Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007   #141
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Re: The Official "I got Carr's back" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
*shakes head and hides in corner*

what was I smoking?
Don't worry - we all had our own epiphany moments at different times.

Besides, David didn't truly prove any of us right until he changed uniforms.
Old 11-13-2007   #142
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

How bout someone just dig a hole and throw Carr and this thread in it ! .... And dont forget to cover it up !

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Old 11-13-2007   #143
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is great!

What a laugh to go through this thread.

Put this thread on a sticky...
Old 11-13-2007   #144
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
*shakes head and hides in corner*

what was I smoking?
Some of you guys broke a baseball record in this thread .

It has something to do with how many times Yogi Berra was hit on the chin with baseballs .
Old 11-13-2007   #145
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Boo! I never posted in this thread

Thanks to Premier
Old 11-13-2007   #146
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Wow. It must be pretty embarassing to look back at this thread if you were a Carr lover.

Sig by False Start on #69
Old 11-13-2007   #147
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Boo! I never posted in this thread
Hey neither did I. Oh wait, we both just did.

Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2007   #148
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Wow. It must be pretty embarassing to look back at this thread if you were a Carr lover.
Hmmm ... more fanatical than a Hannah Montana fan maybe .
Old 11-13-2007   #149
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

(insert other smilie here)

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 11-13-2007   #150
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see the point in resurrecting this thread, especially since if we went back 2 more years, Carr was the hero of 98% of the people on this board.

It is interesting to look at this thread in relation to the Mario threads of today though.

Quote:
“Those who cannot study history, are doomed to repeat it.” – George Santayana
Old 11-13-2007   #151
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Didn't Carr line up under the guard once?

My original typing was full of so many mistakes.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 11-13-2007   #152
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I don't see the point in resurrecting this thread, especially since if we went back 2 more years, Carr was the hero of 98% of the people on this board.

It is interesting to look at this thread in relation to the Mario threads of today though.
I just thought it was kind of funny how things change so quickly.
Old 11-13-2007   #153
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I just thought it was kind of funny how things change so quickly.
This thread was a response to a get rid of Carr thread .
Old 11-13-2007   #154
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
This thread was a response to a get rid of Carr thread .
I know, but this thread was still representative of alot of people, even during the middle of last season.
Old 11-13-2007   #155
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post

Are you one of those people that can not accept when the masses admit they were wrong....

Old 11-13-2007   #156
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think everyone knows why I never posted in this thread.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 11-13-2007   #157
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all for digging up "this is an 9 or 10 win season threads from the beginning of the year."

Oh and for what its worth I still say WE RUINED CARR. He might not have been a probowler but I'm pretty sure whatever chance he had at making it in the nfl was dragged through the dirt, burned at the steak and the farted on by the C&C Crap factory we had running things here.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Old 11-13-2007   #158
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I'm all for digging up "this is an 9 or 10 win season threads from the beginning of the year."

Oh and for what its worth I still say WE RUINED CARR. He might not have been a probowler but I'm pretty sure whatever chance he had at making it in the nfl was dragged through the dirt, burned at the steak and the farted on by the C&C Crap factory we had running things here.

Mike
I don't think we "ruined" him...it's possible he was bad the whole time here. I was villified back in 2003 for just stating what I was observing. If you notice, I was pointing out problems with his game long before most of our fans were even trying to acknowledge he had any.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 11-13-2007   #159
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I wasn't very surprised to see my absence from this thread either.

Oh, how I miss the Fresno fans.

Wait - no I don't.
Old 11-13-2007   #160
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't think we "ruined" him...it's possible he was bad the whole time here. I was villified back in 2003 for just stating what I was observing. If you notice, I was pointing out problems with his game long before most of our fans were even trying to acknowledge he had any.
Well there were several problems with that team. And I'm not saying he was a top 5 potential QB. At the same time, its well documented that he was told who to throw the ball to. He wasn't checking down from one receiver to the next etc. when he first came into the league. I think the coaching was horrible because not only did his decision making get worse, so did his accuracy and his touch. Go back and watch some of his early games. He was making rookie mistakes. He was holding onto the ball too long, but he was also throwing passes on target.

I remember several occasions early in his career when he made football decisions. By the end here, he was running for his life. There was a game against the Rams, I think, his rookie year when he was getting drug down in the end zone and managed to stretch the ball out and get it over the goal line as he was going down. That is a smart football play. I'm not saying he was a rocket scientist, but rather that I watched both his physical talents degrade and his IQ diminished every year. We talked bout him developing, but when a QB leaves a place and is a worse QB than when he arrived as a rookie.... that's not good.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read