Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006   #81
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Official "I got Carr's back" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator View Post
Carr was pathetic all game until trash time which was pretty much the entire 4th quarter. His inability to throw the deep ball is killing this team -- his post game comments blaming the running game for the Texans' problems show a complete lack of leadership.
I missed this quote about the run game. Anybody got a link for it?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 11-27-2006   #82
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

It is my point of view that Texans fans are experiencing David Carr fatigue. We have seen him play so much bad football (his fault and otherwise), that unless we see him do amazing stuff, people will dump all their frustrations with the team on his doorstep.

The VY thing contributes to it.

Texans fans are sick of losing, and David Carr is the franchise face of that losing, fairly or not.

Here's my opinion about it:

Texans Fans Suffering From David Carr Fatigue
Old 11-27-2006   #83
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
I missed this quote about the run game. Anybody got a link for it?
Just found it.

Quote:
"They weren't giving us anything down the field," Carr said. "When they stopped our running game, it was a tough deal."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4361366.html

Not a big deal IMO. Just stating the obvious.

I think Peyton Manning's comments about "protection problems" is an example of throwing teammates under the bus. This is nothing.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 12-03-2006   #84
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be here all alone if I have to, it doesn't bother me.

I've still got your back, David.
Old 12-03-2006   #85
texflex513
All Pro

Im Here With You!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Carr!!!
Old 12-03-2006   #86
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Carr to succeed...he's a great guy and all. But he's got to start putting together some better performances, or you know Kubiak will go in another direction. He was awful today and the past few weeks as well.
Old 12-03-2006   #87
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Until the O-line is fixed, Carr gets a bye. Haven't like his play lately, but how much is driven by other factors is hard to tell.

De Oppresso Liber
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2006   #88
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I got carr's back he won me over today againts the raiders making play after play
Old 12-03-2006   #89
seveneventer
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to seveneventer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Until the O-line is fixed, Carr gets a bye. Haven't like his play lately, but how much is driven by other factors is hard to tell.
I agree.....you know...things have been messed up but from one game to another...its always someones fault....David...o-line....d-line.....coaches...whatever.....be a fan or pack it up and move somewhere else...cant please all of the people all of the time...just dont jump on later when he gets it together.....for real...give me and the rest of us die-hards a break....
Old 12-03-2006   #90
phan1
All Pro

He played unexcusably bad today. I've been a Carr supporter a lot of times, but he was just terrible today. And he can't blame that on anyone. Yeah, the Oline was bad, but they did leave room for Carr to step up and make something happen. He was double-clutching the ball on the 3-step drop just like Brooks was. Terrible game for Carr, and right now I believe the Texans have to seriously think about building a contingency plan in case Carr doesn't work out.
Old 12-03-2006   #91
bigTEXan8
All Pro

i got carr's back on this one. i work for a cbs tv station, so i got to watch the entire texans game. oakland played some bloody good d. they have a blood good d. it's just that their offense doesn't come close. the harrassed carr all day. i remember people saying that he needs to step up into the pocket. what kind of pocket was there today. i've seen bigger pockets in jogging nutter shorts.
Old 12-03-2006   #92
ToroFan
Rookie

I got David Carr's back. People just don't understand NFL QB's placed in bad situations.

Signed,
Tim Couch
Old 12-03-2006   #93
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Going on five years. What will it take for you to say we have spent to much money on this project and need to cut our losses? How long are you willing to wait?
Old 12-03-2006   #94
kingh99

Gary Kubiak, Dave's dad and coach of his pop warner team, had a solid game patrolling the sidelines. It was a little uncomfortable watching father dress down son and I almost wanted to say something a couple of times. I guess the kid's got to learn one way or another.

DC doesn't have the intellectual capacity to excel at the QB position. He can barely read a defense. 3 seconds before, 3 seconds after the snap he's serviceable at best. He's a skinny version of the indecisive bumbler that was Trent Dilfer. Watching Aaron Brooks and David Carr today it became very obvious to me the biggest limiting factor with both teams are their QB's. I am guessing neither put in much film time reading defenses and really being a student of the game. Either that or they are just basically dumb players who are easily duped at the line of scrimmage.

Old 12-04-2006   #95
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Going on five years. What will it take for you to say we have spent to much money on this project and need to cut our losses? How long are you willing to wait?
Are you talking to a Carr fan or Bob McNair? Realize that no one on this board has any official say in what does or does not happen as far as personnel of the Texans.

You can put the knife away now, KT. It's gunna be ok....
Old 12-04-2006   #96
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Last offseason. He shouldn't have gotten that extension and we should've taken Young--nothing against Williams. Now that he has it, we're probably gonna have to play it out.

Old 12-04-2006   #97
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Last offseason. He shouldn't have gotten that extension and we should've taken Young--nothing against Williams. Now that he has it, we're probably gonna have to play it out.
Yea, we should have thrown another rookie behind a dismal O-line and let him live off of potential for the next five years.

Old 12-04-2006   #98
MrMeToo
All Pro

You Carr lovers are sickening...
Old 12-04-2006   #99
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
You Carr lovers are sickening...
Good. When you are sick you are weak. We are never weak. Be sickened.
Old 12-04-2006   #100
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

http://standbyyourcarr.ytmnd.com/

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read