Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2006   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Some power-ranking blabble :)

"30.) Houston Texans (27; 3-7) - "If that had been Peyton Manning, you'd expect it, but it was J.P. Losman. That's embarrassing. I hope he doesn't feel too good, because we just shot ourselves in the foot." Those were the words of Houston cornerback Dunta Robinson, a member of a secondary that was torched by Buffalo QB J.P. Losman on Sunday. Part of winning in the NFL is respecting your opponent; maybe the cellar-dwelling Texans would be better than 3-7 if they had a little more regard for who they're playing."

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/a...ngs211106.html

weeh, great analysis of the Houston Texans, keep up the good work. What's next, the color of our jerseys arn't to his likening ?

I don't really care if we're getting the short stick by the media, but at least keep it football-related

[EDIT] speeelingh

Last edited by Malloy; 11-21-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some power-ranking blabble :)

I thought it was great how disgusted Dunta was about JP getting that many yards.

NewsFlash. Dunta thinks we need better safety's.

I really feel bad for the guy. The only A player in our secondary. Earl and Faggins are both C players, and CC Brown is a D.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but he's right.
Old 11-21-2006   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 18 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I thought it was great how disgusted Dunta was about JP getting that many yards.

NewsFlash. Dunta thinks we need better safety's.

I really feel bad for the guy. The only A player in our secondary. Earl and Faggins are both C players, and CC Brown is a D.
Agree, I am glad to see some of our players getting disgusted with losing (especially to teams we should beat). He just should have choosen his words a little better and not insult the other teams player (even though he was right).

Maybe he should blast Brown, not the first time he has been late on his help (remember early in the season Dunta getting upset on the field, looking at Brown like where are you).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

In regards to Duntas harsh words, I do not know if what he said was taken out of context. I've yet to see the 'actual' question he was asked.
Old 11-21-2006   #6
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I didn't see the game as I was in Cali this weekend but when I watched the replays it looked like (a) Losman made great throws, (b) Faggins just wasn't fast enough to keep up and (c) we had, as usual, horrid safety help over the top. I think Simmons hits well but has zero instinct for coverage.
Old 11-21-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our secondary needs to be revamped, I say keep DRob and maybe Earl in as starters, but we need at least 1-2 CB's and a FS who can play. With most teams now having guys who can play #1 WR playing at the #1 and #2 spot (like us with AJ and Moulds) we need bigtime help at CB and the FS spot.
Old 11-21-2006   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Gasp. Oh no! Dunta's telling it like he sees it. Criminal.

Lets get some safeties and a CB or two to join him back there.
Old 11-21-2006   #9
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

You can't blame his frustration...I mean that game was in their hands and to blow it like that...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Yeah but he's right.
It is correct, that's what make it so aggravating to me.
Old 11-21-2006   #11
TX34
Rookie

why not 32
TX34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX34 View Post

why not 32
Apparently we're not THAT bad
Old 11-21-2006   #13
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want to crown them, then crown them, yadda yadda yadda....
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #14
TX34
Rookie

No they really are that bad
I don't see them winning another game this year
TX34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

They deserve to be in the bottom 5. This is a very bad football team. Not as bad as last year, but still very bad.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

I don't care where we're put in the rankings. My initial point was that their argument for putting us at the 30th spot was somewhat... weak
Old 11-21-2006   #17
Big J
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX34 View Post
No they really are that bad
I don't see them winning another game this year
You must not watch all the games. We are not good...but come on...we will have 5-6 wins by the end of the season. Giving us a top 7 pick=Stud Safety.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #18
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Move Dunta to FS
Sign Clements
Draft Cason or McCauley
Draft an SS in rd 2 or 3...there you have it :P

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read