Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006   #41
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Official "I got Carr's back" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
thank you!!!! the protection breaks down carr is hit or makes a bad decision...carrs fault???? no the o line!!!!! he has to be given a chance to make a play and that is not possible when your getting pounded and pressured and yes he screws up alot HOLD ON TO THE FOOTBALL those turnovers are his fault but protection other guys fumbles, and dropped balls are NOT! TEAM GAME!!!! Get it straight i have carrs back but im not blind to when he screws up... but i also know when the heat and blame should and should not be all on him.
He'd been sacked 25 times going into this game...that is not even that bad.

Obviously, Carr is not the only problem. This team has more problems than the QB, maybe even bigger ones, but it does not change the fact that we need a new QB.
Old 11-26-2006   #42
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Dude he threw the ball 54!!!! times today. 54 times!! I hope he has 300 yards throwing the ball 54 times.

He has one of the best receivers in the league...an up and coming rookie TE...and a 3-time probowler and he only has 10 TDs. 10. TEN. That's horrible. He has 1 TD in the last 3 games. Are you saying you will take a drop in INTs if the TDs drop also?? Because that is what David Carr is providing at this point. Today he threw his first TD of NOVEMBER. He only threw 3 in October. He threw 6 in September. He is getting worse and worse in the TD department as the season goes by. Don't give me this TEAM GAME crap...this offense is capable of scoring a hell of a lot more TDs through the air then 10 in 11 games. Not even a TD a game.

Let's take off the pretty boy goggles for a minute and put our football sunglasses on. Please.

!
fumbled in the Bills gamP.S. and yes he did fumble...he e.

Yeah I guess you missed the entire first part of my post, if the rest of the team could fix its deficancies then Carr's play which is acceptable in comparison today compared to:Ben Rothlesburger,Jake Delhomme,Eli Manning and a slew of others. His play is easily puttin us in the win column. If the problems with the run game,D,dropped balls etc... could be acknowledged. 54 attempts might com from the 14,and 11 yard performance by Lundy and Gado. Maybe you should take you football sunglasses off when your sitting in a very dark and gloomy room!
Old 11-26-2006   #43
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
exactly!!!! all the parts of a complete offense equals success can you honestly say carr has everything he needs to succeed now????
Why do things have to be perfect or fully complete before you can judge something. Thats like you painting your house...and can't decide that red isn't a good color before you have painted the whole damn thing.

And yes honestly....I can say that this offense has enough weapons for us to be scoring more often and winning more games.
Old 11-26-2006   #44
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketAces View Post
This post is so funny, Carr Homers unite!!!!! Hey everyone has an opinion so I wil respect yall and your post, but you can take note that I Officially am sick of David Carr!! Oh and mad props to Vince Young!!
Wow! Does he play for the Texans?
Old 11-26-2006   #45
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:

Obviously, Carr is not the only problem. This team has more problems than the QB, maybe even bigger ones, but it does not change the fact that we need a new QB.
ok thats your opinion i agree to disagree with you i think when the other oline issues begin to get solved carr will improve even more and yes he has improved. I understand you are a fan so am i we just have different views i think carr is our guy you dont overall the TEAM has to do better for us to win. If carr doesnt work out i will be the first to admit i was wrong but like i said i have confidence in him. TEXANS4LIFE!!
Old 11-26-2006   #46
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
Yeah I guess you missed the entire first part of my post, if the rest of the team could fix its deficancies then Carr's play which is acceptable in comparison today compared to:Ben Rothlesburger,Jake Delhomme,Eli Manning and a slew of others. His play is easily puttin us in the win column. If the problems with the run game,D,dropped balls etc... could be acknowledged. 54 attempts might com from the 14,and 11 yard performance by Lundy and Gado. Maybe you should take you football sunglasses off when your sitting in a very dark and gloomy room!
Big Ben has won a superbowl. Jake Delhomme took his team to the superbowl, but lost. Eli Manning has been more impressive than Carr since he has joined the league. He is also the son of a NFL QB and brother of the best QB in the NFL. These guys have obviously proved themselves worthy. If they were no name QBs or QBs who had not proven themselves, I doubt they would be playing much. Everybody goes into a slump...just not 5 year slumps. Bad Argument.

All of the run game, D, Dropped ball problems are realized...this thread is about David Carr so i talk about David Carr...If i were to say everything in one thread itd be so long nobody would read it. Obviously.

The 54 attemtps does come from the horrible running game, but ok??? What are you saying? Im just saying I hope he is throwing the ball for 300 yards when he gets 54 attempts. Basically my point there is dont throw a 300 PASSING YARDS!!!!!! stat up like its a good thing when he threw 54 times, regardless of how good or bad the running game was.
Old 11-26-2006   #47
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Why do things have to be perfect or fully complete before you can judge something. Thats like you painting your house...and can't decide that red isn't a good color before you have painted the whole damn thing.

