Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2006   #1
JetNation
Rookie

Default Dominic Davis

What do you guys expect from him when he does return next yr?
Old 11-21-2006   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dominic Davis

if he returns, which i hope he does
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #3
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
At least 1500 all purpose yards! He's done it before, I hope he can do it again.
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

IF he returns, I expect him to play one or two games and then bang his knee up and be out for a while. Obviously I don't want that to happen but truthfully I can see it happening. I hope he can comeback strong and finish his career good but at this point nobody has any clue. I don't think the staff knew it was this bad until 4 months after the draft.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #5
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

im under the impression that his knee is pretty much done. He will come back and have to sit out most of the drills in training camp pretty soon after it starts b/c the bone on bone will be too painful to play on for extended periods of time. if he makes it to pre season in my opinion and can actaully play a half with out too much trouble, i will consider myself proven wrong and he might make it half way through the season. other wise im afraid i dont have much hope. But rest-assured, i hope to God i am proven completly wrong and if so i look foreward to eating crow all season. i can only hope thats the case. Any one have a Miracle-o-matic? or does any one have some spare cartillage they can spare that we can donate to be insirted into DD's knee. the wonders of modern medicine right?

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #6
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I see him retiring. Never to carry the ball again. I thank him for the job he has done, and I expect the team to move on. Oh and then I thank god that Casserly is gone and we will not him giving stupid money to players when they are a huge risk to never complete the contract. (Davis, Weigert, Walker, Glenn, and Coleman to name a few given money when there best production had already past, or before they were due to get the jump in pay).
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I see him retiring. Never to carry the ball again. I thank him for the job he has done, and I expect the team to move on. Oh and then I thank god that Casserly is gone and we will not him giving stupid money to players when they are a huge risk to never complete the contract. (Davis, Weigert, Walker, Glenn, and Coleman to name a few given money when there best production had already past, or before they were due to get the jump in pay).
Greenwood, Smith, Wade, just to add to your list. Yeah, I also am pretty sure DD is done, but I would like to be proven wrong.
Old 11-21-2006   #8
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't Davis only making $300,000.00 a year while he was playing. Even though he was beaten up and may not ever play again I think he did deserve a good amount of money for the job well done. He busted his ass and sometimes carried this entire team on his shoulders for pennies compared to others that were not producing like he was. He earned what ever amount of money he was given.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138 View Post
Wasn't Davis only making $300,000.00 a year while he was playing. Even though he was beaten up and may not ever play again I think he did deserve a good amount of money for the job well done. He busted his ass and sometimes carried this entire team on his shoulders for pennies compared to others that were not producing like he was. He earned what ever amount of money he was given.
His salary for 2005 was $380,000.00 but he did receive a $ 5,000,000.00 signing bonus, making his cap hit at about 1.5 million.

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/footb...is&player=2936

With that said, he gave us way more than a guy that was drafted simply to come out of the backfield on 3rd downs and return punts. The guy busted his butt, even with a horrendous line in front of him. P

Problem is, he just isn't cut out (physically) to be an every down back.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone was kind enough to post this link on another thread: http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html

Davis' base salary for 2006 is 1.7 million with a cap hit of 3.8 mill.

Not quite the steal he was his first three seasons....
Old 11-21-2006   #11
Frills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Fully expect him to show up in a skirt
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills View Post
Fully expect him to show up in a skirt
That's a no-class thing to type.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #13
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Not quite the steal he was his first three seasons....
Think of it as compensation for being a great running back on a poor offensive team
Old 11-21-2006   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish people would spell his name right.
Old 11-21-2006   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Think of it as compensation for being a great running back on a poor offensive team
I hear you there, and don't have that big of a problem with it other than he has been injury prone. But, if you look at any of my posts about DD, they have all been positive. I have cited things like what you said in your post, and the fact that we got way more out of him than expected.
Old 11-21-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, I don't think he'll play again. We should prepare accordingly in the offseason. In other words, we should pick up a RB.

Your avatar is quite disturbing. lol
Old 11-21-2006   #17
Frills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Mario is playing with a jacked up foot that will have to be cut on at the end of the season. Wong worked his hindparts off to get back to playing after his injury. Faggins, Carr, Mathis, Peek and hell even Boseli all have fought or at least tried to fight through injuries and didn't quit.

DD has stated he won't have surgury again, and won't play until it feels 100% which the Docs told him will never happen.

When idolizing DD, ask yourself one question. When he caught all the dump off passes and passes in the flats, did he ever chip an End or ever block any player comming on a blitz? You'll find the easy route is to let the defender through and catch the pass Carr somehow managed to release before getting firmly planted.

85% of Carr's lack of pocket presence I attribute directly to DD's complete disregard to block or learn his assignments. His attitude is that of a silent TO, he just wanted his numbers and is not a team player.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #18
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Hate to say it but its pretty much the word around the Texans! Davis was told his knee was going to always hurt and that he would have to play through the pain. He said he would not play until his knee felt better and he had confidence in it. That was about the time Kubiak slipped up and made a comment about playing through pain being apart of football and the rumors hit the papers of Davis being cut. I am surprised they did not cut him then! It just my opinion which is worth nothing, but I think they wanted to cut him for not being willing to take the field but with the decision to pass on Bush and the recent new contract they coul dnot handle the fall out after 2-14 and their draft day decision. I hope Davis comes back but I think its a pipe dream.
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I doubt he comes back either, and I am not idolizing DD. I'd like to see us go after Adrian Peterson or another back with a nice mix of speed and power. By the accounts I've read, however, DD has the same injury that ended Terrell Davis' career, and Curtis Martin is now experiencing. If DD is done, I'd rather see people just say good luck and goodbye than flippant remarks about his toughness. I stand by my earlier statement.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #20
real

If I were DD, I wouldn't play any more...Take the money you've earned and invest and carry on with life...

Your health is one thing that shouldn't be compromised..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read