Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2006   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Make a decision

The most dangerous phrase in the english language is "if only..."

If only I hadnt bet on red...

If only I hadnt done drugs my life wouldnt be in shambles..

If only I hadnt dropped out of school id be graduating from college..

If only I hadnt voted Bush..

If only..

If only..

If only..

"If only.." is the motto of weak men. For thier every mistake, thier every weakness.. they have an "If only..".

In the case of this board and some if its posters, the "If only.."'s are numerous and predictable. They are used as an excuse to explain away your lack of patience and loyalty.

If only we had drafted Vince Young
If only we had drafted Reggie Bush
If only we had gone for it on 4th and 2
If only we hadnt hired Dom Capers
If only..
If only..

Grow some "you know whats". Im not happy with the position we are in right now, no one in thier right mind is. No one likes rebuilding, no one likes being disrespected, no one likes seeing thier team make mistakes when you know they are capable of playing at a much higher level. Despite that, you will notice that many people here do not resort to "If only.. ". Why? Because they love this team.. and they will support this team even when it makes mistakes, even when it makes choices they disagree with.. because it is thier team.

If you want to critque the team, then say what you would like to change about the team next year, or what you would like to change right now.. that kind of criticism is fine, that is what keeps this community going.. but "If only.. " is weak, and pathetic.

What am I getting at? Im trying to explain to you that you need to quit dwelling on the past and how we could have done things different.. this is our team, this is the path we are going to take.. you can disagree, you can voice your desire for change, but do not chastise for things we did in the past.

The most obvious example of this is David Carr. If you dont like Carr.. fine, explain why. And when I say explain, I mean actually come up with a valid reason.. not sarcasm, not "well this guy is better", not "If only we had drafted Vince Young".. I mean actually do a little research and tell me why Carr is a bad QB and the wrong guy to make this a successful team. Well thought out criticism demands respect, even if you dont agree with it.. but this sarcastic bull**** is childish and annoying.

If you want Vince Young that bad.. then get off of this board, get out of our community, and go hang with the Titan fans where you belong. You are not welcome here.

The same goes for Bush..and any other player you can think of that you get all "If only.." about.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Make a decision

must spread reputation around , so rain check will have to do...nice
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Do I really have to Grid? My position should be quite clear, but I can pull out the PowerPoint to break it down again.
Old 11-26-2006   #4
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

if only i had posted that!
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #5
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Do I really have to Grid? My position should be quite clear, but I can pull out the PowerPoint to break it down again.
You have an "If Only" powerpoint presentation? I wanna see it, can ya post that?

Grid, love ya man, but the naysayers aren't far off the mark, they just haven't found a way to express it with facts, they rely too much on their feelings. I'm the eternal optimist, but even I have my limits. Todays showing on the field by the entire team left me drained of any patience I had left. I wanna see improvement, win or loss, not regression.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #6
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post

If only..

If only..

If only..

"If only.." is the motto of weak men. For thier every mistake, thier every weakness.. they have an "If only..".

In the case of this board and some if its posters, the "If only.."'s are numerous and predictable. They are used as an excuse to explain away your lack of patience and loyalty.

If only..
If only..

Grow some "you know whats". Im not happy with the position we are in right now, no one in thier right mind is. No one likes rebuilding, no one likes being disrespected, no one likes seeing thier team make mistakes when you know they are capable of playing at a much higher level. Despite that, you will notice that many people here do not resort to "If only.. ". Why? Because they love this team.. and they will support this team even when it makes mistakes, even when it makes choices they disagree with.. because it is thier team.

If you want to critque the team, then say what you would like to change about the team next year, or what you would like to change right now.. that kind of criticism is fine, that is what keeps this community going.. but "If only.. " is weak, and pathetic.

What am I getting at? Im trying to explain to you that you need to quit dwelling on the past and how we could have done things different.. this is our team, this is the path we are going to take.. you can disagree, you can voice your desire for change, but do not chastise for things we did in the past.

