Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-21-2006   #1
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default For the Old Oilers Fans: Titans Uniforms On Sunday

So be honest Old Oilers fans, all hate for the Titans aside, did you like our uniforms we wore on Sunday against the Eagles? It was the first time we'd ever worn these pants:

They kind of look like Oilers throwback.
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: For the Old Oilers Fans: Titans Uniforms On Sunday

It looks like Bud is trying to move closer and closer to being the Oilers again. I never cared for the dark blue in the Titans uniform to be honest. It's too many colors. I like the traditional 3 color uniform. As for that uniform, I like that better than the dark blue pants.

I really hate those black Eagles jerseys.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Makes me wanna puke.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
It looks like Bud is trying to move closer and closer to being the Oilers again. I never cared for the dark blue in the Titans uniform to be honest. It's too many colors. I like the traditional 3 color uniform. As for that uniform, I like that better than the dark blue pants.
I agree.

I think the light blue looks better than the dark blue.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I like a simple, strong, clean look to football uniforms.
Agree, Giants, Packers, Steelers, and Bears come to mind. Teams with tradition.
Old 11-21-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking back, the Oilers really had some classy unis. They weren't these crazy 'arena football' type designs.

The new pants look alright, but they just seem to clash with that particular jersey, IMO. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it seems incohesive. (This is just my first impression and has nothing to do with the Titans or Oilers.)
Old 11-21-2006   #7
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't decide if I like them. I like when we wear all white or all dark blue.

These are ok i guess
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2006   #8
Headlights of a Carr

I like the uniforms they wore on Sunday and yes they remind me of the Oilers.

But can some one tell Ralph Wislon to get the same shade of blue to match the Bill helmets. Those uniforms are horrendous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2006   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Its an improvement. But the colored shoulders look prissy and European.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I always hated the powder puff blue the late oilers wore. Give me a manly color jersey any day.

So to tell you truth, I don't care what the Titians do.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post

They kind of look like Oilers throwback.
The classic Oilers blue pant was a slightly darker shade and more metallic/gloss than flat powder. What the titans wore Sunday was hideous and in no way reminded me of Oilers throwback because of the dark blue, the lack of red trim, the jersey shoulder pad thing, and the helmet.

aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
The classic Oilers blue pant was a slightly darker shade and more metallic/gloss than flat powder. What the titans wore Sunday was hideous and in no way reminded me of Oilers throwback because of the dark blue, the lack of red trim, the jersey shoulder pad thing, and the helmet.

The old Oilers uniforms were a lot better than the Titans one for sure.

aj, I have a question for you after seeing that Moon shot. Have you ever noticed that most Oilers pictures you would see on football cards, posters, etc were always on the road? I swear, I have tons of old Oilers football cards and used to have posters of Moon, Campbell, etc. Almost every single one of them is a picture of them on the road. I wonder if it had something to do with the bad lighting in the Dome? Just curious if you ever noticed that.
Old 11-22-2006   #13
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesnt matter if its dark blue or light blue, the uniform is ugly as sin. Unfortunatley for the titans their unis are from the era of crappy ideas with no shelf life. It looks like world league stuff you see. The 90's are nortorious for this....jags, panthers, ravens and even more in baseball like the diamond backs, marlins and devil rays. People tried too hard back then and didnt think about how the classic looks and colors are timeless. Now your team is stuck with dumb colors and logo. I'm glad the Texans' front office went as classic as they could, and stayed away from the bs colors and cartoonish logos. We cant all be the detroit lions, but I like ours.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #14
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the old Oiler colors.

There's just something wrong with the Titan colors, can't put my finger on it. Might be the seething from my eyes though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read