Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006   #101
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 16 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: The Official "I got Carr's backside" thread

Carr is 22-54 as a starter -- one of those wins featured negative -5 net passing yards.
Old 12-04-2006   #102
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Official "I got Carr's back" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Carr say they care about Texans, but in reality they only care about Carr.
Your reputation speaks for itself.
Old 12-04-2006   #103
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry but I just don't get Carr fans. 5 years of excuses. It was the line and not enough players around him. Then it was coaching. Now are you going to blame small hands or something?I mean you can't just put him in a glass house with the perfect people. Great, even good QBS make things happen for their team. How long have some of you watched football?I've watched since the 70s and I'll tell you one thing, it is easy to see why some guys succeed in the league and others don't. Look what Rosenfels did with the same line. He slid out of the pocket and made plays. Romo does it in Dallas and is confident. The Dallas line was horrible. Carr is not a championship QB. It is obvious. If you think so you are blind. I don't care that the guy might be a great guy, etc, the plan for the Texans is to one day win a SB and David Carr will never win a SB. He is not a QB that leads, he is not a QB that learns and no matter his stats, he still loses. Please stop thinking this guy is the man. The sooner this franchise splits ways with him, the sooner we can get to our goal. How are people so myopic?
Old 12-11-2006   #104
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will repost this every week if I have to, and it looks like it may be the case. Everyone knows my counterargument and everyone has there own. I support David because he is our best option right now. I will not jump off the edge just because the bandwagon fans have decided to come out of the woodworks.

I've still got your back, David.
Old 12-11-2006   #105
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I will repost this every week if I have to, and it looks like it may be the case. Everyone knows my counterargument and everyone has there own. I support David because he is our best option right now. I will not jump off the edge just because the bandwagon fans have decided to come out of the woodworks.

I've still got your back, David.
You set em up and we'll knock em down. Carr is a big part of the problem. He's a squirrel. Next.

Old 12-11-2006   #106
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
You set em up and we'll knock em down. Carr is a big part of the problem. He's a squirrel. Next.
So techincally, you do not have Carr's back? Correct?
Old 12-11-2006   #107
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

this thread deserves to be nuked into oblivion

the debate is over. you lose. (and that means we all lose as Texans fans)
Old 12-11-2006   #108
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post

He is our only option right now......

I hope he does better in the last three games- So we could at least trade him for a 3th round pick.
Old 12-11-2006   #109
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

we would have to pay someone to take his contract from us. the NFL isnt baseball or basketball where people move from team to team. his contract makes a trade nearly prohibitive...that is why it was such a double blunder by not only resigning Carr but picking up the most extensive option.......braindead moves were in abundance this offseason

I drank the koolaid to start the season and tried to be a good little sheep.... its like beating a dead horse by now....i just hope that management reads some of the more well constructed posts and gets a good feel for what people want from an NFL organization.

They just set themselves up for a worse case scenario in this past offseason. The potential fallout and blowback was just too immense. They made 4 major moves this offseason. Resign QB. Pass on Local Legend. Draft another workout warrior #1 overall. New Coach. It is worst possible scenario in every one of those moves....including the Head Coach (most important move for any NFL franchise)
Old 12-11-2006   #110
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
LOL i care and know that Carr is the problem. If people want to compare him to moon, moon at least showed improvement when we added pieces. We have added pieces and I see no improvement from Carr. Carr still passes below the line of scrimmage which is a no no in the NFL. You guys got your new coach and some added offensive help. Carr still blows chunks! 90% of houston is tired of Carr and want a new QB.

Give us an O-line and I dont care if it is Carr or Joe Montana, what we have now will not allow success for anyone back there.

Id take Carr haters more seriously if they didnt cry after every game win or lose.
Old 12-11-2006   #111
TXN008
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Give us an O-line and I dont care if it is Carr or Joe Montana, what we have now will not allow success for anyone back there.

Id take Carr haters more seriously if they didnt cry after every game win or lose.
Amen to that!
Our current O-line------------>
Old 12-11-2006   #112
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
Current QB:

He does get sacked a lot!
Old 12-11-2006   #113
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
Current QB:
LOL! I think it's more like this

Current QB=
Old 12-11-2006   #114
scottgroce
waterboy

I'm with you - overall record is not where we want it, but David is not making bad decisions - I still believe that he is the Texans QB of the future. We have gotten better!
Old 12-11-2006   #115
TXN008
Rookie

Pick me!
Old 12-11-2006   #116
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hey as someone stated Titans were 0-5 without Vince Young! VY came in and now they have a better record than us. Go cry to Carr and tell him to be the man than he isn't.
????????????
Old 12-11-2006   #117
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
Rookie

Loser Thread

"Winners Always Find a Way To Win & Losers Always Find a Way To Lose."

Face it - these words ring true again; Vince = Winner and Carr = Loser

Your Disen-Franchse of a club will be a "cellar dwellar" for years to come b/c of the ineptitude from the owner on down.

The management and ownership has sold this city a "bill of goods".
Old 12-11-2006   #118
Janus3
Veteran

carr did the same thing vince did yesterday. got his team into overtime. vince got the ball first and won the game. if carr had it first he would've won the game. everyone shut up about vince being better than carr please.
Old 12-11-2006   #119
ToroFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3 View Post
carr did the same thing vince did yesterday. got his team into overtime. vince got the ball first and won the game. if carr had it first he would've won the game. everyone shut up about vince being better than carr please.
Carr had the ball last in regulation. He could have "won" the game then against the NFL's statistically worst defense.
Old 12-11-2006   #120
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Don't mean to burst anybody's bubble, but Kubiak doesn't trust David to do anything. Why do you think he didn't call anything over a 3-yard pass (except the one to Andre at the end of the game) and why do you think he had David hand off like a Pop Warner game for the entire 2nd half against Oakland? If you're looking for someone to watch David's back, don't count on Kubiak. He probably has already called his old Denver crony, Plummer.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read