Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2006   #1
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default I know what this team lacks.....

SWAGGER!!

And leadership.....

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC
Default Re: I know what this team lacks.....

pretty much. i also think that this team lacks a winning mentality...the mentality of not being the underdog. when u have a losing mentality, u view urself as an underdog and closing games out is very tough because you are expecting something bad to happen. when u are a team like the colts or the patriots, u are confident even when you are trailing because they have a winning mentality and they are confident that they can pull together to win. they expect good things to happen. the texans dont....and i dont blame them. losing mentality is tough to break. most of the time, the head coach is responsible for instilling that swagger. take sean payton, eric mangini, bill parcells, john fox, brad childress, marty shottenheimer, and marvin lewis for example....all great coaches who took over their teams after they came off of bad seasons and turned them instantly into winners.

POST # 1000!!!
Old 11-26-2006   #3
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
pretty much. i also think that this team lacks a winning mentality...the mentality of not being the underdog. when u have a losing mentality, u view urself as an underdog and closing games out is very tough because you are expecting something bad to happen. when u are a team like the colts or the patriots, u are confident even when you are trailing because they have a winning mentality and they are confident that they can pull together to win. they expect good things to happen. the texans dont....and i dont blame them. losing mentality is tough to break. most of the time, the head coach is responsible for instilling that swagger. take sean payton, eric mangini, bill parcells, john fox, brad childress, marty shottenheimer, and marvin lewis for example....all great coaches who took over their teams after they came off of bad seasons and turned them instantly into winners.

POST # 1000!!!
Its realizing what you have and work with what you have. Its being what you are, not what you are not. Kubiak spoke like a man of vision and adjustment, but has turned out to be another Capers. Of those new to the head coaching ranks this year, he is doing probably the poorest job overall. I did not expect this from Kubiak.

I will also make another statement and this is Smith is not going to be another Casserly. Some of you think that is a positive statement, but it is not. Casserly was a lot better than some of you think. His problem was he worked with and trusted his head coach, but that was the way it has always been with him. Smith is just a yes man for Kubiak from what I have seen.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

You know who has a winning swagger...ASANTE SAMUEL!!!

Old 11-26-2006   #5
LoneStarState
Veteran

A quarterback... among other things
Old 11-26-2006   #6
doughboy
Veteran

vince young
Old 11-26-2006   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tweety View Post
vince young
so obvious!! (beat me to it but i wouldve added an 'apparently')
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #8
profan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew View Post
SWAGGER!!

And leadership.....
= vince young
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #9
profan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
Its realizing what you have and work with what you have. Its being what you are, not what you are not. Kubiak spoke like a man of vision and adjustment, but has turned out to be another Capers. Of those new to the head coaching ranks this year, he is doing probably the poorest job overall. I did not expect this from Kubiak.

I will also make another statement and this is Smith is not going to be another Casserly. Some of you think that is a positive statement, but it is not. Casserly was a lot better than some of you think. His problem was he worked with and trusted his head coach, but that was the way it has always been with him. Smith is just a yes man for Kubiak from what I have seen.
he's doing the worst job because he still believes in your hero.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan View Post
= vince young
Sickening, just sickening. Today was just the beginning.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read