Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Moving on... Jets on Sunday

kcwilson

Rookie
Ok, if cornerbacks need short memory, then we need to as fans as well.

I would hate for all the negative energy to continue to be a thorn in the side of the Texans. Let's consider the following:

(1) Our secondary has been a known problem from day 0. From a talent perspective, we need to see if C.C. Brown is salvageable. We have no depth to try out young talent, so we will have to live with this corp until the offseason.

(2) Running game showed burst yesterday. This is really important to the passing game as it doesn't make us 1 dimensional like we looked against the Giants.

(3) The offense had some solid 10+ yard passing plays, with AJ and Moulds finding seems in the defense nicely. The running game really created passing opportunities.

(4) The offense shows some versatility by utilizing non-traditional formations in critical situations. The 3rd down run by Walter motioning from out wide to the backfield was a nice call. We need to keep showing these formations late in the game. I have noticed when we get late, the formations and play calling go "vanilla". We don't have the talent to beat a team consistently with up the middle running out of a 2 wr set.

(5) Orr and Greenwood looked much better in this game. Although not the long term solution, they seem to be buying into the system and Orr could be a very versatile player in a backup and special teams role next year. Good Depth.

(6) Kris Brown didn't miss a FG.

(7) Jets, Oakland, and Browns provide us another opportunity to post back to back wins to shake that moneky everyone is talking about.

(8) Both Lundy and Gado showed great improvement in picking up the blitz/rush. I believe both were criticized for that earlier in the year but now we can see that the coaching is getting through to them.

(9) The OL has shown some consistency, even though they are tattered. Winston appears to be making a solid impact at RT and held his own.

(10) I think the coaching is doing a good job, inspite of everyone else's comments because we are seeing mistakes that were made corrected as the season goes on. Obviously, the secondary is not fully addressed, but the team is taking direction and appears to still be on board, in spite of some heartbreaking losses.

THE JETS
The Jets looked good against the Bears, defensively. We will have to be solid in the run and use some of the empty backfield sets to move the ball, I think.

A lack of jets running game ought to allow us to provide a little more secondary protection. Dalton, Johnson, and Maddox are providing a good plug in the middle against the run. Our CBs ought to match up well against the Jets and I think we stand a chance in this game.

I'd like to wait until we get some feedback about injuries to see where this game is heading, but there are a lot of positives to look at with this team.

Any thoughts on what corrections need to be made for the final six games?

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
I know very little about the Jets personnel, but I bet their WRs will start
drooling when they take a look at Texans film and see those 1st quarter TDs
on Faggins yesterday. Petey better get his flac jacket out and get himself strapped in for next weeks game in New Jersey.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
I know very little about the Jets personnel, but I bet their WRs will start
drooling when they take a look at Texans film
and see those 1st quarter TDs
on Faggins yesterday. Petey better get his flac jacket out and get himself strapped in for next weeks game in New Jersey.
No doubt. But if memory serves correctly, Petey usually bounces back. If not it could be another dissapointing loss.

jaayteetx

All Pro
Well, on a personal note, sure would like to win this game for bragging rights with a buddy of mine who is a huge Jets fan. Other than that, this season is over, time to start building for next year, again.

Ryan82

Practice Squad
Another lose... until we find a coach that can call better plays 22 straight completitions and can't even score a passing touchdown. I can throw 22 dump-off passes in the NFL. Someone needs to go and its not Carr because he's proven that he can complete passes at a high percent. They just need to force him to throw down field.

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
Get guys healthy. Losing Payne, TJ, Peek and Sanders does not help when you already have Mario playing banged up, Weaver was nicked yesterday and when he went out was one of the bombs to Evans. Wong tweaked his hammy last week. We have no quality depth, with limited quality talent playing hurt. Offense needs to wake up with the mentality that they need to score more points than the other team for the rest of the season.

humbleone

Waterboy
Good stuff KC...thanks! I agree with most of your points...thanks again for helping me get over yesterday and get back to thinking about the positives.

