Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2006   #1
Rob A
Rookie

Default Hey Texans fans!

I see you guys have been having a tough season again, but sweeping the Jags is very impressive, giving us jet fans reasons to be nervous.

Week 12: Texans @ Jets - should be a great game!

Some things to watch out for by the Jets:

1. Leon Washington - This kid, our rookie RB, has been a stud all season. Very quick, and can make defenders miss. Expect him to get the majority of the carries, and he can run wild if he gets on a roll.

2. Cedric Houston - Our power back who just got back from injury, he showed up last week just like he was before injury. He'll get the other half of the carries with Washington. Watch for him to use his power and speed to big up yards in chunks.

3. Kerry Rhodes - This Safety is a beast on defense, always causing fumbles and making big plays and sacks.

4. Brad Smith - This guy can do it all. Drafted as a QB, and changed over to WR, but he plays a ton of different positions. Watch the Jets to use him in at QB a few times, along as on reverse/end around plays at WR and maybe even some plays at RB. He is also a tackling beast on special teams.

5. Laverneous Coles - Our best offensive weapon, constantly making the big catches.

6. Jerricho Cotchery - Our #2 WR who has also had his fair share of big plays. Combined with coles, they area very dangerous duo.

7. The O-line - With 2 rookies starting on the offensive line, the worst was expected, but the jets o-line has played fantastic all year providing alot of time for Pennington to make this reads.

The Jets biggest problem right now: Chad Pennington

He has been very inconsistent all year, openning the season with 2 300+ yd games, and not having passed for over 200 yds since. And lately, he's been an INT machine. Jet fans are hoping he can get back on track this week.

So lets have a good game, with no injuries. The Jets need this one bad to stay in the playoff race, and I'm hoping they pull it out. Odds are they need to go atleast 5-1 the rest of the way to make the playoffs, it all starts here.

PS - To talk it over on our message board with other jet fans, you can find us over at http://theganggreen.com

Last edited by Rob A; 11-21-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Rob A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey Texans fans!

Great.... #2
We are going to get run over by our namesake... When will it end?
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob A View Post

5. Laverneous Coles - Our best offensive weapon, constantly making the big catches.
That may be all that you need. We haven't covered a small, fast reciever all year.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #4
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

All you need in a RB with the last name Seattle or San Diego and you should have the entire country covered...

holy geographical names, Batman!
Old 11-22-2006   #5
Brenjetsfan
Rookie

Talking Visiting Jets Fans Thread

hey gang Brenda here from JETNATION.COM stopping by to say hey an welcome ya'all to the BEST DAMN tailgate EVER this Sunday if your in town PM me~!~~~Would love to return the favor from the wonderful people I met out there a few years back!!!

Where's ANDY???

Enjoy the game good luck an stay healthy!

Happy Thanksgiving an may your white meat be moist!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...003_0141-1.jpg
Old 11-22-2006   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greetings from Jersey Shore

Andy is still out there tailgating. You can probably find him easier at www.texanstalk.com.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Bren, I mentioned over on TT that he still lurks around over there, just doesn't post much....
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2006   #8
Minotaur
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Minotaur

Hello. I am from Jersey as well.

nflrumors.blogspot.com
Minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #9
Brenjetsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
wanna go to the game? I have 2 tixs for sale face value...$65 each!
Old 11-22-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't our last game against the Jets in New York (Jersey, whatever) in 2004? Why are we going there again, instead of them coming here?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

How's D'Brick shaping up ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Wasn't our last game against the Jets in New York (Jersey, whatever) in 2004? Why are we going there again, instead of them coming here?
I thought the last meeting of the teams was in Reliant.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #13
Rob A
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
That may be all that you need. We haven't covered a small, fast reciever all year.
You guys gotta brighten up a little, any given sunday. I personally think the Texans are the hardest team left on the Jets schedule. I mean, who can't be afraid of a team that swept Jax when we lossed to Jax 41-0?
Old 11-22-2006   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see you guys have been having a tough season again, but sweeping the Jags is very impressive, giving us jet fans reasons to be nervous.

