Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2006   #1
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default would someone explain Carr's 22 pass record

here is the play by play from NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playby...061119_BUF@HOU

from his incompletion at 3:43 in the 2nd QTR till 5:44 in the 4th is a long string of passes but it isn't 22 in a row. I count it at 16 with 3 scrambles by Carr.

seriously how do they get the 22 in a row record out of that??

this is not a knock on Carr by the way, but what am I missing in the counting? How is this figured out, do scrambles count? Am I missing some pass or something, or do I just need to take my socks off and use my toes to count that high??

anyone got an answer?
Old 11-21-2006   #2
Dre_80
Rookie

Default Re: would someone explain Carr's 22 pass record

what part of

"PENALTY on HST-A.Johnson, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at BUF 44 - No Play."

you did not understand?
Dre_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I counted 22.
Old 11-21-2006   #4
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"PENALTY on HST-A.Johnson, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at BUF 44 - No Play."
what does this have to do with my question?

and gp, from what time frame to what time frame? I have put this on another board and 3 different people count 16. Now granted it's been a few years since math class, but I am interested in 'seeing this' on the official stats. So any help on counting this would be much appreciated.
Old 11-21-2006   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
what does this have to do with my question?

and gp, from what time frame to what time frame? I have put this on another board and 3 different people count 16. Now granted it's been a few years since math class, but I am interested in 'seeing this' on the official stats. So any help on counting this would be much appreciated.
An incompletion at 8:57 in the first quarter, followed by 22 completions, streak ending at 5:44 in the 4th.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
from his incompletion at 3:43 in the 2nd QTR till 5:44 in the 4th is a long string of passes but it isn't 22 in a row. I count it at 16 with 3 scrambles by Carr.
<snip>
anyone got an answer?
There is NO PLAY at 3:43 in the 2nd quarter. It was a penalty. This incompletion didn't count.
Old 11-21-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I counted 25 in a row.

OK, I thought the incompletion at 5:44 was a completion.

I get what you're saying though about the AJ pass interference, but that's the way it counts. It coulda been another dump-off anyway.

Last edited by HJam72; 11-21-2006 at 10:50 AM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2006   #8
thegr8fan
All Pro

Quote:
There is NO PLAY at 3:43 in the 2nd quarter. It was a penalty. This incompletion didn't count.
thank you very much Pencil Neck. that was the 'secret' that I didn't know, and answered how the string continued.
Old 11-21-2006   #9
Dre_80
Rookie

Quote:
thank you very much Pencil Neck. that was the 'secret' that I didn't know, and answered how the string continued.
dude i already told you that
Old 11-21-2006   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre_80 View Post
dude i already told you that

Yes, but I have mad communication skillz.
Old 11-21-2006   #11
Dre_80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
yeah...well i thought "penaly enforced. no play" would be clear enough
Old 11-21-2006   #12
thegr8fan
All Pro

Quote:
yes you do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read