Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2006   #1
Justinian34
Rookie

Default Props, and a question from a Bills fan...

Hey all,

First off I want to say that the Bills/Texans game was amoung the best i've seen in years, and that you have one heckuva team. It seems to me you guys are only about 1 year away from being a Playoff contender?

I mean, you guys have a decent run game, a good QB with scrambling skills, and a mean defensive unit. Not much is missing there.

But anyhow, this brings me to my point. Many of you keep bashing Carr, who did a very good job imo. I mean 83% completion percentage is damn good, not to mention you guys were down by 14 early. He seems to be targetted for that INT that was thrown to AJ.

Clements, who is one of the best corners in the league had AJ covered very well. That ball was thrown perfectly to AJ, if there were no defenders in the area. The second pass with the O interference would have been INT'd as well, if AJ hadn't taken the initiative and pushed Clements.

He did the same thing to Harrison, shut him right down vs. the Colts.

I don't believe that either of those were Carr's fault, he put his faith in AJ to get open for the long ball which he didn't. That's good coverage folks.

Anyhow, great game, well played, and what a spectacular ending. Thanks for a great game guys, we wish you the best.
Justinian34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #2
kingh99

Default Re: Props, and a question from a Bills fan...

Your team sucks hard and we are ashamed that we beat your ass for 59 minutes and still lost.
Old 11-20-2006   #3
Justinian34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
Your team sucks hard and we are ashamed that we beat your ass for 59 minutes and still lost.
Nice, I come here, give you guys props on a game well played, and say that your team is close to playoff potential and this is the kind of response i get in return.

I'm not going to stoop to your level sir, the score spoke for itself.
Old 11-20-2006   #4
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Carr isn't targetted because of the INT, he gets bashed because he dumps off to the RB all the time. I don't necessarily agree that he should be, but that is what people feel:

He doesn't have good vision to throw over the middle
He has happy feet
He throws too many short completions

He gets the short end for the things he doesn't do.

For instance, he didn't drive the team down field like Losman did. Although one has to make the point that Clements is a DB we would love to have given our pathetic secondary, yet Carr not being able to throw against him is Carr's fault.

Good win and solid comback by Buffalo. Congrats.
Old 11-20-2006   #5
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Sorry, apparently the grapes are tasting a little sour from our end.
Old 11-20-2006   #6
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
geez dude, chill out
Old 11-20-2006   #7
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the props but it's kinda frustrating we can't beat a weak team at home. Good luck to you guys in Buffalo it was a good game!

P.S. I love the sabres (Vanek is a national hero here in Austria)
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2006   #8
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinian34 View Post
Hey all,

First off I want to say that the Bills/Texans game was amoung the best i've seen in years, and that you have one heckuva team. It seems to me you guys are only about 1 year away from being a Playoff contender?

I mean, you guys have a decent run game, a good QB with scrambling skills, and a mean defensive unit. Not much is missing there.

But anyhow, this brings me to my point. Many of you keep bashing Carr, who did a very good job imo. I mean 83% completion percentage is damn good, not to mention you guys were down by 14 early. He seems to be targetted for that INT that was thrown to AJ.

Clements, who is one of the best corners in the league had AJ covered very well. That ball was thrown perfectly to AJ, if there were no defenders in the area. The second pass with the O interference would have been INT'd as well, if AJ hadn't taken the initiative and pushed Clements.

I don't believe that either of those were Carr's fault, he put his faith in AJ to get open for the long ball which he didn't. That's good coverage folks.

Anyhow, great game, well played, and what a spectacular ending. Thanks for a great game guys, we wish you the best.
thanks, I think we did some good things stopping the run, we just didnt pressure the QB enough and when we did he moved around and found a way to make things happen. I gotta think on the 3rd and 2 we should have ran the ball and forced you guys to take your last time out, at the very least it would have put all the pressure on you and at best we could have converted and put the game away. ofcourse as usual our coach thinks he made the right call. but he's a new head coach and I think he trys too hard.
Old 11-20-2006   #9
Justinian34
Rookie

I was very impressed overall. I remember the Texans game from last year, which was pretty lopsided. But with you way you guys played yesterday, I'm quite suprised you haven't won more.

