Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-26-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default USC 2nd in BCS standings now

Ohio State's BCS avg is perfect at 1.0000
USC is at .9460
Michigan is at .9216

Unless USC completely blows it against UCLA next week, it looks like an Ohio St.-USC title game. I have no problem with that. Michigan had their chance and they blew it. What I do have a problem with is the number 0.0244. That's the number that decides who plays against Ohio St. in the championship game. Nice way to determine a champion NCAA. Division III, II, and I-AA all have a playoff to determine their champion. We're stuck with a stupid computer choosing it. Ridiculous.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP
Default Re: USC 2nd in BCS standings now

Just goes to show that you can lose on the road to an unranked team and still make it to the top.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the quality of your wins should ultimately determine how you're ranked. not the loss.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'm a UCLA fan for now.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: USC 2nd in BCS standings now

I'm a UCLA fan.

But looks like USC/OSU.

GO BUCKEYES!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #6
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

That's good, its how it should be.
Old 11-27-2006   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats not how it should be, not even close.

Michigan loses to the #1 team on the road by a mere 3 points, they deserve their rematch and Michigan is clearly the #2 team in the country, they would kill USC.

USC loses to Oregon St., sorry you lose to a unranked team and your done.

The BCS was put in place to give us the top two teams and once again it will fail

Bull
Crap
System

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-27-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2006   #8
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Thats not how it should be, not even close.

Michigan loses to the #1 team on the road by a mere 3 points, they deserve their rematch and Michigan is clearly the #2 team in the country, they would kill USC.

USC loses to Oregon St., sorry you lose to a unranked team and your done.

The BCS was put in place to give us the top two teams and once again it will fail

Bull
Crap
System
They had their shot at OSU, they lost. Now USC has the chance.
Old 11-27-2006   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
Yea but USC gets their shot on a neutral field & Michigan had to play on Ohio St's turf.

I'm convinced Michigan would win on a neutral field.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #10
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand the big gripe here. Arkansas, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, Cal .... those are not rollovers. Like it or not USC has had a fantastic season save for a 2 point loss on the road. I hope this is how it ends up as I do not want to see a rematch. And as much as I like Troy Smith I will be pulling for the Trojans
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #11
MarleyFan
Veteran

Non-Conference schedule...

FLORIDA beat....
Southern Miss 34-7
UCF 42-0
Western Carolina 62-0

MICHIGAN beat...
Vanderbilt 27-7
Central Michigan 41-17
Notre Dame 47-21
Ball State 34-26

USC beat...
Arkansas 50-14
Nebraska 28-10
Notre Dame 44-24
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Both teams have 1 loss

Michigan lost to the #1 team in the country by 3 points at their house

USC got outplayed by lowly Oregon St. the game wasn't as close as the score

Michigan is the better team.......period

Ohio state is going to kill that team, by atleast a 14 point spread

On a side note......I feel sorry for whatever team falls for Brady Quinn, that guy is a bust waiting to happen. He is so overrated and is riding on the Wies/Tom Brady coat tails....makes a good story and the press ran with it.

When he wouldn't even talk to his OC up in the booth, it told everything I needed to know about him. He has his worst games in big games

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-27-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The only time I've seen Brady Quinn this year was against Michigan. Definitely not impressed.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #14
Farough
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Both teams have 1 loss

Michigan lost to the #1 team in the country by 3 points at their house

USC got outplayed by lowly Oregon St. the game wasn't as close as the score

Michigan is the better team.......period

Ohio state is going to kill that team, by atleast a 14 point spread

On a side note......I feel sorry for whatever team falls for Brady Quinn, that guy is a bust waiting to happen. He is so overrated and is riding on the Wies/Tom Brady coat tails....makes a good story and the press ran with it.

When he wouldn't even talk to his OC up in the booth, it told everything I needed to know about him. He has his worst games in big games
He didn't have ANY protection against Michigan.. I didn't get to see them against USC, but the amount of sacks USC had I could probably say the same thing. It's kind of hard to do anything when you have no time to set up.

As a Texans fan, you should really understand that because its been happening to Carr his whole career.
Old 11-28-2006   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He didn't have ANY protection against Michigan.. I didn't get to see them against USC, but the amount of sacks USC had I could probably say the same thing. It's kind of hard to do anything when you have no time to set up.

As a Texans fan, you should really understand that because its been happening to Carr his whole career.
And yet we have been busting Carr all along.

I watched the game & Quinn didnt suck, but he wasnt good either.
Old 11-28-2006   #16
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFan View Post
Non-Conference schedule...

FLORIDA beat....
Southern Miss 34-7
UCF 42-0
Western Carolina 62-0

MICHIGAN beat...
Vanderbilt 27-7
Central Michigan 41-17
Notre Dame 47-21
Ball State 34-26

USC beat...
Arkansas 50-14
Nebraska 28-10
Notre Dame 44-24
It's understandable why you'd want to compare USC's non-conference schedule to Florida's. How 'bout discussing their conference schedules?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i love how people will compare 2 or 3 games from one team's schedule to another. how bout all 12 games? UF's clearly played a tougher schedule overall than USC and michigan.
Old 11-29-2006   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i love how people will compare 2 or 3 games from one team's schedule to another. how bout all 12 games? UF's clearly played a tougher schedule overall than USC and michigan.
Based on winning percentage:

Florida- #1
Michigan- #3
USC- #5
Notre Dame- #24

Ohio St- #39

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Inte...games_cumm.pdf

The schedule conflict looks too close to call. Florida is in 1st, but their schedule is only 2% higher than Michigan.
Old 11-29-2006   #19
MarleyFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
It's understandable why you'd want to compare USC's non-conference schedule to Florida's. How 'bout discussing their conference schedules?
USC 50 Arkansas 14
I do think Michigan is the better team, but who wants to see that game again? Florida and USC still have a game to play, so we can discuss at a later date. To me USC could be better if they went with Mark Sanchez at QB over John Davis Booty. JDB is not what I thought he would be while Sanchez and his rocket arm are sitting on the bench!
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFan View Post
USC 50 Arkansas 14
I do think Michigan is the better team, but who wants to see that game again? Florida and USC still have a game to play, so we can discuss at a later date. To me USC could be better if they went with Mark Sanchez at QB over John Davis Booty. JDB is not what I thought he would be while Sanchez and his rocket arm are sitting on the bench!
yeah yeah, they said the same with booty vs. leinart.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read