Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-20-2006   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Who I want to play OSU...

I've decided. If not Michigan, then USC. I don't care for USC or Notre Dame. I think they're the 3/4 best teams today. Why do I want to play USC?

We play them in 08 and 09. I kind of imagine the young guys can get a rilvary going :-) It'll be great build up to the two game series in a few years.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who I want to play OSU...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I've decided. If not Michigan, then USC. I don't care for USC or Notre Dame. I think they're the 3/4 best teams today. Why do I want to play USC?

We play them in 08 and 09. I kind of imagine the young guys can get a rilvary going :-) It'll be great build up to the two game series in a few years.
I think you guys will kill both USC and ND. I can see why most OSU fans don't want Michigan. With any great rival it's always going to be a tough game. Beating your top rival who is probably the deserved second best team in the nation twice in one season is a tall order. However just think of the bragging rights you would have beating them twice to win a NC.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Who I want to play OSU...

Don't get me wrong, as a Buckeye I would LOVE to take on MI again. I meant assuming the voters won't let it happen, I'd pick USC as my next choice.

Especially for the ******* who ran in fron of the big screen during the watch party in MI clothes, shooting off his mouth and blocking the TV after they scored the first time. Fortunately we're a well behaved group and family atmosphere, because we outnumbered him about 300 to 1
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-20-2006   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Michigan beat the lving hell out of Notre Dame. There is no way ND should get into the title game with both them and Michigan on 1 loss. I think ND wil beat USC, who are always overrated by ESPN, and it will be a rematch for the title.
Old 11-20-2006   #5
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

To really screw things up, like it isn't already, I'd like to see USC beat Notre Dame, then lose to UCLA and Arkansas win out. Arkansas would be 12-1, will have played one more game than Michigan (11-1), in a much tougher conference than Michigan, with only one loss to a top ten team (#6), Michigan to #1, and Arkansas with four top 25 wins (3 in top 10) and Michigan with only ONE, and the BCS keep Arkansas out, while once again, a team is voted into the national championship game that hasn't even won their conference.

That would be sweet.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: Who I want to play OSU...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
To really screw things up, like it isn't already, I'd like to see USC beat Notre Dame, then lose to UCLA and Arkansas win out. Arkansas would be 12-1, will have played one more game than Michigan (11-1), in a much tougher conference than Michigan, with only one loss to a top ten team (#6), Michigan to #1, and Arkansas with four top 25 wins (3 in top 10) and Michigan with only ONE, and the BCS keep Arkansas out, while once again, a team is voted into the national championship game that hasn't even won their conference.

That would be sweet.
No, that day is over :-)

I wanted Rutgers to go undefeated and then Texas to have to Bowl against Boise. THAT would have been BAD football!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 11-20-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-20-2006   #7
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

As a fan of the SEC, I would like to see you guys take on Florida. They have a very talented team, especially on defense. They also bring an offense that is very tough to defend.

That said, I don't think (and never thought) anybody would beat OSU this year. I really don't think the rematch should happen. Maybe if they had played earlier this year. But since they played so late, it should have been do or die, not get another shot. I don't think USC will beat Notre Dame, and if Florida survives the Florida State game and the SEC championship game vs Arkansas, then they deserve to go. They have beaten alot of tough opponents, and won the toughest conference in the NCAA.

I just don't feel like you can be number 2 in the BCS and lose, yet not slip at all. Michigan lost the one game they knew they needed to win to go to the National Championship game. Their fault. They should be out.
Old 11-20-2006   #8
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Boise St @ Boise St !

Old 11-20-2006   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm pretty sure UF would give OSU a tougher time than USC.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

yeah, Florida would definately in the title game would be better then USC, but I dont think they have the offense to keep up or the defense to stop Troy Smith.
Old 11-21-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

OSU v. Mich pt. 2...it'd be a great game, I'm sure, but the hype...oh, the hype.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #12
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
OSU v. Mich pt. 2...it'd be a great game, I'm sure, but the hype...oh, the hype.
Yeah, six to seven weeks of hype because both teams now have a SEVEN WEEK layoff before having to play that championship game.

D1-A football is retarded.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Yeah, six to seven weeks of hype because both teams now have a SEVEN WEEK layoff before having to play that championship game.

D1-A football is retarded.
The hype for the game may cause some of us to say Reggie Bush was underrated. Think about that for a second.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
What about the hype if ND got in? That would be ridiculous.

It's nearly impossible for them to do it tho, even if they beat USC by 50 points it would be unlikely for them to pass up Michigan.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, ND is going to be left out. they really have no shot. i guess maybe if arkansas loses to LSU and beats UF, and ND beats USC by an absurd score....MAYBE....i know plenty of voters would put them ahead of michigan because of the ole "what you've seen recently rules all" thing, but there would be plenty of voters who would be VERY against ND leapfrogging michigan.
Old 11-21-2006   #16
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i'm pretty sure UF would give OSU a tougher time than USC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
yeah, Florida would definately in the title game would be better then USC,
I am not alone, not only would Florida give them a better game, I think they deserve it more (played a tougher schedule).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

UF has played the 3rd toughest schedule in the nation. USC the 9th. and michigan the 2nd.
Old 11-21-2006   #18
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
UF has played the 3rd toughest schedule in the nation. USC the 9th. and michigan the 2nd.
I know they have it listed somewhere like that, but I don't believe Michigan's schedule is harder than Florida's. Just my opinion.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

well, they've played ohio state, notre dame, wisconsin, and penn state. not that bad.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read