Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-26-2006   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Who to watch for next year

Im done with the Texans (still a fan...see my feeling in the stomach post)

In any case, give me 3 names for each position to watch in the coming games and months before the draft.

DT

CB

Safety

RB

OLB

Last edited by Goldeagle; 11-26-2006 at 03:31 PM. Reason: forgot to add OLB
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
DeclanJr
Rookie

Default Re: Who to watch for next year

Good post considering the play we saw today! If you go through some of the threads, you will find some of the answers. Landry and Merriwether are the guys mentioned most often at the FS position. There is still some college football left to be played this season, but I'm also interested to hear what some of our more knowledgable fans think.
DeclanJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Yeah, I want to see who people are watching, im not into college football that much so I need some help here. I believe there is a pretty good safety at USC, wht is his name?
Old 11-26-2006   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Yeah, I want to see who people are watching, im not into college football that much so I need some help here. I believe there is a pretty good safety at USC, wht is his name?
USC has a good CB named Terrell Thomas.

I dont know about their safeties.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

USC had a safety that was really good ... I think he's just a freshman from Seattle . Mark that name down if you find it .
Old 11-26-2006   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
USC had a safety that was really good ... I think he's just a freshman from Seattle . Mark that name down if you find it .
Oh yea.

I think his last name was Mays. I'm not sure about a first name tho.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #7
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

I kinda heard that in passing (a good Safety on USC), I had the game on just not really watching it. Im not sure on Merriwether coming from the U, dont want any punks on the team.

Im just curious who is the best in those positions. Be nice to add the best CB/S and get an OLB to help Demeco. Looks like we need depth at DL and a Running back (ok I am an Adrian Peterson mark) would be nice.
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Taylor Mays, Ht: 6-foot-3 Wt: 218 lbs Forty: 4.59 secs Bench reps: 21 Vertical: 31 inches Shuttle: 4.33 secs GPA: 3.52

Eligible for the NFL Draft in 2009.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Im done with the Texans (still a fan...see my feeling in the stomach post)

In any case, give me 3 names for each position to watch in the coming games and months before the draft.

DT

CB

Safety

RB

OLB
DT:
Quinn Pitcock- Ohio State
Amobi Okoye- Louisville (19yo senior)
Justin Harrell- Tennessee

CB:
Leon Hall- Michigan
Darrelle Revis- Pittsburgh
Daymeion Hughes- California

S:
LaRon Landry- LSU
Michael Griffin- Texas
Brandon Meriweather- Miami

LB:
Patrick Willis- Ole Miss
Earl Everett- Florida
Paul Posluszny- Penn State

RB:
Adrian Peterson- Oklahoma
Marshawn Lynch- California
Kenny Irons- Auburn
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Goldeagle;510944]

DT - Okam, Pitcock, Dorsey, the guy from Michigan

CB - Revis, Cason, Hall, McCauley

Safety - Nelson, Merriwether, Landry, Griffin

RB - Peterson, Lynch, Darby, Irons, M. Bush

OLB - Plouz, Connor, Blades, B. Davis, R. Alexander

Hope this brief list helps you out.
Old 11-27-2006   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post

DT - Okam, Pitcock, Dorsey, the guy from Michigan

CB - Revis, Cason, Hall, McCauley

Safety - Nelson, Merriwether, Landry, Griffin

RB - Peterson, Lynch, Darby, Irons, M. Bush

OLB - Plouz, Connor, Blades, B. Davis, R. Alexander

Hope this brief list helps you out.
YTF has got alot of great names on there. A few more:

Daymeion Hughes from Cal, CB. John Wendling from Wyoming, Safety. Mike Hart, RB Michigan. Tony Taylor from Georgia, OLB.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
YTF has got alot of great names on there. A few more:

Daymeion Hughes from Cal, CB. John Wendling from Wyoming, Safety. Mike Hart, RB Michigan. Tony Taylor from Georgia, OLB.
How could I forget Hughes?

Hart is a second day selection.

I don't know much about Taylor's game, scouting report?
Old 11-27-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

boy, hughes looked awful against USC. i'm starting to rethink my opinion on him.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #14
real

Would't be the most attractive choice but.... if I were the Texans, at this point, I wouldn't rule out taking a shot at Troy Smith in the second round...

But as of right now Im liking Landry in the first...
Old 11-27-2006   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

boy i sure hope troy smith falls to the 2nd. and if he does, i hope saban pulls the trigger and moves up to get him.
Old 11-27-2006   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
boy i sure hope troy smith falls to the 2nd. and if he does, i hope saban pulls the trigger and moves up to get him.
Six foot is six foot, and there's no getting around that 500 pound gorilla. I don't mind you guys taking the guy, but he's going to be on the board long after day two starts. 2nd is way to high for him.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

yeah, just like with drew brees.

he'll be a first rounder when it's all said and done. he has a national championship, senior bowl, individual workouts and combine to prove he's worthy.
Old 11-27-2006   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Betcha a coke ? No GM is gooing to put first round money into a six foot QB. It just won't happen.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

i'm never willing to bet anything on the stupidity of NFL GM's.
Old 11-27-2006   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love Troy Smith...would take him in the 2nd for sure.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read