The most obvious example of this is David Carr. If you dont like Carr.. fine, explain why. And when I say explain, I mean actually come up with a valid reason.. not sarcasm, not "well this guy is better", not "If only we had drafted Vince Young".. I mean actually do a little research and tell me why Carr is a bad QB and the wrong guy to make this a successful team. Well thought out criticism demands respect, even if you dont agree with it.. but this sarcastic bull**** is childish and annoying.

If you want Vince Young that bad.. then get off of this board, get out of our community, and go hang with the Titan fans where you belong. You are not welcome here.

The same goes for Bush..and any other player you can think of that you get all "If only.." about.

Nicely said...I so agree with you on this.
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #7
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the post GRID!
Old 11-26-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
You have an "If Only" powerpoint presentation? I wanna see it, can ya post that?

Grid, love ya man, but the naysayers aren't far off the mark, they just haven't found a way to express it with facts, they rely too much on their feelings. I'm the eternal optimist, but even I have my limits. Todays showing on the field by the entire team left me drained of any patience I had left. I wanna see improvement, win or loss, not regression.
Well i have no problem with criticism.. just people that cannot give criticism without being a sarcastic, whiney punk. If youre gonna pick apart the team, thats fine, do it with some intelligence and hard facts.. dont just find some "clever" way to say "carr sucks".. that is a waste of time, and space.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well i have no problem with criticism.. just people that cannot give criticism without being a sarcastic, whiney punk. If youre gonna pick apart the team, thats fine, do it with some intelligence and hard facts.. dont just find some "clever" way to say "carr sucks".. that is a waste of time, and space.
exactly,

or maybe anythread with Carr in it needs to go to NSV
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If only we could draft a QB next year.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post Grid and well said.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #12
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not being sarcastic when I say this: I feel sorry for you guys. I really hope it turns around for you.

I REALLY hope you guys draft Brady Quinn. Brady Quinn is what you need. The QB is the most important position on the field.

Good luck with the rest of the season, but I hope you have a high pick so you can get that QB your team needs.
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Very good post and I agree. Todays dismal performance has entirely too many "what if"'s going through my head.
"what if"' we had an O-line?
"what if"' we had a pass rush?
"what if"' we had a secondary worthy of Texas Tech?
"what if"' we had a running game?
"what if"' we had a coaching staff?
QB is a whole different area. I think Carr has tons of potential, but so did Ryan Leaf. Put up or shut up. He's been pretty quiet, all the improvement considered. He's made it to adequate stop-gap.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
I'm not being sarcastic when I say this: I feel sorry for you guys. I really hope it turns around for you.

I REALLY hope you guys draft Brady Quinn. Brady Quinn is what you need. The QB is the most important position on the field.

Good luck with the rest of the season, but I hope you have a high pick so you can get that QB your team needs.
Is Kerry Collins available?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If only..

If only..

If only..

If only..
If only..

Great post, to bad some will continue to whine and complain like they always do and bring the "it" factor or the "sucks" factor up in all there post.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this a project that has to be done tonight . I mean right now I'm in mourning for the poor guy we draft in the top 4 next year .

KT did yoy say Tito's and sweet leaf tea ... I need two .
Old 11-26-2006   #17
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Best post in the thread. I agree 110%.

Unfortunately, that ain't the way it works on message boards. Especially large MB's like this one.

Then you've got people making posts about the sarcastic whiney punks and it just keeps it going. Not that not making the post would stop it, but here's just another waste of space as I see it.

I know it feels better to get it off your chest to get it out there, and you have that right. Again, unfortunately, the sarcastic whiney punks have a right to post "Carr sucks". That's just how the MB world works. But one of the best things about MB's is that you can choose what you want to read. You don't have to click on those threads. I don't and I don't feel like I'm missing a thing.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #18
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Grid, nice post. Despite our record we've had some positives come from this year (Ryans, Daniels, Williams, etc.). Kubiak is a rookie HC and is learning the ropes of running the entire team...he's made mistakes, but then who hasn't?

Without the injuries to our OL/DL, maybe our offense and secondary would look a bit better. Patience is a tough virture, and one fans tend not to have, but another solid draft, a year experience for the coaching staff and some good FAs will give us a better season in 07.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read