Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2006   #1
Samkonfan
Rookie

Default Running Backs

I think we can put an end to all the talk about the Texans running backs. Lundy and Gado are both legit and you can put an end to the "Gado is not fast" theory also. Did you see on his 20yd run how when he turned the corner and the bill's defensive player had the angle on him, he just ran by him. I wasn't all for the switching of backs but I think it adds a nice change of pace in the game. Again, I stick with my guns that if you give the ball to Gado 20+ a game, he'll be over 100yards and we should win barring the coach does the smart thing at the end of the game and run the ball to run the clock. Even if they were ready for the run it would force them to use their last time out. Then they would be force to be in a little more of a hurry at the end. Nice coaching Kubes!!

Last edited by Samkonfan; 11-20-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Samkonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #2
real

Default Re: Running Backs

Gado and Lundy so far are sufficient....They have been pretty good these last two games, but I think it's a little pre-mature to assume they are our future...
Old 11-20-2006   #3
samomin
Veteran

I hope we don't look for a first round running back. I think we can get by with these two for another year. We definitely need a safety first. Also who knows what Rick Smith might find in the later rounds of the draft, as it will be his first, in terms of running back.
Old 11-20-2006   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

They looked good yesterday, but Buffalos run-D were embarassing at best.

6 more games and an off-season, let's hope they can progress and be solid and consistant next season.
Old 11-20-2006   #5
Jim Nayzium
Rookie

Yeah...Indianapolis tore up Buffalo's run defense...good point....
Jim Nayzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nayzium View Post
Yeah...Indianapolis tore up Buffalo's run defense...good point....
Who are you bashing at, I have a hard time telling... ?
Old 11-21-2006   #7
Jim Nayzium
Rookie

I don't really know...sorry...

I was actually typing an email and it accidentally landed in this forum...

Dang these computers....
Jim Nayzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2006   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
They looked good yesterday, but Buffalos run-D were embarassing at best.

6 more games and an off-season, let's hope they can progress and be solid and consistant next season.
Buffalo's Run D was rated by Football Outsiders as 30th in the league coming into this game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read