Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-24-2006   #1
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default YoungTexanFan's first 3 rounds, post yours:

1. Antoine Cason - CB ASU - The most physically gifted CB. He is a playmaker and someone who is excellent when the ball is in the air. Good hands, speed, size, instincts.
Other consideration: Revis from Pitt, Landry from LSU

2. Pitcok - DT OSU - He is an excellent run stuffing DT who is a first round talent but is very likely to be available in the 2nd round. Similar to DeMeco last year in that regard, he just makes things happen.
Other consideration: Kenny Irons RB from Auburn, Michael Bush from Lou, Sidney Rice from South Carolina, Okam from UT

3. Dan Conor - OLB Penn St. - Very instinctive and underrated OLB. Overshadowed by Plouz, but has outplayed him this year. Good insticnts and size, good ability to recognize the play and a very good tackler. Steal in the third.
Other consideration: Keneth Darby RB fromk Bama, McFadden from Ark., Kyle Young OC from Fresno St.

Would anyone be upset with these picks? Post your ideal first 3 rounds and explain them please.
Old 11-24-2006   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: YoungTexanFan's first 3 rounds, post yours:

I hate drafting another DL high but I agree its a given . I would take Connor in the 3rd in a second ... another smart athletic LB to go with Ryans .
Old 11-24-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

not a huge cason fan. i think he slides to the 2nd.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Thomas/ Landry
2. Bennet DB So Carolina
3. B.J. Ajia DT B. C.
4. Terrell Brown CB Texas
5. (Moulds pick)
6. Brusard RB LSU
7. Babino ISLB Texas/Toal ISLB BC/ Slade Will/Mike Pitt.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Something like this route could be nice.

Trade our 1st rd pick..#5 worth 1700 pts.
for 1st rd pick..#15 worth 1050 pts.
and 2nd rd pick #47 worth 430 pts.

not exactly even but play around with pick numbers cuz we dont know.

#15pick Justin Blalock G
#37pick Michael Bush RB
#47pick Kyle Young C

This could help our OL out for the future and have a big back like bush.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I did just realize that these OL may not be a good fit for the ZBS...I'm not sure of the OL we could get that would be good but you get my drift.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
1. Antoine Cason - CB ASU - The most physically gifted CB. He is a playmaker and someone who is excellent when the ball is in the air. Good hands, speed, size, instincts.
Other consideration: Revis from Pitt, Landry from LSU

2. Pitcok - DT OSU - He is an excellent run stuffing DT who is a first round talent but is very likely to be available in the 2nd round. Similar to DeMeco last year in that regard, he just makes things happen.
Other consideration: Kenny Irons RB from Auburn, Michael Bush from Lou, Sidney Rice from South Carolina, Okam from UT

3. Dan Conor - OLB Penn St. - Very instinctive and underrated OLB. Overshadowed by Plouz, but has outplayed him this year. Good insticnts and size, good ability to recognize the play and a very good tackler. Steal in the third.
Other consideration: Keneth Darby RB fromk Bama, McFadden from Ark., Kyle Young OC from Fresno St.

Would anyone be upset with these picks? Post your ideal first 3 rounds and explain them please.
its too early for me youngTexanFan I'm still compiling prospects but I think you offer an excellent list. Why just tonight discovered what must be a hidden jem @ Fresno State (yeh David Carrs alma-marter) RB Dwayne Wright who rushed for 295 yds on 25 carries for a 11.8 avg. outstanding understanding of the position, break away speed, change of direction, excellent hands out of the backfield & size 6-1 220. He would be excellent in Kubiak's system he makes one move then runs downfield with ability to change direction @ full speed.

have to wait for the combine to see how the numbers stack up but he could be a real sleeper pick in the 2nd

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
its too early for me youngTexanFan I'm still compiling prospects but I think you offer an excellent list. Why just tonight discovered what must be a hidden jem @ Fresno State (yeh David Carrs alma-marter) RB Dwayne Wright who rushed for 295 yds on 25 carries for a 11.8 avg. outstanding understanding of the position, break away speed, change of direction, excellent hands out of the backfield & size 6-1 220. He would be excellent in Kubiak's system he makes one move then runs downfield with ability to change direction @ full speed.

have to wait for the combine to see how the numbers stack up but he could be a real sleeper pick in the 2nd
well, his name hasn't been floating around any of the draft circles that I know of yet. I'd say he goes later than the 2nd, even with a good combine.

