Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-22-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jets MB member says that Jets offered their 2 firsts & 2nd rounder for Bush

"The Jets made small efforts to try to trade up to 2 for Bush (we offered our 2 1st round picks and our 2nd rounder but the Saints wanted at least another 1st round pick) and then after selecting D'Brick and Leinart fell 9 to Detroit they tried to trade their other 1st round pick with their 2nd round pick to get Leinart. However, the Lions wanted another 1st round pick and the Jets wouldn't budge."
http://www.jetnation.com/forums/show...t=26325&page=4
If this guy on the Jets MB is on the up and up, according to his story it was
common knowledge up his way that the Jets offered the Saints their 2 first
round picks and their 2nd rounder for the Saints #2 overall, but NO held out for more. Thats the #4, #29, & #35 picks.
If this is true, you know the same deal had to be the for the Texans.
I dunno, maybe this guy is full of crap, but then maybe the Texans were full
of crap when they swore that nobody would negotiate with them when they
tried to deal their #1 ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #2
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14555 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets MB member says that Jets offered their 2 firsts & 2nd rounder for Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, maybe this guy is full of crap, but then maybe the Texans were full
of crap when they swore that nobody would negotiate with them when they
tried to deal their #1 ?
Or, perhaps the Texans saw more in Mario than anyone else. If that deal had been offered, I would've taken it. But, that would've meant not getting Mario, & I kind of like Mario. I'm just drooling to see how good he's going to be in the next couple of years.

The Texan Question Marks
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #3
DCSaints_fan
Rookie

Default Re: Jets MB member says that Jets offered their 2 firsts & 2nd rounder for Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Or, perhaps the Texans saw more in Mario than anyone else. If that deal had been offered, I would've taken it. But, that would've meant not getting Mario, & I kind of like Mario. I'm just drooling to see how good he's going to be in the next couple of years.
Apparently the Saints had eveveryone convinced Williams was #2 on their draft boards. If that was the case the only person the Texans could have traded with and still gotten Williams was the Saints, and it looked like they weren't going for it.

i think it would have taken a Ricky Williams type deal in order for someone to get Reggie, except for maybe the Jets who had #4 and #29 that year. But the rumor I heard was the Jets weren't going to give up #29 in addition ot #4, only their third rounder, and Loomis said no thanks.
DCSaints_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I suspect that the guy is full of what went down the toilet.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I smell something ....

Not sure, it is either eggs frying or his brain not sure which though.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read