Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2006   #1
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bills Bias Paper Strikes Back Against Robinson, Kalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRONT PAGE OF SPORTS
Its not like the Houston Texans, of all teams, have any business critizing J.P. Losman and the Buffalo Bills.

For crying out loud, they're the Texans, and what have they done in the 4.5 years of exisitance besides lose 53 of 74 games? Scoredboard fellas, Buffalo 24, Houston 21.
I gotta say this pissed me off almost as much as the loss...the article continued to call them bottomfeeders and the such. maybe someone should look at thier record since 2001 - 31 of 80 games...lets see houston has had 5 years to build up, the bills have had 10 years to make it past the wildcard game (and haven't) - and 6 years since making it to the wildcard (so someone needs to STFU). I understand that they are pissed about Robinson's comments but they know how it is, Losman is a poor QB at best.

Texans Win Ratio: .283
Bills Win Ratio: .388

that is in response to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Robinson - same article
"If it was Peyton Manning, it wouldn't be embarrassing. But giving up yards like that to J.P. Losman is embarrassing. I hope he doesn't feel to good about himself, because we shot ourselves in the foot."
considering they were favored to lose to a team that is 5 years old and are such a horrible team, they have all the reason to talk ****
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bills Bias Paper Strikes Back Against Robinson, Kalu

yeah...well....there's not much to be said in the way of pride on our part...we swallowed that a long, long time ago...and they aren't telling us something we don't already know....unfortunately...

We've had a tendency to make mediocre QBs look good...seems to be one of our most consistent themes the past couple of years...which sucks beyond belief, but it's just the way it is right now.
Old 11-21-2006   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I posted this in another thread but that Robinson quote was easy to pick on.

espn page 2 found Dunta's comments about Losman ironic it seems...

Quote:
J.P. Losman: After Losman led the Bills on a last-minute drive to defeat the Texans, Houston cornerback Dunta Robinson had this to say: "If that had been Peyton Manning, you'd expect it. But it was J.P. Losman. That's embarrassing. I hope he doesn't feel too good, because we just shot ourselves in the foot."

Yeah, Losman, you shouldn't feel too good. You had to resort to a last-minute drive to beat Dunta Robinson and the Texans. Most teams usually put them away long before the fourth quarter. You should be embarrassed. You're so pathetic I'm surprised you're not a Houston Texan.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=gallo/061120

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

God, bashing of the Texans is at an all-time high.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #5
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Doesn't suprise me. Although what Dunta said was true, when you lose to a team you a suppose to beat and you let JP light you up like a Christmas tree, and then mouth off afterwards. You can bet that there are going to be articles in the media like this one.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #6
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I posted this in another thread but that Robinson quote was easy to pick on.

espn page 2 found Dunta's comments about Losman ironic it seems...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=gallo/061120
now that pisses me off even more, the texans are not that bad this year...we are new and improving and we are not at the bottom of the NFL

Unfortunately it seems we have become the NFL's example for worst team (a title we have grown out of, but can't seem to leave behind)
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

When are you guys going to realize that bashing the Texans is a universal joke. Everyone except Texans fans think its funny. EVERYBODY MAKES FUN OF THE TEXANS. Next time you go on vacation...start talking to a random person about the NFL...bring up the Texans (not as a fan but just as an observer) and see what they say.

It's not just ESPN...it's EVERYBODY. First thing you will get will be "Texans passed up on Reggie Bush"...second thing "Texans are horrible".
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

'eh, let everyone dog us. What do we care? Seriously, don't enable their opinions to matter. We're a dog team right now, and that's just reality. Nothing we can do but hope for the best in the future. We keep blowing games like last Sunday, we get what we deserve.

Quote:
J.P. Losman: After Losman led the Bills on a last-minute drive to defeat the Texans, Houston cornerback Dunta Robinson had this to say: "If that had been Peyton Manning, you'd expect it. But it was J.P. Losman. That's embarrassing. I hope he doesn't feel too good, because we just shot ourselves in the foot."

Yeah, Losman, you shouldn't feel too good. You had to resort to a last-minute drive to beat Dunta Robinson and the Texans. Most teams usually put them away long before the fourth quarter. You should be embarrassed. You're so pathetic I'm surprised you're not a Houston Texan.
That's actually kinda' funny when you look at it objectively. D.Rob shouldn't be spouting off after being part of a defense that made Losman look like the second coming of Cool Joe. I wouldn't be surprised if Losman gets benched in a couple of weeks. Having a good game against the Texans seems to be a kiss of death for a lot of these subpar QBs.
Old 11-21-2006   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
When are you guys going to realize that bashing the Texans is a universal joke. Everyone except Texans fans think its funny. EVERYBODY MAKES FUN OF THE TEXANS. Next time you go on vacation...start talking to a random person about the NFL...bring up the Texans (not as a fan but just as an observer) and see what they say.

It's not just ESPN...it's EVERYBODY. First thing you will get will be "Texans passed up on Reggie Bush"...second thing "Texans are horrible".
Exactly, I live here in LA and go to a few sports bars in Hollywood to watch the games. For the first time in a couple of years, I finally saw another Texan fan watching the game besides me.

