Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2006   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default # 1 offseason priority

Sign free agents and draft players that come from a winning background. Best winners available imo.

This team needs to be filled with guys that are used to winning so it can rub off on our more talented players that'll still be here in 2-3 years.

Im becoming more afraid everyday that Dunta Robinson is going to demand a trade and I dont want that. I want him to be paired with a winner like Asante Samuel and another winner like Laron Landry so he too can be a winner!!!

So lets review real quick...

Who do we go after this offseason? BEST WINNER AVAILABLE!!!
Old 11-26-2006   #2
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: # 1 offseason priority

Samuel-Landry-Earl-Robinson

im done with that

June-Ryans-Briggs

i can dream right

Williams-TJ-Rogers (big guy from UT)-Weaver

i know its getting out of hand
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post

im done with that

June-Ryans-Briggs

i can dream right

Our D would definitely be BALLIN with that lineup
Old 11-26-2006   #4
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:

im done with that

June-Ryans-Briggs

i can dream right

you have a big bank account in those dreams of yours
Old 11-26-2006   #5
cdastros
Rookie

Rep Power: 123 cdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respectedcdastros is a quality contributor and well respected

We need a tackle, a guard, and a center either in draft or free agency. I think the texans will draft 2 OL on the first day of the draft and bring in some quality free agents as well.
cdastros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #6
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

is William Thomas a FA after this season??

can i get a list of O-line men FA please?
Old 11-26-2006   #7
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Free Agency: Best Player(s) available

Draft: Best Players available

The way I see it, the only positions that are up to par are the MLB and WR spots at this moment.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #8
wwffan99tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 wwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotwwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Honestly though, WHY would any Free Agent want to come here???
wwffan99tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #9
profan
Veteran

my #1 priority this season is to find someone to buy 1/2 of my psl's. Don't want to give them back to the team.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 54314 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwffan99tx View Post
Honestly though, WHY would any Free Agent want to come here???
a) A team with a losing attitude
b) Horrendously oppressive training camp heat
c) Maybe a few other things players talk among themselves about

What's not to love?
Old 11-26-2006   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

What broncos are going to be a FA after the end of this season?

that is about the only guarantee we have next offseason... we will pickup another Bronco
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
is William Thomas a FA after this season??

can i get a list of O-line men FA please?
Eric Steinbach is the best OL available but he plays LG.
Old 11-27-2006   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post

What's not to love?
Money talks.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 54314 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Money talks.
Right, with the bonus the board gets to complain about overpaying free agents.
Old 11-27-2006   #15
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Eric Steinbach is the best OL available but he plays LG.
i've heard good things about this guy, can anyone give me anymore good info
Old 11-27-2006   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Asantie (sp) Samuals or Nate Clements should be our #1 targets in FA. I doubt we can get them (maybe Eric Moulds can help with Clements) and then if we happen to snag one of them our first pick needs to be a stud FS. Landry looks like he might fit that one. As it currently stands, it looks like we wil pick in the 3-5 range (number one is still in the picture though) and I'm not sure Landy is worth a top 5 pick. 5-10 pick probably, just not sure about using a top 5 on him. Second round should be the very best OLB on the board or the best OL guy based on how the coaches asses the most need position and then swap in the third based on pick. IMO, that would go a long way to puting the defense into NFL shape.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #17
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I've been posting this on all the other "what do we need to get" threads, so I might as well put my 2 cents in on this one.

Free Agency - go after Asante Samuel and/or Nate Clements at DB and Lance Briggs and/or Adalius Thomas at the LB position. Hopefully, we could land 2 of the 4 (1 at each position). Will we have to over pay? That's the only way I see any of them coming here.

Draft - Get Joe Thomas in the 1st round and put him at LT. Move Spencer to G. Not sure about the depth of the C position (don't see any Mangolds in this deck) in the draft, but we might be able to get one of the top rated ones in the 2nd round. If not, I'd go after the best DT available. I had read somewhere that DT will be thin in this draft. If this is so, then maybe we should go with DT in the 2nd, but I still would pick up more O-line help in the 3rd.

Anyway, that is what I would do. I don't know if Kubes sees it this way, but I know he is trying to build both the O-line and D-line, so I expect he will be going after help in both FA and the draft. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post

What's not to love?

Updates

Pro:
a) No state tax - this is significant
b) Texans have a great PR machine

Con:
c) Driving to/from the stadium can be problematic (i.e. tasers)
d) Maybe a few other things players talk among themselves about
Old 11-27-2006   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i've heard good things about this guy, can anyone give me anymore good info
No way the Bengals let Steinbach go.

He is one of the best young guards in the league.

I honestly dont think that the Texans will get any significant free agents unless we are willing to pay twice as much per season as any other team.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Fix the glitch by just stop paying the checks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read