Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-21-2006   #1
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Current Draft Order

1. Detroit Lions
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Houston Texans
5. Washington Redskins
6. Cleveland Browns
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. Tennessee Titans
9. Minnesota Vikings
10. St. Louis Rams
11. Green Bay Packers
12. Miami Dolphins
13. Pittsburgh Steelers
14. Buffalo Bills
15. Atlanta Falcons
16. New York Jets
17. San Fransisco 49ers
18. Philadelphia Eagles
19. Cincinnati Bengals
20. Dallas Cowboys
21. New England Patriots
22. Carolina Panthers
23. New Orleans Saints
24. Jacksonville Jaguars
25. Kansas City Chiefs
26. New York Giants
27. New England Patriots
28. Denver Broncos
29. San Diego Chargers
30. Baltimore Ravens
31. Chicago Bears
32. Indianapolis Colts
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #2
real

Default Re: Current Draft Order

If it worked like that...I'd like to trade back with Greenbay or Miami...
Old 11-21-2006   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
How about trading with New England, get there two #1s for our one?
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #4
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
How about trading with New England, get there two #1s for our one?
I'm not sure we can trade back that far and get the players we want, but I wouldn't be totally against it....
Old 11-21-2006   #5
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
I'm not sure we can trade back that far and get the players we want, but I wouldn't be totally against it....
I hear what you are saying. It is the 6 one way, half a dozen the other.

1 stud vs. 2 solid NFL players
Old 11-21-2006   #6
real

It'd be sweet if we could get Poslunsky and Landry...or Poslunsky and Griffin in the first.....
Old 11-21-2006   #7
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
It'd be sweet if we could get Poslunsky and Landry...or Poslunsky and Griffin in the first.....
Do you think Poslunsky would still be there?

I was thinking Griffin and Rufus Alexander (due to Landry and Poslunsky probably already being gone).
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2006   #8
real

Quote:

I was thinking Griffin and Rufus Alexander (due to Landry and Poslunsky probably already being gone).
It hard to say...But I wouldn't be upset with alexander...
Old 11-21-2006   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
too bad. i like where we're drafting.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Rufus is considered a solid 2nd round pick on most ranking charts I 've seen. So keep your 1st round pick and get Landry the top safety in the draft, and take Alexander in the 2nd.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
too bad. i like where we're drafting.
Yeah I like your spot too....that's why I want it....
Old 11-21-2006   #12
DenverBorn
Veteran

I like to look at this, with the winning percentages.

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

It's not hard to figure out Kubiak's strategy in passing on 3-and-2. If we win last Sunday's game we'd most likely be 11th. Now we're 4th. There's more football to play, the good news is that we have opportunities to lose games against Oakland, Cleveland and Tennessee, further solidifying our shot at a top 5 (or even top 3) pick -
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Rufus is considered a solid 2nd round pick on most ranking charts I 've seen. So keep your 1st round pick and get Landry the top safety in the draft, and take Alexander in the 2nd.
According to ESPN draft tracker his is listed at #28 (late 1st round)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/...layer?id=10438
Old 11-21-2006   #14
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbspi View Post
ROUND TWO
36. Houston Texans-- CB, Darrelle Revis

If I haven't mentioned that Houstons secondary is bad well here it goes, Houstons secondary is bad. They made strides toward improvement in the 1st round with selecting S Laron Landry and now they address CB. They have one good CB in Dunta Robinson but the rest are only average, Darrelle Revis gives them a CB who can develop nicely in their defense with the rest of their young players. He's a physical corner and could turn out to be a real steal.

(Other options if available - Antoine Cason, Fred Bennet, Daymeion Hughes, Aaron Ross, Kyle Young, Doug Datish, Quinn Pitcock)

If he comes out, that would be a steal, if not go with Aaron Ross.
Old 11-21-2006   #15
DenverBorn
Veteran

I am a big Longhorn fan but am puzzled by continuing projections of Frank Okam and Michael Griffin as first round picks. I see another Rod Wright-type experience with Okam, falling to the second day at best. He's been all hat and no cattle at Texas. Griffin I think is a third round pick. Aaron Ross could be an undrafted free agent - he's made some great plays but gets beat too often in one-on-one coverage against good wideouts. Too busy peeking into the backfield to watch the QB and leaves his guys uncovered. Frankly the way the Longhorn secondary has played this year, none of them should be drafted.