Week 12: Texans @ Jets - should be a great game!

Some things to watch out for by the Jets:

1. Leon Washington - This kid, our rookie RB, has been a stud all season. Very quick, and can make defenders miss. Expect him to get the majority of the carries, and he can run wild if he gets on a roll.

2. Cedric Houston - Our power back who just got back from injury, he showed up last week just like he was before injury. He'll get the other half of the carries with Washington. Watch for him to use his power and speed to big up yards in chunks.

3. Kerry Rhodes - This Safety is a beast on defense, always causing fumbles and making big plays and sacks.

4. Brad Smith - This guy can do it all. Drafted as a QB, and changed over to WR, but he plays a ton of different positions. Watch the Jets to use him in at QB a few times, along as on reverse/end around plays at WR and maybe even some plays at RB. He is also a tackling beast on special teams.

6. Jerricho Cotchery - Our #2 WR who has also had his fair share of big plays. Combined with coles, they area very dangerous duo.

7. The O-line - With 2 rookies starting on the offensive line, the worst was expected, but the jets o-line has played fantastic all year providing alot of time for Pennington to make this reads.

The Jets biggest problem right now: Chad Pennington

He has been very inconsistent all year, openning the season with 2 300+ yd games, and not having passed for over 200 yds since. And lately, he's been an INT machine. Jet fans are hoping he can get back on track this week.

So lets have a good game, with no injuries. The Jets need this one bad to stay in the playoff race, and I'm hoping they pull it out. Odds are they need to go atleast 5-1 the rest of the way to make the playoffs, it all starts here.

PS - To talk it over on our message board with other jet fans, you can find us over at http://theganggreen.com
Oh boy! All this makes me feel much better. lol!

BTW, If Carr has 2 300+ yard games this year, I'll soil my britches.
Old 11-22-2006   #15
Brenjetsfan
Rookie

it was at your HAUS...silly.....

D Brick is HUGE!!!
Old 11-22-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenjetsfan View Post
D Brick is HUGE!!!
I know that, but is he any good ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #17
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
You from Joisey, what exit? he he!
Welcome!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #18
wolfscar
Veteran

Quote:
You guys gotta brighten up a little, any given sunday. I personally think the Texans are the hardest team left on the Jets schedule. I mean, who can't be afraid of a team that swept Jax when we lossed to Jax 41-0?
I agree - and I think this will be a tight game. There's a lot of good things happening with the Texans right now, but a lot of the fans are badly burned from four years of the Capers and Casserly suckfest we're just now coming out of.

Personally, I think our biggest danger is going to be Cotchery (or the combination of him and Coles). He's got speed, a great eye for the ball and we've only got one starting corner.
Look out for some more deep passing from Carr this week (I hope), and for plenty of rush yards from Gado and Lundy, though you guys have been getting better all round every week. Should be a good one.
Old 11-22-2006   #19
austintexanite
All Pro

Default Re: Visiting Jets Fans Thread

I can't wait for this weekend fellas, it's going to be a great game. I've been catching some of your games this year, and you guys are pretty good. I like Pennington, and hope he pulls through, but I can understand why people are getting frustrated with him. As for the game, I think we'll pull through if we establish a semi-consistent running game. Gado and Lundy have been doing a good job as of late, but they're going to have to pull through this week for us to have a chance. Ya'lls defence have been stepping it up, but I think our run will be established if Kubiak the Giants gameplan against you guys (5 reciever sets.) Get the ball out early and often, and then we have a good chance. Either way, here's to no injuries and a great game.

Texans 20
Jets 17

austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006   #20
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Visiting Jets Fans Thread

Good posts there Jets fans. It's nice to see some quality out there. Good luck with the game.....just not as much luck as we need.
Texans.....21
Jets.........20

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read