Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2006   #1
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default McNair's Time Table for Kubiak?

Wondering if McNair gave Kubiak a several year time table to show notable improvement for this team.

I am starting to feel that Kubiak doesn't care if we win or not (at times I think he wants to lose). Think he realizes this team needs more talent, so the worse we do now, the better we do in the draft with a higher pick or the ability to trade down and get more selections.

I know how this may sound to some, but I think there has to be a reason why it seems that we don't ever push the defense with a deep ball, or ever run (or attempt to run) a real 2 minute offense. Defense doesn't seem to be as agressive as earlier this season.

What do you think?
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
tex
Veteran

Default Re: McNair's Time Table for Kubiak?

Well Kubiak is DC's coach so if you run off one why not the other?
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
DeclanJr
Rookie

Nice thread. I don't know about a timetable for Kubiak. I think that he has structured our offense around the talent we have at quarterback. Honestly, in my opinion, our offensive line limits what we can do on offense. Have to agree with the other poster though, Carr is on the hotseat. Kubiak is safe for now.
DeclanJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #4
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Wondering if McNair gave Kubiak a several year time table to show notable improvement for this team.

I am starting to feel that Kubiak doesn't care if we win or not (at times I think he wants to lose). Think he realizes this team needs more talent, so the worse we do now, the better we do in the draft with a higher pick or the ability to trade down and get more selections.

I know how this may sound to some, but I think there has to be a reason why it seems that we don't ever push the defense with a deep ball, or ever run (or attempt to run) a real 2 minute offense. Defense doesn't seem to be as agressive as earlier this season.

What do you think?

Every coach cares if they lose. Because if they do, they're not coach anymore...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll tell you something, I believe that there is a grain of truth in what you're saying. I don't think that Gary Kubiak is trying to get this entire ship "righted" before the end of the 2006 season with the players and coaches he has right now. I think he understands that this is going to take a couple of drafts and that some of his assistants may not work out. I don't feel like he's guiding this team with any kind of fear for his job or even much concern for the consequences of losing. I can see he doesn't enjoy it (losing) and I don't doubt for a moment that he's trying to win. What I'm saying is that he clearly isn't surprised when we come up short and he looks/acts like he knows that Bob McNair won't be surprised either.

Give him two more years and you won't be seeing this. If we still look like the 2006 Texans two years from now then I bet he acts completely different.
Old 11-26-2006   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketAces View Post
I think you are blind, Carr is the one who needs a timetable, hell his time has run out
We are all upset about today's lose. Some of us vent our frustrations on this board, others take their frustrations out on other posters.

Well I hope it made you feel better.
Old 11-26-2006   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Well Kubiak is DC's coach so if you run off one why not the other?
Wrong it was Mcnair's decision to keep Carr, in the interview for a head coach, getting the job was solely based on this.....People need to get off of Kubiak, this team is coming off a 2-14 year. I always give a coach enough time for "HIS" ROOKIES AND DRAFT CLASS (BTW how are those Rookies doing) to become 3 year players, this isn't Kubiak's team............allow it to be....before you throw him under the bus
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanJr View Post
Nice thread. I don't know about a timetable for Kubiak. I think that he has structured our offense around the talent we have at quarterback. Honestly, in my opinion, our offensive line limits what we can do on offense. Have to agree with the other poster though, Carr is on the hotseat. Kubiak is safe for now.
I think Kubiak is safe also, but I wonder sometimes if his play calling to win the game, or just to get something taught or accomplished.
Old 11-26-2006   #9
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'll tell you something, I believe that there is a grain of truth in what you're saying. I don't think that Gary Kubiak is trying to get this entire ship "righted" before the end of the 2006 season with the players and coaches he has right now. I think he understands that this is going to take a couple of drafts and that some of his assistants may not work out. I don't feel like he's guiding this team with any kind of fear for his job or even much concern for the consequences of losing. I can see he doesn't enjoy it (losing) and I don't doubt for a moment that he's trying to win. What I'm saying is that he clearly isn't surprised when we come up short and he looks/acts like he knows that Bob McNair won't be surprised either.

Give him two more years and you won't be seeing this. If we still look like the 2006 Texans two years from now then I bet he acts completely different.
Agreed, don't think he is trying to lose, or not win. Do think he has a plan for the future, and if we win this year it is gravy, if not just a better pick.
Old 11-26-2006   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna try to avoid the Carr threads because the bigger picture is more frightening . What happens if we lose to the Raiders ? If we lose to the Titans at home that'll be devastating for the Texans franchise ( Titans jersey like hotcakes for Christmas ) .

This draft is not as good as last years ... we will not get our bang for the buck . I like Kubiak but he has some tough decisions to make . I guess so does Mcnair and the Cowboys surging does'nt help none .
Old 11-26-2006   #11
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Finally! Someone that can see through the roller coaster of emotions running rampant through this board. Good post.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What happens if we lose to the Raiders ? If we lose to the Titans at home that'll be devastating for the Texans franchise
That's not the big game.
If posters are in a crappy mood this afternoon, it'll be tenfold that if Vince
Young and his teammates beat the Texans in Reliant next month. A loss
to the Titans will put them in a savage mood,and be McNairs worst nightmare.
Actually, if we can beat the Titans and Browns at Relaint in Dec, IMO most people will get over this afternoon and the other disappointing
Sunday afternoons this Fall.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #13
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Look it took Bill parcell 4 years to get the team headed in the right direction and it will also take Gary Kubiak about same time period to get this team headed in the right direction. We lack talent big time on this ball club and it will take few years to fill all the holes.

We simply have too many holes right now, on defense we need - 2 DT, 2 OLB, 1 CB, 1 FS

on offense I don't know how spencer will come back from injury but we need to solidify the OL. possible needs may be - LT, OC, RB, WR. Flannagan has done a good job for us but he is getting up in age and injury is a concern with him. I would not mind if we were to draft OC this year or next while Flannagan is still playing to groom him.

Give David Carr one more year under Kubiak and see how he performs before deciding on his fate in 2007 or 2008. Also draft Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch and see how David Carr performs with franchise running back.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read