Impressive work assuming you typed all of that from scratch. I agree that the Texans need a safety but I also believe 4 is too high for Landry. If we end up at 4 (or higher) I would support a trade down lower into the first round. I think we need more Ryans or Daniels -level players at SS, CB, FS and OLB and thus more picks would be better than one high pick.
Old 11-21-2006   #16
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
According to ESPN draft tracker his is listed at #28 (late 1st round)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/...layer?id=10438
This is from the espn 1st round projection

Scouts Inc.'s Top 32
Player Class Pos. School
1. Joe Thomas Sr. OT Wisconsin
2. Brady Quinn Sr. QB Notre Dame
3. Calvin Johnson Jr. WR Georgia Tech
4. Leon Hall Sr. CB Michigan
5. Gaines Adams Sr. DE Clemson
6. Alan Branch Jr. DT Michigan
7. Adrian Peterson Jr. RB Oklahoma
8. Quinn Pitcock Sr. DT Ohio St.
9. Jake Long Jr. OT Michigan
10. Sam Baker Jr. OT USC
11. Ted Ginn Jr. Jr. WR Ohio State
12. LaRon Landry Sr. S LSU
13. Brian Brohm Jr. QB Louisville
14. Levi Brown Sr. OT Penn State
15. Glenn Dorsey Sr. DT LSU
16. Dwayne Jarrett Jr. WR USC
17. Jeff Samardzija Sr. WR Notre Dame
18. Marcus McCauley Sr. CB Fresno State
19. Quentin Moses Sr. DE Georgia
20. Kenny Irons Sr. RB Auburn
21. DeMarcus Tyler Sr. DT N.C. State
22. Daymeion Hughes Sr. CB Cal
23. Zach Miller Jr. TE Arizona State
24. Robert Meachem Sr. JE Tennessee
25. Paul Posluszny Sr. OLB Penn State
26. LaMarr Woodley Sr. DE Michigan
27. Buster Davis Sr. ILB Florida State
28. Drew Stanton Sr. QB Michigan State
29. Joe Staley Sr. OT C. Michigan
30. Amobi Okoye Sr. DT Louisville
31. Patrick Willis Sr. ILB Mississippi
32. Troy Smith Sr. QB Ohio State
Old 11-21-2006   #17
DenverBorn
Veteran

Doesn't appear that the "ranked players" above includes any juniors. So it'll depend on how many juniors come into the draft -
Old 11-21-2006   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
Doesn't appear that the "ranked players" above includes any juniors. So it'll depend on how many juniors come into the draft -
Always does.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #19
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It is safe to say he will be somewhere between Late 1st to Mid 2nd.

Thanks, I could not find this list. I knew it was there somewhere.

Just wanted to point out the list you show does not include juniors, and as some will go in the 1st, it makes Alexander look even more like a 2 rounder. Where in the 2nd is the question.
Old 11-21-2006   #20
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=SLO Texan;507194]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbspi View Post
ROUND THREE

68. Houston Texans-- RB, Kenneth Darby

Houston needs a RB another RB because Samkon Gado and Ron Dayne won't get the job done, although I am very optomistic about Wali Lundy. Kenneth Darby gives Houston another young RB who runs very hard.

[b](Other options: Amobi Okoye

I like Darby in the 3rd. I agree that Gado and Dayne suck and we need help, but we don't need a RB before the 3rd, and even that may be too early.

Okoye is very interesting. He is a senior DT at Louisville. He will be 19 when the NFL season starts. 19!!! He has been project anywhere from 1st round to 3rd round, but his potential is amazing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read