Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2006   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Faggins

Let's talk about his future....

Does he even have one with the Texans? I was totally upset over his coverage in the 1st quarter letting JP go 3 for 3, 187 yards and 2 TD's.

Was there some special D play called that left him out there like a VW trying to cover a Porche? He certainly didn't get the job done and was wondering if he is still a starter or did he have an injury that I don't know about.

He was made to look like a clown on those plays...
Old 11-20-2006   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Faggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
Let's talk about his future....

Does he even have one with the Texans? I was totally upset over his coverage in the 1st quarter letting JP go 3 for 3, 187 yards and 2 TD's.

Was there some special D play called that left him out there like a VW trying to cover a Porche? He certainly didn't get the job done and was wondering if he is still a starter or did he have an injury that I don't know about.

He was made to look like a clown on those plays...
He still has a starter spot on this team somehow, but he would be hard pressed to be a nickle on any other team. I've been saying this same thing since before TC. He is slow, with some of the slowest hips I've ever seen at the professional level and he seems defiant to turn his head for the ball. I rate his tackling as average at best and he is extremely overrated by almost all of our fans.

My stance on him hasn't changed and will not change.
Old 11-20-2006   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of the blame for those long bombs that Faggins gave up has to taken
by the coaching staff. The one play in particular, Faggins got no help from the
safety, and this Evans is obviously very fast. One on one, D-Rob would have had his hands full with that guy. I imagine those big plays surprised the coachs as much as Faggins ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #4
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Some of the blame for those long bombs that Faggins gave up has to taken
by the coaching staff. The one play in particular, Faggins got no help from the
safety, and this Evans is obviously very fast. One on one, D-Rob would have had his hands full with that guy. I imagine those big plays surprised the coachs as much as Faggins ?
Now wait a minute. Surprised? Not when you throw at him 3 times in a row and complete all 3 and 2 go for TD's. Let's call a Joker a Joker. I don't want to sugar coat any of this. His play was horrible at best. That was 14 ding dang points on just 3 pass plays. He got burnt from start to finish...
Old 11-20-2006   #5
Scottyboy
Veteran

I agree 110% Faggins is horrible. His name says it all! ha ha ha!!

He should be a dime back if anything!
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=30901

Old 11-20-2006   #7
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

personally i thought he did horrible to start the game, but did alot better as they decided to roll coverage on evans side. that coupled with losman trying to force the ball into his receiver, petey got his hand on a few balls (he should have caught those).

good plays by the bills though. im not ready to demote him though. his biggest weakness is speed and you expect teams to try and take advantage of it.
Old 11-20-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Faggins is a good nickle back. He got burned, but he also got better as the game went on in my opinion. The secondary was going to be an issue for this team, this year. Once we draft or bring in FA's Petey will fit in nicley as the nickle. We are not breaking the bank on him.
Old 11-20-2006   #9
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

you allow a corner with average to below average speed to go one on one with one of the fastest guys in the NFL and thats what happens. I knew Evans was fast and Petey wasnt long before the first quarter, I fail to understand how the coaching staff didnt.
Old 11-20-2006   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Faggins is a starter here because everyone else we have with the possible exception of Dunta Robinson is worse. Faggins is a good nickle as Kaiser Toro stated. On a team with two legitimate corners he's nothing more than that and depth. He'll pull a good game out of his pocket for you when pressed into service but he isn't an everyday starter unless you send your best CB packing and trade for Phillip Buchanon. Then you have to start Petey.

As for the idea that he needs to be demoted or even cut I think that's laughable. What else do we have back there? We got nothing past Dunta and Petey. We need a free agent CB badly in the upcoming off-season. I don't want to even entertain thoughts of a rookie opposite Dunta. That's a recipie for disaster IMO. The biggest problem we have in our secondary (aside from our only having one starting CB) is a huge lack of veteran leadership. We need someone back there who can still play but who's got the experience that the rest of them are lacking. Dunta played best when Aaron Glenn was starting opposite him. Faggins played better with Glenn here.

We need a veteran CB badly.
Old 11-20-2006   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no question that our secondary is suspect, at best. I would not go as far as calling Faggins horrible, although he had a horrible day, I do think he is best suited as nickle....