And yes honestly....I can say that this offense has enough weapons for us to be scoring more often and winning more games.
Yes enough weapons you are right but the key to those weapons is the OFFENSIVE LINE say it with me... RUN BLOCKING ...PASS BLOCKING.
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #48
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes enough weapons you are right but the key to those weapons is the OFFENSIVE LINE say it with me... RUN BLOCKING ...PASS BLOCKING.
Seems to me that they are having more problems with the Zone Run Blocking than the Zone Pass Blocking. Carr was sacked 5 times in the 3 games before this one, against the Jets. He threw 0 TDs in those 3 games...obviously the sacks and TDs do not correlate like you seem to think...considering 5 is not a high number, and 0 TDs is OBVIOUSLY not good.
Old 11-26-2006   #49
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Dont stats lie?
Old 11-26-2006   #50
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
This post is so funny, Carr Homers unite!!!!! Hey everyone has an opinion so I wil respect yall and your post, but you can take note that I Officially am sick of David Carr!! Oh and mad props to Vince Young!!
vince young did his thing today i will again give him credit!! the titans as a team did great today Carr Homer??? yea maybe TEXANS HOMER! to me thats not such a bad thing.
Old 11-26-2006   #51
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well i can see we're trolling now on the Subject of DC. To quote boggie: I'll try one more time then give it up. OK, on the only seven step drop we attempted today....Carr was rolled like a trany working the streets in Katy. Ok, the 54 attemts should be your first clue. We have no running game vs an in tack decent deffensive line. And the Jets have more than a decent line. For those of you banging on Kubes' decidsion last week, you owe the guy an apology. How many rushes today for how many yards ? Two to go, we couldn't generate a two yard gain today. We have to keep extra guys in now on the medium patterns ( five step drops) which means they are max protecting. If the other team double covers A.J and Owens and takes their chances on Lundy...we're pretty much toast. And the reason that is...we're running and offense who's main theme is the threat of the run. So we got no play action pass threat, on a team whos main cog is the play action pass. If makes you feel better to bang on Carr, good therapy knock yourself out. Just try to refrain doing it on the "I got your back thread". That's kinda trollesque to me. I'm there. Not going to be an easy haul. But I'm in it for the long haul. I got your back DC. It ain't the quarterback.
Old 11-26-2006   #52
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Big Ben has won a superbowl. Jake Delhomme took his team to the superbowl, but lost. Eli Manning has been more impressive than Carr since he has joined the league. He is also the son of a NFL QB and brother of the best QB in the NFL. These guys have obviously proved themselves worthy. If they were no name QBs or QBs who had not proven themselves, I doubt they would be playing much. Everybody goes into a slump...just not 5 year slumps. Bad Argument.

All of the run game, D, Dropped ball problems are realized...this thread is about David Carr so i talk about David Carr...If i were to say everything in one thread itd be so long nobody would read it. Obviously.

The 54 attemtps does come from the horrible running game, but ok??? What are you saying? Im just saying I hope he is throwing the ball for 300 yards when he gets 54 attempts. Basically my point there is dont throw a 300 PASSING YARDS!!!!!! stat up like its a good thing when he threw 54 times, regardless of how good or bad the running game was.
Originally Posted by ib4texans

You miss key words in the post, compared to their performance today.
Old 11-26-2006   #53
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, Vince is gone hes a Titan now...you cant go back in time. This is OUR team...Carr is OUR quarterback. I'm a true fan, and I know Carr can be frustrating to watch at times however tell me this. Do you honestly believe any qb in this league would be able to succeed with this team...this team...THIS TEAM?

so...Doh! Im a take that I dont care I love my football team.
Old 11-26-2006   #54
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Seems to me that they are having more problems with the Zone Run Blocking than the Zone Pass Blocking. Carr was sacked 5 times in the 3 games before this one, against the Jets. He threw 0 TDs in those 3 games...obviously the sacks and TDs do not correlate like you seem to think...considering 5 is not a high number, and 0 TDs is OBVIOUSLY not good.
In our offense supposedly running is the key which is why we cant get into the endzone that and stupid holding and false start penalties in the redzone which have knocked us out of scoring range tooooo many times in the last 2-3 games. Last week we had a good running attack and we made it to the endzone but as usual we screwed up in other areas.
Old 11-26-2006   #55
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
You miss key words in the post, compared to their performance today.

?? Ok lets find QBs who have been good in the past and had a bad day today and compare them to Carr....he must be in the same league as them.
Old 11-26-2006   #56
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Find me another starting QB that has gone a whole month and only thrown 1 TD.
Old 11-26-2006   #57
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
?? Ok lets find QBs who have been good in the past and had a bad day today and compare them to Carr....he must be in the same league as them.
.............................. ........................................... .................................................. .. ............................................ ....................... .................................................. ..................................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oh did you say something? I can't hear you!
Old 11-26-2006   #58
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
If you are a Texans then you do what is best to keep the team alive and winning even if it is to not re-sign David Carr next season. I seriously hope they do not.
If kubiak decides carr is not our guy i have to respect that and life goes on TEXANS4LIFE! but for now i want david to succeed 100%
Old 11-26-2006   #59
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If kubiak decides carr is not our guy i have to respect that and life goes on TEXANS4LIFE! but for now i want david to succeed 100%
Of course you want him to succeed, but after repeated attempts and repeated failures you really have to look for another formula for success. You've got to be realistic. There will always be problems on the team. You can't say oh our running game is not good, or our safeties cannot cover, or only one of our linebackers is any good so we just will wait for all that to get better until we judge our QBs play. Thats rediculous. Just because we don't have a playoff team doesn't mean individuals can't be judged.
Old 11-26-2006   #60
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Of course you want him to succeed, but after repeated attempts and repeated failures you really have to look for another formula for success. You've got to be realistic. There will always be problems on the team. You can't say oh our running game is not good, or our safeties cannot cover, or only one of our linebackers is any good so we just will wait for all that to get better until we judge our QBs play. Thats rediculous. Just because we don't have a playoff team doesn't mean individuals can't be judged.
you are right but when you have a new coach like kubiak come in saying i can make it work with carr it leads me to give his formula a chance to succeed if he would have came in and said carr has to go fine i would have went with that flow. Being realistic i know that the team cant be perfect for carr to succeed but i do think the O line is most important part for this success..you know how bad our line was last year...one year of change with major injuries this year isnt going to help matters. Carr this year he has screwed up like last season but improvement (no matter how small) in the short time coach has been around is evident.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read