Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2006   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Sick of AJ dropping the ball

How many does this guy drop every week? Dropped the quick slant, then drops the deeper pass in the CLUTCH situation.

Wonder if Kubiak will openly comment on his butterfingers?

Then again, Im sure its Carrs fault for putting the pass right in his numbers and hands.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Sick of AJ dropping the ball

Where are the "Trade Johnson" threads? This guy must be wearing tefllon gloves...criticism doesn't stick but neither does the ball
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!

Last edited by FirstTexansFan; 11-26-2006 at 01:47 PM.
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Where are the "Trade Johnson" threads? This guy is must be wearing tefllon gloves...criticism doesn't stick but neither does the ball

LOL
Old 11-26-2006   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not used to a pass that far down the field . In fact it caught him by surprise he thought it was already dumped off . I know it took 3 points of the board cause theres no way in hell Carr was throwing a TD .
Old 11-26-2006   #5
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
He's not used to a pass that far down the field . In fact it caught him by surprise he thought it was already dumped off . I know it took 3 points of the board cause theres no way in hell Carr was throwing a TD .
So true...

You know what else I'm tired of. Carr throwing INTs and short throws on 3rd and long.

Last edited by MrMeToo; 11-26-2006 at 02:12 PM. Reason: To say more.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #6
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Andre and the rest of the receiving corp cant do junk in garbage time. Tired of dropped passes, we could have taken a shot at the end zone or at least had a 50/50 chance of a field goal (you never know with our guys)
Old 11-26-2006   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251514 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved when AJ dropped that ball that hit him "right in the breadbasket" (to quote the announcers). I loved the part where they were shocked that he dropped a pass. They said "you won't see that very often" which was my first clue that they don't see many Texans games. Johnson constantly gets a pass on his "Corey Bradford hands".
Old 11-26-2006   #8
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Andre and the rest of the receiving corp cant do junk in garbage time. Tired of dropped passes, we could have taken a shot at the end zone or at least had a 50/50 chance of a field goal (you never know with our guys)
^^^AJ HATER...
Old 11-26-2006   #9
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
^^^AJ HATER...

you mean carr apologist
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #10
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I loved when AJ dropped that ball that hit him "right in the breadbasket" (to quote the announcers). I loved the part where they were shocked that he dropped a pass. They said "you won't see that very often" which was my first clue that they don't see many Texans games. Johnson constantly gets a pass on his "Corey Bradford hands".
LOL, my friend and I found that funny as well, but when you are the worse team in the league you get the worse announcers, and BOY were they bad.

AJ gets a pass, he needs the HEAT brought down on him like CARR gets from the coaching staff.
Old 11-26-2006   #11
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
you mean carr apologist
LOL.
Old 11-26-2006   #12
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
you mean carr apologist
Yeah, Carr's passes that hit Andre in the chest or hands, is not AJs fault for dropping them. Osama Bin Carr lubes the ball up before he throws it to AJ.
Old 11-26-2006   #13
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
^^^AJ HATER...
Quote:
Yeah, Carr's passes that hit Andre in the chest or hands, is not AJs fault for dropping them. Osama Bin Carr lubes the ball up before he throws it to AJ.
hell may be i dont really like AJ either but he doesnt suck as much as the david andre is our only pro bowler may be so he cant be that bad.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #14
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
How many does this guy drop every week? Dropped the quick slant, then drops the deeper pass in the CLUTCH situation.

Wonder if Kubiak will openly comment on his butterfingers?

Then again, Im sure its Carrs fault for putting the pass right in his numbers and hands.

Rice and TO were booed in SF for having drops. AJ is a good WR.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #15
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
hell may be i dont really like AJ either but he doesnt suck as much as the david andre is our only pro bowler may be so he cant be that bad.

Never said I hated the guy, thats just your perception of wanting to be negative, its ok, it was a horrible loss.

But as Herv stated, he gets away with having "COREY BRADFORD HANDS"
Old 11-26-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But as Herv stated, he gets away with having "COREY BRADFORD HANDS"
Not really, cause Bradford couldn't catch anything. Easy or difficult catchs,
Bradford managed consistantly - he dropped most of them.
AJ makes a high percentage of tough catchs, really spectacular catchs.
You see that one hander today ?
Its obviously a concentration thing. He anticipates a difficult pass, the effort
gets his undivided attention. Anticipating an easy reception, his mind wanders
to running after the catch and he loses concentration on the incoming ball.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #17
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

you must really be grasping at straws if somehow you think aj is a problem area on this team...
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #18
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

He's not part of the solution so obviously he must be part of the problem. You ever notice how alot of other receivers after they make a spectacular catch it usually starts out with look at the move he uses right here on the LOS or look at the crisp route running. Whatever they usually say. However with Johnson it's never like that. The guy needs to get better. He relies to much on his physical talents. He has all the tools he just isn't elite all the time.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251514 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Not really, cause Bradford couldn't catch anything. Easy or difficult catchs,
Bradford managed consistantly - he dropped most of them.
AJ makes a high percentage of tough catchs, really spectacular catchs.
You see that one hander today ?
Its obviously a concentration thing. He anticipates a difficult pass, the effort
gets his undivided attention. Anticipating an easy reception, his mind wanders
to running after the catch and he loses concentration on the incoming ball.
How can you have over 3,000 posts and actually believe that Corey Bradford couldn't catch anything. You have to know that's bull right? Bradford was the master of the acrobatic catch. He made catches that AJ wishes he could make. The difficult catches were never a problem for Corey Bradford. They were his stock and trade.

Corey couldn't catch the simple passes. He'd catch a 30 yard pass one handed while leaping in the air upside down and come down in stride on one play and then drop one placed right in his hands while he stood still with nobody around him on the next play. He was money if it looked like it might make a highlight reel but useless if you needed a first down to keep a drive alive on 3rd and 8.

That's why I say AJ has Corey Bradford Hands. Not nearly as bad a case of them as Corey had but he still drops the gimmies way too often.
Old 11-26-2006   #20
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
How can you have over 3,000 posts and actually believe that Corey Bradford couldn't catch anything. You have to know that's bull right? Bradford was the master of the acrobatic catch. He made catches that AJ wishes he could make. The difficult catches were never a problem for Corey Bradford. They were his stock and trade.

Corey couldn't catch the simple passes. He'd catch a 30 yard pass one handed while leaping in the air upside down and come down in stride on one play and then drop one placed right in his hands while he stood still with nobody around him on the next play. He was money if it looked like it might make a highlight reel but useless if you needed a first down to keep a drive alive on 3rd and 8.

That's why I say AJ has Corey Bradford Hands. Not nearly as bad a case of them as Corey had but he still drops the gimmies way too often.
So does almost every WR in the league except for maybe 3 or 4

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read