Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006   #21
texflex513
All Pro

Default Re: The Official "I got Carr's back" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Confidence in Carr? Two words that do not go well together. Even Kubiak does not trust him...we ran our first legit 2 minute drill today. Kubiak is forced to treat Carr like a highschool QB because mentally that is about where he is at this point.
That is just your perception of that situation. Coach has alot more patience than you are showing at this point.
Old 11-26-2006   #22
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr has improved, there is no doubt in my mind. I saw some things today that made me think we have gotten a hint of this in the last three games. He also continued to do things that do not help us, such as always finding the WR who is under the line to gain.

What really irks me is that the net improvement from Carr should bolster the offense's production, but there is no incremental growth. This ain't the Kubiak QB coaching school. This is a job, we expect results.
Old 11-26-2006   #23
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Carr has improved, there is no doubt in my mind. I saw some things today that made me think we have gotten a hint of this in the last three games. He also continued to do things that do not help us, such as always finding the WR who is under the line to gain.

What really irks me is that the net improvement from Carr should bolster the offense's production, but there is no incremental growth. This ain't the Kubiak QB coaching school this is a job, we expect results.
You are soooooooo right..... but you can only do so much with what you have and key injuries thrown in have set us back. This has been the best draft we have known so far...if nothing else is gained this year at least our QB will have valuable BASIC skills lol taught from a real coach.
Old 11-26-2006   #24
kenneth24
Veteran

Old 11-26-2006   #25
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of you know I have had Carr's back for years now...
Old 11-26-2006   #26
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Exactly. We have Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson dropping passes. It takes two to get a receiving TD, or a reception at all, for that matter. It is common sense, but some people just don't get it.
Because Andre drops a pass every game its his fault? I suppose everybodies play would have to be perfect for you to judge Carr's play.

Some of us do not need things to be so black and white.

Loyalty can sometimes be stupidity.
Old 11-26-2006   #27
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr has improved quite a bit this year, I just wish he had brought the rest of the team with him on his journy of improvement. Particularly the run game and O-line.

De Oppresso Liber
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #28
wrestler4life
Veteran

I support Carr. I think taht after all he has gone through, this is his first year in a new offense with an actual QB coach. He has made big strides. I would like to see him go downfield more, but he has improved.
Old 11-26-2006   #29
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
That is just your perception of that situation. Coach has alot more patience than you are showing at this point.
That kind of patience can get you fired. You act as if because Kubiak said he thinks Carr can be successful, its over, we wont see another QB under Kubiak. Ehhh, wrong. Kubiak accesses what he has and goes from there...you think he would say "Carr is not very good, but HEY, we'll give him a shot!". Obviously not. Your obviously blinded by something if you cannot see that Carr struggles EVERY SINGLE GAME.
Old 11-26-2006   #30
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Because Andre drops a pass every game its his fault? I suppose everybodies play would have to be perfect for you to judge Carr's play.

Some of us do not need things to be so black and white.

Loyalty can sometimes be stupidity.
hi...lol not perfect just everyone on the same page Carr screws up alot but like i have said before TEAM GAME!!!!
Old 11-26-2006   #31
ib4texans
Veteran

When our defense can catch an interception,create pressure on the passer consistantly,create turnovers.

When our offensive lin can run block,give pass protection for more than a 3 sec drop.

When our WR,TE,RB can get a handle on a ball that hits them in the hands,chest,or stomach.

When our running game does not perform as it did with Dallas,New Yor Jets,etc.

Until then I will give David Carr the benifit,when he has over 200 or 300 yards with only 2 interception in the last 3 games. No fumbles in the last 4 games.
His turnovers are down his competitive drive is up (he was fired up at Dre at the end of the 1st half).

If the deficancies above could be remedied,well then we would only be dealing with learning a new offense. Until then if you say anything about the Texans "SUCKS" shame on you!
Old 11-26-2006   #32
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
hi...lol not perfect just everyone on the same page Carr screws up alot but like i have said before TEAM GAME!!!!
Are you serious??? "Carr screws up alot but like i said before TEAM GAME" WTH? You've got Carr's back yet you say he screws up alot. What the hell do you like him for then, his looks? His throwing motion? Seriously...???

About the TEAM GAME. It's hard for a TEAM to do well when the only player that has the ball every offensive down "screws up alot".