But hey, we all knew that going into this season, but at least we have a couple of bright spots in Ryans, Williams and the signing of Weaver.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #12
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

#1 priority in this free agency has to be a corner. Ideally, someone to take over the #1 spot and leave Dunta at #2. Although it seems like the scheme is based on sides of the field rather than covering specific players.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #13
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Faggins is a good nickle back. He got burned, but he also got better as the game went on in my opinion. The secondary was going to be an issue for this team, this year. Once we draft or bring in FA's Petey will fit in nicley as the nickle. We are not breaking the bank on him.
Completely agree, Faggins is a questionable #2/ good #3 CB who plays short to intermediate routes well as I recall he had afew knock downs and almost picked off afew passes. Good depth at CB is hard to come by, and I want him to be our nickel back. There are some good CBs in the draft and FA, and I really think we need to get someone.
Old 11-20-2006   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Faggins is a starter here because everyone else we have with the possible exception of Dunta Robinson is worse. Faggins is a good nickle as Kaiser Toro stated. On a team with two legitimate corners he's nothing more than that and depth. He'll pull a good game out of his pocket for you when pressed into service but he isn't an everyday starter unless you send your best CB packing and trade for Phillip Buchanon. Then you have to start Petey.

As for the idea that he needs to be demoted or even cut I think that's laughable. What else do we have back there? We got nothing past Dunta and Petey. We need a free agent CB badly in the upcoming off-season. I don't want to even entertain thoughts of a rookie opposite Dunta. That's a recipie for disaster IMO. The biggest problem we have in our secondary (aside from our only having one starting CB) is a huge lack of veteran leadership. We need someone back there who can still play but who's got the experience that the rest of them are lacking. Dunta played best when Aaron Glenn was starting opposite him. Faggins played better with Glenn here.

We need a veteran CB badly.
Yup. Lots of needs on defense.

Faggins is who we thought he was.

No sense putting him on an island two times in a row with no safety help. You can't run schemes wishin your personnel was better than it is.
Old 11-20-2006   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Oddly enough, both spolight players featured by the Chronicle this week were missing in action this weekend: Faggins/Daniels.

Demarcus just got flatout burned both times by Evans.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone is so ready to Rip and burn Faggins. What about the Safety? There is no reason Evans should go for a TD if the safety's dont let them get behind them.

Did you see the angles they had to take to try and catch Evans? It wasnt a straight line. It was a curve.

You expect Faggins to cover him 40 yards down field and make sure he doesnt cut back to the ball for 10 yards.

NOBODY ON THIS BOARD IS EVERY HAPPY. Every loss we get 50,000 "off with their heads" posts, and I am damn sick of it.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Faggins is what he has always been - a hard worker who does what the coaches ask within his limitations. He can't run with Lee Evans and the coaching staff should have known this. If Faggins and Sanders are the team's fourth and fifth CBs next year, things will be looking up. That's not a knock on Faggins - he's just not starter material.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Faggins arrival helped energize this defense when he came back from injury. He had a bad 1st quarter but lets not be so fast to throw him under the bus over 2 horrible plays. He is better than the alternative and is arguable a better cover guy than Burnta (who had a great game for the most part and has shown signs of life lately).

I blame the lack of pass rush on our inability to put teams away when it counts. We need to pick up a veteran CB or star caliber FS in the offseason via FA and we need to draft DE or pass rushing OLB (Gaines anyone?) with our 1st round pick. Then go for a CB in the 2nd round and try and pick up value in the rest of the rounds.

doug ftw
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Yup. Lots of needs on defense.

Faggins is who we thought he was.

No sense putting him on an island two times in a row with no safety help. You can't run schemes wishin your personnel was better than it is.
lawl
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #20
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Everyone is so ready to Rip and burn Faggins. What about the Safety? There is no reason Evans should go for a TD if the safety's dont let them get behind them.

Did you see the angles they had to take to try and catch Evans? It wasnt a straight line. It was a curve.

You expect Faggins to cover him 40 yards down field and make sure he doesnt cut back to the ball for 10 yards.

NOBODY ON THIS BOARD IS EVERY HAPPY. Every loss we get 50,000 "off with their heads" posts, and I am damn sick of it.
Give me a break. I never said off with his head. I asked about his "future" with the Texans. So I guess you were happy with this loss and the play of Faggins?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read