Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2006   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr is done in Houston

This is not a Carr hate thread, I supported Carr for 5 years, I hope he moves on somewhere else, but its time to move on in Houston.

This is a talented team.......let me say that again........this team has talent, we held the Jets to feild goal and were wore down late.......same story different week. Its time for a change, Sage can play and the results will be the same.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-26-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251514 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr is done in Houston

I agree with you. The reason is no longer important in my opinion. It's just time.
Old 11-26-2006   #3
AustinTexansFan
Rookie

Man do I AGREE!!!!!!!!
AustinTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear Oakland needs a QB. Send David back home.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #5
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I was saying this same thing a couple of seasons ago.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #6
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
This is not a Carr hate thread, I supported Carr for 5 years, I hope he moves on somewhere else, but its time to move on in Houston.

This is a talented team.......let me say that again........this team has talent, he held the Jets to feild goal and were wore down late.......same story different week. Its time for a change, Sage can play and the results will be the same.
This is not a talented team. Not close. We're a very long way from winning, whether it's with Carr or another QB. It doesn't really matter.
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #7
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

i think carr gets more credit than he deserves bc of his high completion %. that is the most overrated stat on carr's line. how many TD passes does he have? not enough for the amount of completions he has. carr has old habits that havent been broken yet. he locks in on AJ, and if he isnt initially open, then he dumps to the RB. when sage was put in the game vs tennessee....he had no problem finding his WR's and the threw downfield and had 3 td passes in one half. our 2-minute offense is slow and inefficient. i dont really think lundy is the answer, but the run game would be better if we could spread the ball more and stretch the defense down the field. alll the dinks and screens just keep the offense compacted and therefore, its harder to run.
Old 11-26-2006   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDavis View Post
This is not a talented team. Not close. We're a very long way from winning, whether it's with Carr or another QB. It doesn't really matter.
Dude this is a talented team, we are no different from the 2004 Chargers just need better QB play and a RB.

This team has talent
Old 11-26-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude this is a talented team, we are no different from the 2004 Chargers just need better QB play and a RB.

This team has talent
A big difference there is that Brees had to save his job from a rookie. Kubiak has told the media that Carr is the QB. Carr doesn't have to worry about being benched, or at least not losing his job.
Old 11-26-2006   #10
Osso
Veteran

Carr will not improve any more with the last 5 games to play.....Put in sage and see what he can do.

Please.

If he does well than carr know he better learn how to be a better qb before preseason starts.
Old 11-26-2006   #11
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Don't know what's going on anymore. He's great at the underneath stuff, but we are getting absolutely nothing down the field. Maybe it's all playcalling, maybe it's him being gunshy and not wanting to turn the ball over. I have no clue anymore, the guy puts up a ridiculous QB rating and we can't score. I like the fire Sage showed on that tackle. Until this year I was pretty sold on Carr being no good, he's shown some flashes to and the ability to stay upright, but neither the W-L nor the offensive production has improved.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #12
Mr.Scarface
Rookie

Rep Power: 1715 Mr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
A big difference there is that Brees had to save his job from a rookie. Kubiak has told the media that Carr is the QB. Carr doesn't have to worry about being benched, or at least not losing his job.
No...the difference is Brees HAD LT. Some are u are just *****s.
Mr.Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Carr needs to go. We need to get rid of that freaking bum.

Carr, you need to take your pretty boy image, your gravy training father, and your 'aww shucks' smile and get the hell out of our city. You are a bum, a stat farmer, and a COMPLETE LOSER.

I have held my tongue long enough. The guy needs to go and now.

Sage better be starting next game or I wouldn't be surprised if the team (as well as most realistic fans) mutiny against this TOTAL EMBARASSMENT that is the Texans.

Carr, you suck.

Doug From The Woodlands
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface View Post
No...the difference is Brees HAD LT. Some are u are just *****s.
That too. LT wasn't the one that threw all those passes though.
Old 11-26-2006   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Carr needs to go. We need to get rid of that freaking bum.

Carr, you need to take your pretty boy image, your gravy training father, and your 'aww shucks' smile and get the hell out of our city. You are a bum, a stat farmer, and a COMPLETE LOSER.

I have held my tongue long enough. The guy needs to go and now.

Sage better be starting next game or I wouldn't be surprised if the team (as well as most realistic fans) mutiny against this TOTAL EMBARASSMENT that is the Texans.

Carr, you suck.

Doug From The Woodlands
This is what I don't like, Carr is not the answer at QB, but he is a good person and has stuck it out through 5 horrible years.......I honestly wish him the best.....honestly, he has good values and a good family. Seperate football from real life.

Do the Texans need to move on...yes
Do we need to trash Carr as a person..No

He failed....everybody has failed at one time.
Old 11-26-2006   #16
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is a talented team.......let me say that again........this team has talent, we held the Jets to feild goal and were wore down late.......same story different week. Its time for a change, Sage can play and the results will be the same.

What talent do you see out there? We have one playmaker on offense and a couple of rising star players on defense. Other than that, we simply stink. Not saying whether Carr needs to stay or go, but until we have a solid offensive line, more offensive playmakers, and a secondary that can cover someone, it won't matter who is taking snaps...
Old 11-26-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

nice Carr bomb.. I agree with that, I think people forget that friends and family (from all ages) come on this board.. and the personal attacks IMO are unwarrented

have to take a rain check on the rep until it gets spread around again.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
What talent do you see out there? We have one playmaker on offense and a couple of rising star players on defense. Other than that, we simply stink. Not saying whether Carr needs to stay or go, but until we have a solid offensive line, more offensive playmakers, and a secondary that can cover someone, it won't matter who is taking snaps...
I'll say this, besides the injuries on the OL, this is easily the best talent we have accumulated on offense at the skill positions.

AJ,Moulds,Walter,Putzier,Daniels,Gado,Lundy,Cook and Carr.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #19
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

This is a talented team at the SKILL POSITIONS. This is one of the worst teams I've ever seen up front. There's not a quarterback in this league that could take this team to the playoffs - or even a winning record - until there's better protection and a running game, and that starts with the 5 guys up front.
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #20
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Maybe Texans are shooting for the top of the Ping Pong ball. Not a bad strategy all we need to do is loose our next 5 games and I am sure we will in contention for the top pick again.

It is just so frustrating being a Texans fans these days with the bone headed play. In the first half defense played very well but our offense simply let us down again. I am sure this must of had a bad effect on the defense in the second half. In ability to move the chains.

For all the stats lovers: Carr was able to pad up his stats in the last 5 minutes of the game so now his stats will look good to public view and his completion % must have increased as well. This is the way you win ball games.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read