Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default carr needs to be traded

no matter what he needs to be traded. he is not the greatest QB and never will be, but this board is relentless and will he will never satisfy them in any way.. Mr McNair please trade him
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: carr needs to be traded

I have a better plan ... Troy Smith measures just 6 ft and drops into the 2nd rd and we draft him .
Old 11-23-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I have a better plan ... Troy Smith measures just 6 ft and drops into the 2nd rd and we draft him .
why? sage can do a better job?
Old 11-23-2006   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Owen Daniels could throw the ball to himself.

Imagine all of the Fantasy Football points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
why? sage can do a better job?
Because at least you are showing that you are willing to go in another direction very soon. You give a guy like Troy Smith to adapt unlike the way David was thrown to the wolves.

If David isn't doing anything more speacial, then now you got this kid who can play.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah what Tejano said . LVB hows the chili going ?
Old 11-23-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I just posted this on another thread but it fits better here. Carr may need to change team for his own good, not for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
The fact may be that like Harrington, Carr will have to leave this team and go somewhere else to:

a) reach his potential
b) leave controversy behind

Even if he goes to another team and excels, it wouldn't mean he would ever had done so here. Team attitude, pressure he puts on himself here as "face of the franchise", the players around him - changing all of these might be what he needs to reach his potential.

In truth, leaving the Texans for another team isn't the worst fate a player could suffer.
Old 11-23-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

y'all want a different direction.. who? sage? is he better?
on a different thread, who could he not beat out with the redskins and dolphins
Old 11-23-2006   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Oh I won't start making it until Monday or so, next week.
To stay on topic I like Kevin Kolb in the right round .

Once it cools down a bit I might make me some chile using the Wic Fowlers as a base but cooking a sirloin and some tomatoes and onions over a fire and then add them to said chile .
Old 11-23-2006   #10
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
no matter what he needs to be traded. he is not the greatest QB and never will be, but this board is relentless and will he will never satisfy them in any way.. Mr McNair please trade him
You’re probably right.

In posts some of my posts at the beginning of the season, I said I'd get off DC's back and for the most part, I've kept my word. But, I sorry, I'm not seeing the type of improvement I want from either him or this team. I was watching Sean Salisbury on Mike & Mike this morning and one of things he said in general about football made a lot of sense to me. According to Sean, as goes the QB for most teams so goes the team.

With that, I decided to start my anti-Carr propaganda again. While I admit I have seen some good things from DC this season, his play has been inconsistent. Still, just as last year, the best thing anyone can say about DC is “He has a lot of potential”. Well having a lot of potential doesn’t cut it anymore. It’s time to try new things. While it may not be fair in many folk’s, one of the first positions you make changes to turn around a football team is QB. The time to change this position is now!

Let’s take a look at Sage to see if he's got the right stuff. Just as Carr deserved more then one game to prove himself, Sage deserves the same respect. Put Sage in now. Let him play the rest of the season. If he doesn't play well, lets get someone in here who has the right stuff.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

If you want to go through more rebuilding, trade Carr. If you want to start winning, keep Carr. It's simple enough, just wait until next year. We should be 5-5 or 6-4 now, and none of the loses we should've won were because of Carr.
Old 11-23-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

what does sage have that carr doesn't? he has been in this league what 5 years ? and hasn't cracked the starting lineup in 5 years, what? Head coach hate him? offensive coordinater hate him?
what?
Old 11-23-2006   #13
Wharton
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
If you want to go through more rebuilding, trade Carr. If you want to start winning, keep Carr. It's simple enough, just wait until next year. We should be 5-5 or 6-4 now, and none of the loses we should've won were because of Carr.
The Saints traded thier crappy QB and got a good one. Now they are doing a lot better. There is no evidence that keeping Carr is going to shorten our building/rebuilding. Keeping Carr may even prolong the process. At this point what is giving Sage a shot at the starting position going to hurt?
Old 11-23-2006   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

I guess this is something that you see or don't see . Vinny has said Carr lacks the IT thing for years ... I started scratching my head last year at the Denver pre-season game .
Old 11-23-2006   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton View Post
The Saints traded thier crappy QB and got a good one. Now they are doing a lot better. There is no evidence that keeping Carr is going to shorten our building/rebuilding. Keeping Carr may even prolong the process. At this point what is giving Sage a shot at the starting position going to hurt?
I think we just disagree on the part that "David Carr is bad".
Old 11-23-2006   #16
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

You're all saying that Jameel Cook's fumble against the Giants was David's fault? Are you all saying that a defensive collapse and allowing two 83 yard TD's is Davd's fault? Is it David's fault Jameel fumbled it in the redzone at the end of the second half against the Bills? I just think everyone's looking for one thing to be the problem and it's easiest to blame the QB. It's a ton of little things: the running game, the drops on offense, the defense not being able to play a full great game. We've got a new set of coaches, and a total remake of our franchise, and it's not all going to come instantly. If we start playing like we did at the beginning of the year then yes, we need a new QB, but over the last month and a half this team has made huge strides and we're on our way to being a pretty good team in the next couple years.
Old 11-23-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

lol
Old 11-23-2006   #18
Wharton
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
wood glue + wolf = bad posts

I don't think anyone is saying its all Carr's fault, but I will say when Mark Brunell ripped off 22 strait completions, he threw at least one TD and the Redskins scored 4 offensive TDs.

Hmmm, I forget, how many TD passes did Carr have against Bills? Did we win that game?

I must be getting senile in my old age.
Old 11-23-2006   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Carr (who I think is solid and not spectacular) is doomed by who drafted him, he will never be great so get rid of him and save the money and spend it on impact players
Old 11-23-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm no fan of Carr...but I'm not sure what we can get for him in a trade. I'm hearing Mike Vick wants a trade as well. Not saying I want him, just saying that teams will have choices as to which QB to trade for. Kubiak is a genius and I'll support whoever he thinks fits best at QB, even Carr.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read