Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2006   #1
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

Default What can we get for Carr?

I think some team will be dumb enough to overpay for Carr like Oakland or Detroit. I think we can get a low first rd pick for Carr, if not a low 1st definately a 2nd rd pick. This guy has to go! However, I dont believe we should bench Carr it will only hurt his trade value. Let him keep piling up his completion % stats and piling up the blow out 4th qtr stats.
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: What can we get for Carr?

i think it would be very possible for us to get a 4th or 5th rounder if david agrees to redo he's contract to the league minimum.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you "should not be GM" because there's no way on earth that anyone is going to give a wooden nickle for David Carr right now. Yes I could see Oakland having an interest in him. I think there are quite a few teams that would like to see if they can salvage something here. I don't think most of them would give anything more than a day two pick for him at best.
Old 11-26-2006   #4
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

son, quarterbacks always have higher value than other positions. aj feeley got traded for a 2nd rounder, daunte culpepper with a bum knee went for a 2nd rounder. Carr has all the physical tools, there's always some organization out there willing to overpay for a qb with tools
Old 11-26-2006   #5
touttail
All Pro

What can you get???? Who the hell wants a loser!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #6
Meisterman
Veteran

Trading in a Yugo won't get you much. Casserly didn't show McNair the blue book value before the 3 year extension. Of course...now Casserly is a stiff crash dummy on CBS.
Old 11-26-2006   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade Carr for Michael Vick.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #8
DeclanJr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think you "should not be GM" because there's no way on earth that anyone is going to give a wooden nickle for David Carr right now. Yes I could see Oakland having an interest in him. I think there are quite a few teams that would like to see if they can salvage something here. I don't think most of them would give anything more than a day two pick for him at best.
A wooden nickel...that's pretty funny!
DeclanJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #9
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Since Carr is pilling up some good stats, and with Harrington playing well in Miami I can see another team trying to take a gamble on Carr. I wouldn't be surprised if we could get a 3rd round pick for him.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #10
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

A Case of beer and some season passes to Schlitterbahn.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #11
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

ill gladly take those passes to schlitterbahn and the beer....id take that deal in a heartbeat!
Old 11-26-2006   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshouldbeGM View Post
son, quarterbacks always have higher value than other positions. aj feeley got traded for a 2nd rounder, daunte culpepper with a bum knee went for a 2nd rounder. Carr has all the physical tools, there's always some organization out there willing to overpay for a qb with tools

What did Detroit get for Joey Harrington? Just curious because if you're going to start comparing QB's then you should at least compare David Carr to someone who's career mirrors his own. Nobody is going to confuse David Carr with Daunte Culpepper (bum knee or not) and the only reason Feeley was "worth" anything was because of the limited amount of film on him as a starter. When your second string QB gets a small amount of playing time but looks brilliant while doing it he might as well have won the lottery because there's always someone out there willing to take a shot at what appears to be a promising QB that somehow got overlooked. Again nobody is in danger of confusing David Carr with one of those.

Might get a late day one pick. Maybe. If someones GM is on crack that morning. Or it's Matt Millen. Maybe.
Old 11-26-2006   #13
mefool3030
Rookie

They might want to trade Carr for Michael Vick. That would be greeeeaaattt.
Oh wait did I say Michael, I meant Marcus.
mefool3030 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read