Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2006   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texan's trying to light a fire under Brown & Stanley?

I didn't see this posted anywhere & haven't been able to find it anywhere else, so I'm not sure how true it is. But, it would make sense to do it.

http://nfldraft.scout.com/2/591845.html

Houston Texans - Maybe to light a fire under struggling K Kris Brown, the team worked out free agent Ks Martin Gramatica, Todd France, and E.J. Cochrane on Tuesday.

Gramatica had a few stints with the Indianapolis Colts earlier this season when K Adam Vinatieri was injured. France did a good job last year when he filled in for injured K David Akers with the Philadelphia Eagles. Cochrane was coming against Akers in this past training camp but was waived.

The team also worked out veteran free agent Ps Tom Rouen and Ken Walter this week

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan's trying to light a fire under Brown & Stanley?

I was very happy with Kris Brown for the first couple of years he was here but in the last two I've really started to fear needing a FG to win anything. I just don't have much faith in him anymore. I'd still like to see him get this thing under control and get back to being the kicker who had me thinking we robbed the Steelers when we signed him.
Old 11-25-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

nice, that is one reason I don't buy into the Kubiak is giving Carr a free ride argument..

Kubiak is out to change things.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
nice, that is one reason I don't buy into the Kubiak is giving Carr a free ride argument..

Kubiak is out to change things.
For as much as you get on the so-called "Carr haters" you brought his name up in thread where it was not needed.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #5
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

work them out on sunday! get those 2 other jokers off the field.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #6
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz
Cool Re: Texan's trying to light a fire under Brown & Stanley?

kris brown hasnt been as good this, very dissapointing, but when Gramatica was with the colts he could only kick it to the 20 yard line in the air on kickoffs, come on I can do that.

AndreRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #7
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I was very happy with Kris Brown for the first couple of years he was here but in the last two I've really started to fear needing a FG to win anything. I just don't have much faith in him anymore. I'd still like to see him get this thing under control and get back to being the kicker who had me thinking we robbed the Steelers when we signed him.
You said it Herv. I go to the sportsbar to watch the games and whenever I see us going for a FG i cringe.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2006   #8
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
For as much as you get on the so-called "Carr haters" you brought his name up in thread where it was not needed.
You can't have a thread w/o Carr.
Old 11-26-2006   #9
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it goes to show that having no competition in camp is not a good thing. I cannot recall any other kickers that have ever been brought in during camp to compete for the job of either guy.
Brown has had his moment in the sun, but now it is time to make him earn his starting role. He has missed alot of makeable kicks over the last 2 years. Stanley has shown he can boom them every now and again, and to say he too has been somewhat of a disappointment this season, that is true also. It is just time to have these 2 men compete for thier starting jobs next season, that way the Texans know they have the better guys at the respected position.
If Kubiak makes everyone else compete for the starting job, except Carr, well the kickers need to as well, as they effect the outcome to alot of our games as well.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #10
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe this will have the same effect as benching Carr (sorry... but you did say every thread had to mention Carr).

If not, then I am glad to see Kubiak looking around the league to see who is available.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
Maybe this will have the same effect as benching Carr (sorry... but you did say every thread had to mention Carr).

If not, then I am glad to see Kubiak looking around the league to see who is available.
Definitely. Chadwick is just in a little rut right now, he will bounce out any day now. As far as Kris Brown I don't know. He scares me. I am afraid when he steps back for the PAT.
Old 11-26-2006   #12
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

me too.

have me kick the PAT, I am pretty good.
AndreRulz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read