Agree with a good amount of your points, and though yesterday hurt, the team will bounce back. The Jets do have a pretty solid D, and a young running back who can be explosive. I'm happy that Pennington has proven all his doubters wrong, I just hope he plays like s**t on Sunday. As for us, if we establish the run like we did this past week, then we will win the game. It was nice to see a solid running game that set up long drives and allowed some different formations, and the D needs to forget about the last drive, but learn form it, and for God's sake get rid of Prevent D...at least rush 4 guys.(frustration over yesterday)

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
Another lose... until we find a coach that can call better plays 22 straight completitions and can't even score a passing touchdown. I can throw 22 dump-off passes in the NFL.
Yeah. The West Coast Offense really sucks.

Signed,

Bill Walsh
Mike Holmgren
Mike Shanahan
John Gruden
:trophy:

ChrisG

Road Fan
maybe we can pull off a win since we are a 6 pt underdog...

10.5 pt underdog vs Jags - WIN
Favored 2pts over Bills - LOSE

gwallaia

Staff member
Titan "Tack" Fan;505573 said:
The Jets are better than they look
I agree with that statement. Depsite their record, they have played competitively in most of their games. I really don't see the Texans having a chance in this game.

Insert Debbie Dower sound.

brewhaus

Rookie
I agree with that statement. Depsite their record, they have played competitively in most of their games. I really don't see the Texans having a chance in this game.

Insert Debbie Dower sound.
They are 5 and 5. Big deal. And none of their games have been blow outs either way, plus they split with New England. We have as good a chance of beating the Jets as we had with any other team this year. I don't see any stats jumping off the page for their team. And it also appears their coach is defending his decision to play Pennington (maybe due to him going 19 for 36 against the Bears). I think we can beat 'em ! :twocents:

JetNation

Practice Squad
They are 5 and 5. Big deal. And none of their games have been blow outs either way, plus they split with New England. We have as good a chance of beating the Jets as we had with any other team this year. I don't see any stats jumping off the page for their team. And it also appears their coach is defending his decision to play Pennington (maybe due to him going 19 for 36 against the Bears). I think we can beat 'em ! :twocents:
Depends of which Jets team comes to play. Our Defense has been solid as of late and out Run game is shaky. If we can effectivly run the ball we have a great chance of winning.

Texas_Heat

Waterboy
Someone had better tell the them they have a game this week, because it's clear that they never show up ready to play. :deadhorse

I can't wait too see how they blow the Jet game.:shots: :gotexans1

So loosing 41-0 to a Jags team we swept dosnt count as a blow-out? They are inconsistent just like us, they have just had more luck with injuries and probably some more talent. We have a good shot at winning this one if the team takes the right attitude in the game and is determined to play 60 minutes.

brewhaus

Rookie
So loosing 41-0 to a Jags team we swept dosnt count as a blow-out? They are inconsistent just like us, they have just had more luck with injuries and probably some more talent. We have a good shot at winning this one if the team takes the right attitude in the game and is determined to play 60 minutes.
Yeah. So, I missed one...my bad. I got tired of all the other threads on this board and wanted to see some other conversation. Everybody is "Whipping a dead horse" with this Buffalo loss. I still think we can beat this team. We are performing below average, they ARE average. I agree if the Texans play for 60 minutes, we get a "W".

Texanator14

Practice Squad
The key to beating the Jets is just getting in Pennington's face he gets rattled easily and is a lot less effective after a few big hits. Also, we shouldn't have to worry too much about the deep threat because Pennington has one of the weakest arms in the league. Offensively we have to get the ball to Andre, he's much bigger than their corners and should find seems in their defense. If Carr gets going early he could have a big day.

edo783

Hall of Fame
IMO, in the case of this game.....the coin is in the air. Both teams are schitzo and have issues. If we show up and play well and they don't we win. The reverse is true for them. If we both bring our "A" games, they will likely win, because we are too beat up in the lines on both sides of the ball. If we were mostly healthy (like before the Jags game), I think we could take them.

DA YUCK!

Practice Squad
The Texans have some unfinished buisness in the Meadowlands. So they will be ready to go and finish off the J E T S.

TexanFanInCC

Veteran
texans are 0-2 in the meadowlands.....or is it 0-1? cant remember. i think its going to be a tale of 4 teams....the good texans, bad texans, good jets, bad jets. eric mangini has got to get some consideration for coach of the year for what he has done with a team people were predicting to only win 4-5 games.