As for other the other people at the Sports Bars, they just laugh at me a little because I am watching the Texans and I am actually a fan.

What is even more funny, is due to my day job, I call Houston from time to time, and ask them about the Texans. The general response is, I don't follow those "Losers". That is your own Houstonians!

It is the truth, our team is terrible and most people view them as losers. There is only one thing that can change that, and that is winning.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
D.Rob shouldn't be spouting off after being part of a defense that made Losman look like the second coming of Cool Joe. I wouldn't be surprised if Losman gets benched in a couple of weeks. Having a good game against the Texans seems to be a kiss of death for a lot of these subpar QBs.
The fact that the rest of our secondary can't cover if their life depended on it is destorying D-Rob's confidence and bringing his level of play down. He might be done as anything more than average by the time we get guys who can actually play back there with him.
Old 11-21-2006   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Quote removed by Runner - not so cunningly hidden bad language.
Yea, but it isn't just ESPN, my friend. EVERYBODY makes jokes like this. Not just ESPN.
Old 11-21-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
The fact that the rest of our secondary can't cover if their life depended on it is destorying D-Rob's confidence and bringing his level of play down. He might be done as anything more than average by the time we get guys who can actually play back there with him.
yeah, it's sad that it could be true. I've seen some pictures of him on the sideline after the game, and the look on his face is one that is just tired of always losing.
Old 11-21-2006   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

As of now, we're the NFL's whipping boy. one day... one day.
Old 11-21-2006   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
I gotta say this pissed me off almost as much as the loss...the article continued to call them bottomfeeders and the such.
We may not be bottom feeders now, but we certainly still have a clear view of the bottom.

Quote:
When are you guys going to realize that bashing the Texans is a universal joke. Everyone except Texans fans think its funny.
Respect? Why do we deserve respect when we lose, when we don't give it to others when they win?

After the Titans beat us, there was a lot of talk about how we were better but we gave them the game.

After the Giants beat us, there was the same thing, plus additional blame on the refs.

After the Bills beat us, it was "we would have won if it wasn't for the two long passes". Huh? The two long passes were part of the game! Then they have a great catch by Price with time running out. Do we give him and his team respect? Heck no - it was blown call. We've got super slow motion and a couple of still photos showing otherwise, but still we have fans saying we were robbed.

Respect - yeah right.

(I am over generalizing - most of our fans don't do this and I apologize to those that treat other teams with the respect they think we deserve. I also am not calling out the two quoted posters - I was using your posts as a jumping off point for my rant).
Old 11-21-2006   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Your right we don't deserve any respect. I just wonder how people continue to be shocked when they see articles and shows where we get bashed. It happens everywhere. As well known as the Patriots are for winning we are for losing.
Old 11-21-2006   #16
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans flagship radio station plays the Benny Hill theme song under replays of Marc Vandermeer's calls of Texans screw-up plays. I find it hilarious. Start winning and it will stop. Stay the course and we are nothing more than the '00 decade version of the Bungles or the Orange Clad Pirates.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Start winning and it will stop.
Start winning, stop whining

Has a nice ring to it.

The problem with the phrase, of course, is that it is a syllepsis. The implied subject of the first phrase is the Texans, while the implied subject of the second phrase is the fans. I think it is catchy enough to overcome that structural deficiency though.

I also considered

Start the winning, stop the whining

but that just changes the problem from a syllepsis to a zeugma. The Texans are the subject of both, but in a different way. The first implies action, the second cause and effect.

I think the pithier first option is the way to go.
Old 11-21-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

funny AJ too funny

of course in the last year or so I have distanced myself from ESPiN.

just seems east coast bias on a lot of things (or is it my point of view? )
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #19
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Your right we don't deserve any respect. I just wonder how people continue to be shocked when they see articles and shows where we get bashed. It happens everywhere. As well known as the Patriots are for winning we are for losing.
It's post like this that make it alright,however,ther is is constant criticism of our QB saying"he doesn't know how to win" or "He's got that dear in the headlights look". If it is unacceptable for him,then as fan it is unnacceptable for you to be such a defeatist!
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #20
NATHANHALE
Veteran

First, our results on the field speak for themselves. Secondly, and a 'big thorn' in my side, is that our franchise has been built on excuses and low expectations. When we lose, a 'portion' of our fan base justifies losing by coming up with every single excuse they can think of to convince themselves that we didn't really lose-- "take this play or that play away, and-in my mind-we really won."

IMO, it's sad and this thinking has a lot to do with the lack of respect we get around the NFL. These same fans also 'berate' the other fans on the board who don't drink the 'kool-aid' or wear the 'rose-colored' glasses.

JMO, but we're sure missing a lot of veteran posters that use to post regularly with good comments--wonder what happened to them?...maybe they'll come back...or not.

I was looking at a thread today that had about 120 posts, with 2 posters between themselves having about 60 of those posts!!! JMO, but that is 'crazy.' Do these posters ever think of using 'private nessages?' Wow...
NATHANHALE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read