Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2006   #1
qman_tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 79 qman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Better to hit AJ with SLANT than GO route?

I noticed in the last game against Buffalo, that AJ was did not have success catching the GO route. He did alot better on his COMEBACK routes and SLANTS. If I'm going deep to AJ, would either do and POST route or POST CORNER. I also noticed this has to do with Carr, the way he throws the deep ball the AJ. If you watched the game againist Jags on the road, the deep dall David threw was too high and far out towards the sidelines, which make AJ go out of bounds (AJ was between the numbers and sideline, more to the numbers). All David needs to do throw a ball that not to high or far out of the #'s , so AJ will have a chance to beat his man.

What do you think?
qman_tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55561 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Better to hit AJ with SLANT than GO route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman_tx View Post
I noticed in the last game against Buffalo, that AJ was did not have success catching the GO route. He did alot better on his COMEBACK routes and SLANTS. If I'm going deep to AJ, would either do and POST route or POST CORNER. I also noticed this has to do with Carr, the way he throws the deep ball the AJ. If you watched the game againist Jags on the road, the deep dall David threw was too high and far out towards the sidelines, which make AJ go out of bounds (AJ was between the numbers and sideline, more to the numbers). All David needs to do throw a ball that not to high or far out of the #'s , so AJ will have a chance to beat his man.

What do you think?
QB must always throw the ball to the outside shoulder if there is a deep safety (as there was on that play).

In man-to-man coverage the QB wants to throw it inside if the WR gets inside but that is highly unlikely in the NFL.

Most NFL CBs arent gonna let a WR get inside of them on a deep route unless they have safety help.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read