post
Not a chance.

It looks like there will be more than just one good player. Contray to popular belief and or hope, it could just be that Mario Williams, Reggie Bush and Vince Young will all be great players in the NFL.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTitan View Post
Heck no. This is about Carr being consistently good while his production provides no upside to the team performance and VY being 4-4.
Old 11-27-2006   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder just how mad the Giants people are at Eli .
Old 11-27-2006   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I wonder just how mad the Giants people are at Eli .
He's under a bus somewhere in Manhatten right now.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #14
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
I wonder just how mad the Giants people are at Eli

I am disgusted. This kid can't be the same blood as Peyton and Archie, no freakin' way !! Damn, I would love to see David with that offence ! I am sure he could run it better than Eli has the last month...Up 2 games after the mid way part, now a game out, what a joke, but ole' Tom gets alot of blame too, and I see him not making it much longer there in NY..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #15
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

The more I look at the Kiwi play, I see why he kinda let up. He had him in grasp and rode him back 4-5 yards. I guess he could have kept pushing back another 10 yards but I'm sure next time he'll just slam the QB (hopefully not getting called for that roughing the QB nonsense)
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #16
TexansCM
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 TexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVP

If Kiwi slams him down and Vince released the ball, a little dump pass, he would have gotten flagged for roughing. He pushed him back and didn't finish the tackle and Vince gets the first. With how stupid the NFL is about roughing calls, you knew something like this was going to happen sometime. I actually heard that for less mobile QB's like Drew Bledsoe there is a quicker in the grasp rule than for guys like Vick or Vince.

Bottomline, protect the QB's head. Penalize helmet to helmet hits, but the going to the legs and suspect late hit calls need to end. Every time I have seen the going to the legs penalty called the DLineman was blocked into it. I played DLine, and what the NFL is doing to the position is pathetic.
TexansCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #17
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how much more yards VY would have if he had Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. Quite a few more.

Try to name a Titans wide receiver other than Drew Bennett off the top of your head. And David Givens doesn't count, he's out for the year.
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
I wonder how much more yards VY would have if he had Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. Quite a few more.

Try to name a Titans wide receiver other than Drew Bennett off the top of your head. And David Givens doesn't count, he's out for the year.
Bo Scaife

Ben Troupe

Oh wait... They're TEs.

WRs? Brandon Jones. I guess he counts.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #19
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Bo Scaife

Ben Troupe

Oh wait... They're TEs.

WRs? Brandon Jones. I guess he counts.
Ben Troupe is out for the year too. So is Erron Kinney (our number 1 TE).

Our #1 WR is out for the year and our #1 and #2 TEs are out for the year. Who does that leave? Bo Scaife, Drew Bennett, Brandon Jones, Bobby Wade, Roydell Williams, Courtney Roby

Now, in my opinion I don't see how a Rookie QB can win with receivers like that. But, he's 4-4. Go Vince! We'll get you Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett as a late Christmas present.
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

why would you need a Wr like that.. he had Roy Williams and what did that get him? oh Independance bowl.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read