Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-26-2006   #1
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Joseph Addai and the Fall of the Eagles

The rookie is opening a can on the Eagles defense. As far as the Eagles offense, it looks pretty dismal without McSnabb. I don't know what to think of the Colts offense, I am just kinda scared right now.

Old 11-27-2006   #2
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joseph Addai and the Fall of the Eagles

The Colts show how important an O-Line is. I bet Edgerrin wishes the Cardinals O-Line had 1/2 the talent that the Colts do.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #3
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
The Colts show how important an O-Line is. I bet Edgerrin wishes the Cardinals O-Line had 1/2 the talent that the Colts do.
The Cards have the worst run blocking line in the NFL. Fortunately for them, they are good at pass blocking.
Old 11-27-2006   #4
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Geaux Tigers.

The only Colts player I will cheer for.
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

When I was at Reliant on draft day, and they were passing rumors that Houston was trying to trade up to get D'Angelo.... & D'Angelo got picked up by Carolina, I was like..... big deal, we'll get Adai...... Adai was the guy I wanted.

But oh well, it worked out well for us after all.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet we would have traded for Addai if we knew the extent of DD's injury back then.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #7
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I picked up Addai in our fantasy draft from day 1 and have been pleased with his performance. I wish we had scored him in the 2nd but wasn't surprised that he didn't make it to us.

That said I've lost waaay too many games due to outrageous career days put up by my fantasy opponents ... and it felt great to finally pull one of those myself. I eeked out a win despite a very unimpressive showing on the part of most of the rest of my team.
Old 11-27-2006   #8
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Addai really this good or important to the Colts, or could it be the offensive system and the QB that runs it that really makes the Colts offense so successful?

My point is the Colts have a very good system on offense and the QB executes it to perfection. To compliment the QB, Wayne and Harrison make awesome catches.

Required for the Colts offense is Manning, Harrison, and Wayne, find some good role players, and you have a strong offense.

I think you guys are giving Addai way too much credit.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #9
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Is Addai really this good or important to the Colts, or could it be the offensive system and the QB that runs it that really makes the Colts offense so successful?

My point is the Colts have a very good system on offense and the QB executes it to perfection. To compliment the QB, Wayne and Harrison make awesome catches.

Required for the Colts offense is Manning, Harrison, and Wayne, find some good role players, and you have a strong offense.

I think you guys are giving Addai way too much credit.
I agree with this. Look at how much push they get on the stretch play that they run. It is run to perfection. Nobody ever gets into the backfield. Yesterday, Wali had to attempt 3 defenders on a 3rd and 1 attempt. Of course he got stuffed. That's the difference between a winning and losing team right there.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #10
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I bet we would have traded for Addai if we knew the extent of DD's injury back then.
AAAAAAA, i'll have one of those please....The one with the 4 TD's
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

You don't suppose that the O-line might have a bit to do with it? Let's see, a 1500 yard back in Indy and probably will struggle to get over 900 in card land. The rookie in Indy get 4 TDs with his old team. I wonder what could be the factor?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read