Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Why did the Texans lose today?
Carr relied to heavily on short routes 8 23.53%
Carr could not pick up the blitz 2 5.88%
Lundy/Gado could not run the ball 8 23.53%
The offensive line played poorly 3 8.82%
The secondary got picked apart 1 2.94%
Front seven failed to pressure Pennington 1 2.94%
Stanley gave us bad field position 0 0%
Coaching staff's bad play calling 5 14.71%
Other 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2006   #1
grnydrowave
Rookie

Default Why did the Texans lose today?

If other, please specify.
grnydrowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP
Default Re: Why did the Texans lose today?

Because
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
K.D.
Veteran

I Checked Them All, Nobody Did Squat Today And It's Just Amazing For So Many Posters To Focus On One Guy. brilliant
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #4
grnydrowave
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
I Checked Them All, Nobody Did Squat Today And It's Just Amazing For So Many Posters To Focus On One Guy. brilliant
They aren't checkboxes, just pick one please. All of the above falls under the 'other' category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton View Post
Because
Brilliant deduction!
Old 11-26-2006   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with other because I felt like the biggest problem was a combination of the two choices "Lundy/Gado could not run the ball" and "The offensive line played poorly".

Despite all the raging going on in here I can't pin this one completely on the QB, the line, or any one player/group. I thought the D played a good game until the second half when they seemed to just crater. I can't say a blame them since the offense wasn't giving them any help.
Old 11-26-2006   #6
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I could say it was play-calling, but seeing as this is a continuing thing with our team I have to think it has more to do with scheme than simply play calling. I mean things like the fullback's effectiveness. Cook hasn't been a big factor, matter of fact I would like to see Owens get a shot back there because when he motions out he remains a receiving threat. When Cook motions out there other teams don't really need to adjust because he simply isn't a threat to them. Matter of fact they're probably licking their chops when he get's out there. Also I'm still not seeing the ZBS utilized that often alot of our plays are coming off draws and up the middle. Also there has to be something wrong with our game planning, because our receivers are just not getting open.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #7
grnydrowave
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I went with other because I felt like the biggest problem was a combination of the two choices "Lundy/Gado could not run the ball" and "The offensive line played poorly".

Despite all the raging going on in here I can't pin this one completely on the QB, the line, or any one player/group. I thought the D played a good game until the second half when they seemed to just crater. I can't say a blame them since the offense wasn't giving them any help.
I'm not voting, but I would go with the offensive line. I'm no expert, but it doesn't seem fair to judge the QB or the backs the way the line is performing. The RBs have nowhere to go and Carr doesn't have any time. It makes the offense suffer as a whole, which in turn makes the defense suffer because they stay on the field longer with bad field position.

I don't think this team is ever going to be competitive until the line is addressed, and until then I don't know what to think of Carr and the rest of the team.
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #8
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnydrowave View Post
If other, please specify.
because we suck. no offense, but we do.
Old 11-26-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

scored less points than them?

made another QB look HOF material?

seriously..

not being able to run the ball hurt and when we had the plays to make , we didn't ..

some key plays on scoring drives
AJ dropped a pass that potentially could have given us 3 points before halftime.. D-rob had 2 hands on an interseption and dropped it, gave the Jets 3 points. Faggins weak P.I. call led to a field goal.

not playing the blame game just stating, but good teams make the plays
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Other: They don't not have the overall talent and skill of the Jets.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
exactly. i ended up choosing offensive line.
Old 11-26-2006   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Why did the Texans lose today?

I'm tired of Carr throwing to the line of scrimmage OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Hell, if our OL and/or WR's suck that bad, we should just quit.

If it's Carr's fault for checking down, then we need a new QB.

Also pathetic at the end of the game. Why run 4 WR sets if we're going to throw the ball 1 yard?!?!

Truly, truly pathetic and made me angry watching the game. Nothing like throwing 1-2 yards inside the down markers!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #13
Scott D
Veteran

I chose other. Why? It's a combination of all of the above.
Scott D is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read