Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2006   #1
[[Gary Kubiak]]

Default The beast needs to sit down!!!!!!!

Mario needs to be off the field for atleast 2 games. I mean what is the point? Jason Babin is better than a 70% Mario Williams. No pressure from the left side at all last week and Richard Smith did not blitz Losman enough.

I dont want damage to that foot either........... this guy is gonna be real good.
Old 11-23-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The beast needs to sit down!!!!!!!

I agree. I would like to finish the season strong and with him healthy. I bet if he sits though, ESPN calls it a bust and will say that somewhere the Texans are scratching their heads asking why we didn't take Bush and his total yards.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak said that because of the shortage of DL if Mario can walk he'll play .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario is still a force, even in his bad health. The SR610 guys have boasted all week that the Bills avoided Mario all game long.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree ... Kubiak says that Mario is getting a lot of respect because his teamates know he's really hurting and yet he plays .

Round Dan
Old 11-23-2006   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

I think Kubiak emphasizes the game is about toughness and playing for your teamates .

Round Dan
Old 11-24-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If the other defenders' play hasn't elevated because of what Mario is doing for the team...they should be cut on the spot. We're seeing leadership and toughness from Mario.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2006   #8
phan1
All Pro

We're so thin right now, I don't think we have much of a choice but to play him. And it's not like it's going to get much better if he sits out for a week. Just play him IMO.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #9
sleepwalker
Veteran

On the blitzing point...I don't know if you were watching but getting roasted for 83 yrds on a blitz then another in cover2 will make you a tad more cautious.

On Mario, I think he should play if he can walk too...Especially if he wants to...Andre also.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Mario is still a force, even in his bad health. The SR610 guys have boasted all week that the Bills avoided Mario all game long.

There was one great play in the Bills game where they ran a sweep to Mario's side and he just totally blew it up. I think he got "blocked" by 2-3 guys and he shrugged them all off, strung it out, and made the tackle. It was a beautiful thing.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #11
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a question...what is the nature of Mario's problem. Is this an injury, or some other form of affliction.

Another question...is this problem one that'll be corrected in the time constraints of the off season, or is more time needed to correct it.

If more time is required to correct the problem, than it would stand to reason that with the season being in the win/loss state that it is; now would be the time to take action on it. Wouldn't it allow ample time for healing and rehab?

Last but not least, is it normal and ordinary to shift a DE around in the line like they seem to Mario?
Old 11-24-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Yeah lets wait till his foot goes bone to bone like DD. I dont care about respect! Let him rest a bit and bring him in.

What is 2 games for a 3-7 team?
By my understanding they are two completely different injuries. Plantar fascitis heals with rest -- bone on bone (no cartilage) does not. Can any MD or sports doc verify?
Old 11-24-2006   #13
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
By my understanding they are two completely different injuries. Plantar fascitis heals with rest -- bone on bone (no cartilage) does not. Can any MD or sports doc verify?
I'm no doctor but they are 2 different things. Mario's condition isn't joint-related. Davis' injury is, and the surgery he had removed part of the cartilage in his knee, not all of it, so I do not think it's completely bone-on-bone, although from my understanding of those things it will probably get worse if he keeps playing football. FWIW Team doctors and the doctor that gave DD the 2nd opinion after his bone bruise both gave him the OK to suit up, but Davis said he did not want to play until his knee felt the same way it did before the surgery ... in other words, never.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #14
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, from what I understand of Mario's condition, the preferred treatment is rest and the worst case scenario is pain, which could possibly result in other problems due to favoring the healthy foot when walking, but I would not think that a problem since we're talking about an extremely strong person.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #15
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually to add to that, Mario's foot will not get any worse than it is right now, and that is the only reason why he is still suiting up and playing. Let him play and get more reps, also if he can learn to play hurt it will make him that much better when he is fully healthy.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
He has played 3 games with this thing, what more sacrifice/toughnes does Kubiak want? I think he is endagering Mario's career with this need to show toughness.
Tim Duncan played the whole season last year with plantar fasciatis and he had no long term reprocutions. He is still effective against the run, but I would be surprised if he does much rushing the passer. He will probably play the next couple of games and if it gets worse, end the season on the shelf.
Old 11-25-2006   #17
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Tim Duncan played the whole season last year with plantar fasciatis and he had no long term reprocutions. He is still effective against the run, but I would be surprised if he does much rushing the passer. He will probably play the next couple of games and if it gets worse, end the season on the shelf.
For a second there i thought u were saying Tim Duncan was still good against the run and all that other stuff u said. if u had it would have been a funny joke...but u didnt...so it wasnt...yahh, so...GO TEXANS

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure I believe that. I really can't see Tim Duncan stuffing the run.

Now, tipped passes, that I can see.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read