The draft is my favorite thing man, I'm always looking foward to it. Kudos to you on your sleeper find.
Old 11-25-2006   #9
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Darren McFadden probably wouldn't last until the 3rd. I don't even think he is eligible anyway.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #10
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz
Post Re: YoungTexanFan's first 3 rounds, post yours:

McFadden is only a sophmore.

1st: trade down and get FS Merriweather~Miami(FL.)
2nd: DT Pittcock~OSU
3rd: FB Leonard~Rutgers or OT Doug Free~Northern Illinois
4th: WLB Shaw Crable~Michigan (if he comes out)
5th: OG/C Mike Elgin~Iowa
6th: SS Miguel Merrick~Iowa
7th: WR from smaller school with speed
AndreRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF49erFaithful View Post
Darren McFadden probably wouldn't last until the 3rd. I don't even think he is eligible anyway.
holy crap if mcfadden is eligible he'd be a top 5 pick easily. 3rd round??
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

I didn't list him in the 3rd. I don't know about top 5 though.

I like Darby in the 3rd though.
Old 11-26-2006   #13
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

McFadden is listed in the 3rd round in your initial post as "other consideration". I can't say anything though, because I didn't catch it when I first read it.

See below:

Quote:
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I did just realize that these OL may not be a good fit for the ZBS...I'm not sure of the OL we could get that would be good but you get my drift.
Agreed I love
blailcok too. Not sure he could be a right tackle on this team. Just saying. Think all of the Texas o-line guys will be in a camp.

Couple of guys who are off everyones radar are , Travis Cooley (55) LG for So. Miss. and Mark White C (60) of So. Carolina. Mark White made all of his combination blocks yesterday and the QB went over his rump on the GL qb sneak. Down side is the Gaines Adams big play came over him. But hey it's Gaines Adams. He dominated the Clemson inside all day. Both guys may fall through and be very cheap pratice squad canidates. So...I'm only hot for the OLT prospect early. Got Landry listed, but after last night, Baker will work.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #15
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

It's obvious we have many many holes to fill. From what I gather we will have some money to spend on Free Agents as well, so if we can try to plug two of the holes with FA's (SLB-briggs,thomas CB-clements, samuels, OG-someone mentioned steinback) If we get 2 positions filled we should be much better if we draft halfway decent. This is counting on getting a CB in FA.
1st Round-FS-Landry,Nelson or DT-Branch or OT-Thomas
2nd Round-WLB-Alexander, DT-Pitcock/Tyler, OT-Staley
3rd Round-QB-Kolb, OG-Grubbs, FB-Leonard, FS-Weddle,Wedling
4th Round-RB-Cornish, or BPA/DT
5th Round-C-Kalil or BPA/DT/RB
6th Round-BPA/RB
7th Round-BPA
Undrafted-Punter(Baylor punter)/kicker/RB (D.D Terry looked good for SHSU)
I don't really know if the rounds are right but from what i've seen it's close. I believe later in the draft to go for BPA and hopefully they turn out to be something special.

Last edited by CoastalTexan; 11-26-2006 at 07:30 PM.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #16
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

CB, Saftey, RB...whatever order you want

coastal,
Kolb will be late first/early to mid 2nd round....around 4th QB taken
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #17
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
holy crap if mcfadden is eligible he'd be a top 5 pick easily. 3rd round??
Quote:

If McFadden declares next year he very well could be a top 10 pick.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF49erFaithful View Post
If McFadden declares next year he very well could be a top 10 pick.
Thanks, I didn't happen to read the post above you showing me that I was wrong.

Stupid niners fans.
Old 11-26-2006   #19
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

McFadden is the real #5, Reggie Bush aint got nothing on him when it comes to the rushing game
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My first 3 rounds

1. Freesafety: Laron Landry, LSU: The guy can do it all at the Free Safety position and would be an immediate starter at our weakest position IMO.

2. Offensive Guard/Tackle: Justin Blalock, UT: Good blocker who has played both Guard and Tackle.

3. Outside Linebacker: Tony Taylor, Georgia: He's a good weakside linebacker and my sleeper of the draft.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read