Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006   #1
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Official "I got Carr's back" thread

To counter the negative one that is also on this so called Texans fans message board.

Carr does not suck.
Old 11-26-2006   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Official "I got Carr's back" thread

beer
Old 11-26-2006   #3
Dubya
All Pro

I got Carr's back. Not trying to be a homer or anything, but hey... I think he's a fine quarterback now and with a little more help on the OL he can be better.
Old 11-26-2006   #4
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Signed. He's demonstrated sufficient improvement to this point.
Old 11-26-2006   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I support David and always will, unless he starts talking smack like Jeremy Shockey or something.
Old 11-26-2006   #6
wicked_wayz
all blacks

count me in, david carr all the way
Old 11-26-2006   #7
texflex513
All Pro

Actually my lats are pretty swole up so my back is bigger than carr's lol. Carr is the best!!!!
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #8
AtheGreat
Veteran

I'm with yall, he's earned my respect by showing a lot of improvment this year. I think once he gets a year of Kubes system under his belt, he'll be even better. It might just be the in me, but i'm sticking with him.
Old 11-26-2006   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is about time to face facts here people...how much more do you need to see? Sufficient Improvement? In what area of football...not being sacked? Carr is the best?? C'mon...let's step back and realize that getting a new quarterback does not put us back "2-3 more years", that David Carr does not HAVE to be our QB.
Old 11-26-2006   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in. Carr is not perfect, but he does well, and can do even better. What happened to the people giving him a year to prove what he has in this new offense?
Old 11-26-2006   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I'm in. Carr is not perfect, but he does well, and can do even better. What happened to the people giving him a year to prove what he has in this new offense?
I think it has been proven that he cannot consistantly score touchdowns. You play the game to win...to win you must score. If you cannot score touchdowns you do not win.
Old 11-26-2006   #12
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll support Carr untill he puts on a different Uni, but i wouldnt mind seeing the texans draft a QB late on the first day, and let Kubiak Work with a QB with better mechanics

GO TEXANS
Old 11-26-2006   #13
Scott D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheGreat View Post
I'm with yall, he's earned my respect by showing a lot of improvment this year. I think once he gets a year of Kubes system under his belt, he'll be even better. It might just be the in me, but i'm sticking with him.
Carr is not the only problem. He is improving though and within a year or two may amount to something good.

You hit the nail on the head. I hate to say it but the entire ball club stinks! Flat out stinks. Even if one or a small few stink, the entire team stinks. There was some bad decisions made by just about everybody. I would like to say that the defense played pretty good in the first half but really stunk in the second. I'm no football expert, but I know that they failed to show up in the second half.

This team needs some serious rebuilding. There are people out there that shouldn't even be playing in the NFL. The only reason that they are there is that those people are the only one's we got. We have to put somebody out there. This game against the Jets, we looked completely lost out there. The Jets had them believing that they were going to have to punt. And they did.
Old 11-26-2006   #14
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I think it is about time to face facts here people...how much more do you need to see? Sufficient Improvement? In what area of football...not being sacked? Carr is the best?? C'mon...let's step back and realize that getting a new quarterback does not put us back "2-3 more years", that David Carr does not HAVE to be our QB.
I will continue to support him until he has a fair shake. Maybe your right BUT i expect kubiak to have this team where he wants it in about 2 seasons. If carr cannot perform with a DECENT LINE and surrounding cast on O by then i will know its time for change but i am willing to wait it out for a few more years. I have confidence in carr. CARR IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2006   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
I will continue to support him until he has a fair shake. Maybe your right I expect kubiak to have this team where he wants it in about 2 seasons. If carr cannot perform with a DECENT LINE and surrounding cast on O by then i will know its time for change but i am willing to wait it out for a few more years. I have confidence in carr. CARR IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!
Confidence in Carr? Two words that do not go well together. Even Kubiak does not trust him...we ran our first legit 2 minute drill today. Kubiak is forced to treat Carr like a highschool QB because mentally that is about where he is at this point.
Old 11-26-2006   #16
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I think it has been proven that he cannot consistantly score touchdowns. You play the game to win...to win you must score. If you cannot score touchdowns you do not win.
Scoring td's is not on the qb alone! its a team sport the other guys have to be held accountable for their jobs also it just so happens the QB takes undeserved heat for it alot of times.
Old 11-26-2006   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
Scoring td's is not on the qb alone! its a team sport the other guys have to be held accountable for their jobs also it just so happens the QB takes undeserved heat for it alot of times.
Exactly. We have Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson dropping passes. It takes two to get a receiving TD, or a reception at all, for that matter. It is common sense, but some people just don't get it.
Old 11-26-2006   #18
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in.

I'll admit that Carr has been frustrating lately. But he's played decently lately and he's moved to a complicated system that generally takes 2-3 years to become proficient in.

He's done nothing to deserve being run out of town yet.
Old 11-26-2006   #19
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
The only way we can win is when the whole team shows up. Jets played a good game. And our team ( coaching included ) didn't. Makes for a long week for the fans.
Darn right!
Old 11-26-2006   #20
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

i think we could do better than carr, but something that cannot be replaced is carr's swagger. i love how he did the jump shot to the NY fans against the giants. that was pretty slick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read