Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006   #61
Dre_80
Rookie

Default Re: The Official "I got Carr's back" thread

i got his back. i heard some teams in the nfl actually have o-lines that know how to block. and they even have guys called "running backs". we could really need something like that
Old 11-26-2006   #62
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

problem is some won't give Carr a chance to suceed

BTW ... those that want Carr gone.. who you going to replace him with? don't say sage, or it will be hard for me to type from laughing so hard.. who is out there at this point in the season?
Old 11-26-2006   #63
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
BTW ... those that want Carr gone.. who you going to replace him with? don't say sage, or it will be hard for me to type from laughing so hard.. who is out there at this point in the season?
It really doesn't matter at this point, this season is over for us, I mean we aren't playing for the playoffs or anything, the rest of the season really doesn't matter all that much. I would release him at the end of the season and pick up a FA or draft a QB. If we draft a QB...let Sage start until that QB comes along.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-26-2006 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2006   #64
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

In my opinion you would not just replacing a body at a specific position; this is about a face lift; a change of direction; or drawing the proverbial line in the stand.

We are Texans fans and are quite used to disappointment, hopefully Kubiak's tolerance for failure is less than others around here.
Old 11-26-2006   #65
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It really does matter at this point, this season is over for us, I mean we aren't playing for the playoffs or anything, the rest of the season really doesn't matter all that much. I would release him at the end of the season and pick up a FA or draft a QB. If we draft a QB...let Sage start until that QB comes along.
When has Sage proven himself? During trash time vs the Titans,preseason? That something to hang your hopes on.
Old 11-26-2006   #66
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
When has Sage proven himself? During trash time vs the Titans,preseason? That something to hang your hopes on.
When did I say that he did. But I thought the options after releasing Carr were clearly typed: Pick up a QB from FA, draft a qb, or play Sage. There's no other options.
Old 11-26-2006   #67
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
In my opinion you would not just replacing a body at a specific position; this is about a face lift; a change of direction; or drawing the proverbial line in the stand.

We are Texans fans and are quite used to disappointment, hopefully Kubiak's tolerance for failure is less than others around here.
gotcha
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #68
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 467 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

In.

We have bigger problems.
Old 11-26-2006   #69
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz View Post
count me in, david carr all the way
Me too.
Old 11-26-2006   #70
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it has been proven that he cannot consistantly score touchdowns. You play the game to win...to win you must score. If you cannot score touchdowns you do not win.

Maybe you don't understand. This is the "I got Carr's back" thread. Post in the negative thread if you must, but please stay out of this one!

I'm in by the way. Call me a , but I support Carr until he is no longer a Texan. After all this franchise put him through, I think he deserves a little slack.
Old 11-26-2006   #71
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
He'd been sacked 25 times going into this game...that is not even that bad.

Obviously, Carr is not the only problem. This team has more problems than the QB, maybe even bigger ones, but it does not change the fact that we need a new QB.

How about Rix?
Old 11-26-2006   #72
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:

Someone suggested Warner. You think the Cards would let him go?
Old 11-26-2006   #73
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher View Post
How about Rix?
Haha, I think we can all agree that Rix was/is horrible.
Old 11-27-2006   #74
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Carr haters are jealous of Carr and his life. They blame him for no run game and obviously they seem to think a pass in Andre Johnsons hands that he drops like Corey Bradfod is also Carrs fault.

I say we trade him and watch him go win a Super Bowl and then watch the ***** Carr haters make posts about they never wanted to trade him!
Old 11-27-2006   #75
Yokohama Texan
Rookie

Yea, he doesn't suck when the game is already out of reach. He is not a LEADER. Never has been, never will be. I love all of these posts " It's not Carrs fault" it the offensive line, it's the running game, it's the wr's. I have listened to this for the past 3 yrs. Yea, it's not Davids fault. He's the best!!
Old 11-27-2006   #76
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its annoying when you watch your team suck ass all day and then come to the forums where fans are doing the same.
Then leave.
Old 11-27-2006   #77
MrMeToo
All Pro

I don't have Carr's back until he becomes a good QB
Old 11-27-2006   #78
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Carr was pathetic all game until trash time which was pretty much the entire 4th quarter. His inability to throw the deep ball is killing this team -- his post game comments blaming the running game for the Texans' problems show a complete lack of leadership.
Old 11-27-2006   #79
rogerwilco
Rookie

OD didn't 'drop' the ball. Carr couldn't manage to throw it without it being tipped at the line and spinning off. I confirmed it on TiVO a number of times.
Old 11-27-2006   #80
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I'm in. Carr is not perfect, but he does well, and can do even better. What happened to the people giving him a year to prove what he has in this new offense?
They are bandwagonners and disappeared with the first loss. But they will be back.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read