Absolutely rediculous your train of thought. Its annoying when you watch your team suck ass all day and then come to the forums where fans are doing the same.
Old 11-26-2006   #33
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Carr is the greatest
Old 11-26-2006   #34
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
That kind of patience can get you fired. You act as if because Kubiak said he thinks Carr can be successful, its over, we wont see another QB under Kubiak. Ehhh, wrong. Kubiak accesses what he has and goes from there...you think he would say "Carr is not very good, but HEY, we'll give him a shot!". Obviously not. Your obviously blinded by something if you cannot see that Carr struggles EVERY SINGLE GAME.
he has said carr can be successful many times before lol!!! and guess what? if kubiak says carrs time is done then i will accept it and move on. As for being blinded lol if you give a talented QB like carr a DECENT LINE which involves a DECENT running game he will succeed DC hasnt had both at the same time yet in his career. Any qb would struggle with what he has had to deal with in his time with the texans.
Old 11-26-2006   #35
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
Until then I will give David Carr the benifit,when he has over 200 or 300 yards with only 2 interception in the last 3 games. No fumbles in the last 4 games.
His turnovers are down his competitive drive is up (he was fired up at Dre at the end of the 1st half).
Dude he threw the ball 54!!!! times today. 54 times!! I hope he has 300 yards throwing the ball 54 times.

He has one of the best receivers in the league...an up and coming rookie TE...and a 3-time probowler and he only has 10 TDs. 10. TEN. That's horrible. He has 1 TD in the last 3 games. Are you saying you will take a drop in INTs if the TDs drop also?? Because that is what David Carr is providing at this point. Today he threw his first TD of NOVEMBER. He only threw 3 in October. He threw 6 in September. He is getting worse and worse in the TD department as the season goes by. Don't give me this TEAM GAME crap...this offense is capable of scoring a hell of a lot more TDs through the air then 10 in 11 games. Not even a TD a game.

Let's take off the pretty boy goggles for a minute and put our football sunglasses on. Please.

P.S. and yes he did fumble...he fumbled in the Bills game.
Old 11-26-2006   #36
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Just extrapolating, I am guessing the back view of Carr is attractive and worthy of being gotted and whatnot.

We are both married, so that's right out nor is it something I am covetous of.

Marginal attempt at humor.

2 running backs. 11 attempts for 15 yards. That is a hard thing to wrap your brain around. Really, that is totally vomity. Carr's play wasn't as bad as the critics say or as good as the stats might lie, but it wasn't a pile of stinky festering goo like the running game.
Old 11-26-2006   #37
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Any qb would struggle with what he has had to deal with in his time with the texans.
I've been hearing this for 4 years now...is this all you have to hang on too? He wasn't even pressured that bad today...he just flat out did not preform like many games this season...Carr has 1 good game and 4 bad ones and he is a talented QB? Ok, Ill give you that but talented does not equal successful.
Old 11-26-2006   #38
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Are you serious??? "Carr screws up alot but like i said before TEAM GAME" WTH? You've got Carr's back yet you say he screws up alot. What the hell do you like him for then, his looks? His throwing motion? Seriously...???

About the TEAM GAME. It's hard for a TEAM to do well when the only player that has the ball every offensive down "screws up alot".

Absolutely rediculous your train of thought. Its annoying when you watch your team suck ass all day and then come to the forums where fans are doing the same.
thank you!!!! the protection breaks down carr is hit or makes a bad decision...carrs fault???? no the o line!!!!! he has to be given a chance to make a play and that is not possible when your getting pounded and pressured and yes he screws up alot HOLD ON TO THE FOOTBALL those turnovers are his fault but protection other guys fumbles, and dropped balls are NOT! TEAM GAME!!!! Get it straight i have carrs back but im not blind to when he screws up... but i also know when the heat and blame should and should not be all on him.
Old 11-26-2006   #39
K.D.
Veteran

Count me in. Carr is going to get better as uor team as a whole gets better, coaches included. The playbook is not even 50% used because Kubiak knows this team is not where they need to be, this is so obvious. A couple more off-seasons with Kubiak and we are going to be a legit NFL team, as is Carr.

Of course the HATERS are going to say they can't wait, it's time for Carr to go, but these are the fools who watch the Texans and get ants in their pants to say Carr is the problem.These fans look at one individual and base their whole perception of the TEAM on 1 guy. BRILLIANT
Old 11-26-2006   #40
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
I've been hearing this for 4 years now...is this all you have to hang on too? He wasn't even pressured that bad today...he just flat out did not preform like many games this season...Carr has 1 good game and 4 bad ones and he is a talented QB? Ok, Ill give you that but talented does not equal successful.
exactly!!!! all the parts of a complete offense equals success can you honestly say carr has everything he needs to succeed now????
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read