Might be the same with us in Buffalo, 4 of our 6 losses were within 8.... heartbreakers.
Old 11-20-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, first off thank you for your words. Next off, don't listen to most of the posters above. The ones with only a few hundred post in this thread are mostly carr-hating, monday moring HC's. Khari is a great poster and the rep speaks for itself, but don't judge our entire community off of the assinine posts of a few ill-regarded posters.

It was a good game in many aspects, but hopefully Clements will be with us next year. This game just continued to showcase our weakness at DB.
Old 11-20-2006   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 59793 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if the Texans play well, more times than not, they will figure out a way to lose the game. They just figured out another way to lose yesterday.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #12
kingh99

Quote:
Nice, I come here, give you guys props on a game well played, and say that your team is close to playoff potential and this is the kind of response i get in return.

I'm not going to stoop to your level sir, the score spoke for itself.
Thanks. That was a pathetic loss. Don't try and cheer us up.
Old 11-20-2006   #13
Justinian34
Rookie

I'm not sure on the Clements thing. We franchise tagged him a few days ago, so I'm sure the management is desperate to hang onto him. To tell you the truth, most people would get rid of McGahee long before Clements at this point in time.
Old 11-20-2006   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey all,

Thanks! Your fans that visited our tailgate were classy, cool people.

People have been hating Carr for a long time:
'Some' people feel like he should have come over the top to help Petey Faggins on those two 83 yard bombs, and should've come off the edge to sack Losman on that last pass with 9 seconds left...
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I appreciate the kind words. Some people, like king, can not just say thanks and leave it at that. Not sure why. The Texans secondary sucks except Dunta. Faggins made Losman and Evans look like Montana to Rice.

There are a lot of Carr haters who do not look at anything he does right only what he does wrong. Cook is taking most of the heat for this loss.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #16
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
P.S. I love the sabres (Vanek is a national hero here in Austria)
Yeah, they are tearing it up right now. However their new logo has to be worst in the league. No wonder people are calling them the Buffalo Slugs.

Anyway, back to the topic. Thanks for the classy post from the Buffalo fan. I thought when our old team left that the choking to Buffalo days were over.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #17
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. That was a pathetic loss. Don't try and cheer us up.
Don't pay no mind to king, he's trying out decaf this week.

Thanks for the kind words Justin.
Old 11-20-2006   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow. Did you actually watch the game? If you did you would have seen that we were down for MOST of the game.

We did not get the lead until Dunta intercepted Losman and ran it in for the TD and we led with about 7mins of the THIRD quarter left. We did not relenquish the lead until 9 seconds left in the 4th. Thus we led for 21 mins and 51 seconds. NOT 59 minutes. Please try to be a little more accurate in your assesmnets of how long we were winning. And, before you say we were moving the ball and they were not, the only stat that counts is score.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #19
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Hey all,

Thanks, it was a good game, just sucks it had to end the way it did. Anyways, the reason so many people blame Carr is because he's a scapegoat. Quite afew people wanted Vince Young or don't beleive Carr is a worthy starter, so they try to take him down a notch any time possible. BTW, the reason you've incountered some negative and bitter fans is because our team has been a roller coaster all year, and fans are along for the ride. When we're playing well and win, you'll see threads about possibly making a run to the playoffs, other times when its low we're talking who do we want with the 1st pick again. Theres also afew consistently optimistic and pessimmistic fans (Im the optimist). Either way, good luck the rest of the season.
Old 11-20-2006   #20
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
I'm not sure on the Clements thing. We franchise tagged him a few days ago, so I'm sure the management is desperate to hang onto him. To tell you the truth, most people would get rid of McGahee long before Clements at this point in time.
NOOOOOOOOO weeee want him!

<--- I had to use this smiley at least once.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read