Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-26-2006   #1
cred
Rookie

Default CB for 1st pick in upcoming draft

We need to get a CB with the 1st pick in the draft, no matter where we pick. I am past tired of Faggins getting burned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 467 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: CB for 1st pick in upcoming draft

The draft should go:

1st round: CB/FS
2nd round: CB/FS
3rd round: O-lineman
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
ComstockLode
Veteran

We need a cornerback who can also lead an offense.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #4
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComstockLode View Post
We need a cornerback who can also lead an offense.
Sage had a great tackle today. How about a quarterback that can lead a defense?
Old 11-26-2006   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
Sage had a great tackle today. How about a quarterback that can lead a defense?
How about a QB that can lead an offense .
Old 11-26-2006   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

At least faagins could have rushed for more yards than gado and Lundy combined..
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #7
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
At least faagins could have rushed for more yards than gado and Lundy combined..
I think we should just stick carr in the shotgun with 5 wide every play, and he can choose which wideout just ran the best 2 yard route.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComstockLode View Post
I think we should just stick carr in the shotgun with 5 wide every play, and he can choose which wideout just ran the best 2 yard route.
I know you're being sarcastic...but he did that early in the game.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #9
htsone
Rookie

Well, you got the B right. Now replace the C with a Q, and you'll have it spot on. LOL. Look at that azzclown Carr, now that it's junk time. Yep, those'll look good on those stats!!!

hts
htsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #10
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
NO how about a QB!!!! Then a RB!!!! Then a CB!!!

lol, I agree....we do need help in our secondary, but when you have a high draft pick you need to draft a high impact player.....if we were a CB away from a superbowl, then I could understand, but this team needs help on the offensive side of the ball desperately.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #11
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'd like to see some serious secondary help.

Two new safeties and a opp. CB. I'm ok with a big turnover. Make those that are there now depth but get me some new starters.
Old 11-26-2006   #12
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cred View Post
We need to get a CB with the 1st pick in the draft, no matter where we pick. I am past tired of Faggins getting burned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here I thought Faggins was the better coverage CB on our team.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

we need some type of DB whether its a free safety or CB i don't care but I'm leaning towards a FS because CC & Earl have been consistently killing us since game 1 of the season with blown coverages & garbage coverage & help defense.

A CB will get burned at least once a game, but when you're running zone the majority of the time your safeties have to be monsters back there & ours obviously aren't. You guys can rag on Faggins but at least he makes plays every now & then. He actually didn't play all that bad today except for the bogus PI call.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #14
DeclanJr
Rookie

What about offensive line help? I agree FS/CB is a need area, but I think our offense could open up more if the quarterback had more time and the running backs had holes to run through. Granted Wali Lundy looked like he was running with his eyes closed today, but I just think OL would improve all our skill positions...
DeclanJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanJr View Post
What about offensive line help? I agree FS/CB is a need area, but I think our offense could open up more if the quarterback had more time and the running backs had holes to run through. Granted Wali Lundy looked like he was running with his eyes closed today, but I just think OL would improve all our skill positions...
We had improvement on the OL until Dayne's Fat $#@ broke his leg.
Old 11-26-2006   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
And here I thought Faggins was the better coverage CB on our team.
i might catch hell for this but i think faggins has looked pretty good since coming back. his problem is that he's slow. when lined up against coles or lee evans (who's faster than everybody but dunta on our defense), faggins looks like he's in molasses on deep routes. our problem is that we dont have a centerfielder. we need a speedy safety that can help out in coverage. cc brown will make good depth behind earl, and simmons can backup our FS or play in dime packages, but we need a ballhawk over the top of them to start at the free safety position.

that, and we need a better passrush.
Old 11-26-2006   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i might catch hell for this but i think faggins has looked pretty good since coming back. his problem is that he's slow. when lined up against coles or lee evans (who's faster than everybody but dunta on our defense), faggins looks like he's in molasses on deep routes. our problem is that we dont have a centerfielder. we need a speedy safety that can help out in coverage. cc brown will make good depth behind earl, and simmons can backup our FS or play in dime packages, but we need a ballhawk over the top of them to start at the free safety position.

that, and we need a better passrush.
Now why can't everyone else see this?
Old 11-26-2006   #18
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

how about we just give tennesse this team and tennesee gives us the titans?
I want my old oilers back, at least they were an exciting team to watch before they became lame duck. i dont care if they blew a 35-3 lead, at least they made it to the playoffs...give me my old team back!!!!!!! damn u bud!!!!!!!!!!!
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #19
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Petey got shoved on that TD pass, but whatever. He made some nice plays today as well. If you are looking to replace a DB then look no further than Glen Earl or CC Brown. Earl will occasionally lay the wood to someone but that's about all he's good for.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshouldbeGM View Post
how about we just give tennesse this team and tennesee gives us the titans?
I want my old oilers back, at least they were an exciting team to watch before they became lame duck. i dont care if they blew a 35-3 lead, at least they made it to the playoffs...give me my old team back!!!!!!! damn u bud!!!!!!!!!!!
why don't you just save us all the tears & go root for the titans, I mean seriously no one's stopping you from supporting your "Old Oilers".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read