Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2006   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What's with the Carr bashing...

When Faggins and Cook basically single handedly cost us the game yesterday? I've seen about 20 threads bashing Carr, 1 about Cook, and 0 about Faggins. The one INT Carr threw was AJ's fault not Carr's, AJ had the ball taken out of his hands, again. I've read that Carr is not a leader blah blah blah because he couldn't bring us back, yet we were down 14-0 in the 1st quarter but we came back and took the lead and then our defense lets Buffalo march down the field and score a game winning TD in the last minute and a half. Faggins gets burned not once, but twice in the 1st quarter for 2 80+ yard TD's yet people come here to bash Carr.
Old 11-20-2006   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's with the Carr bashing...

I think the INT was Carr's fault, personally, but I agree with you in what you are saying.

You just have to ignore what they say. Personally I find their arguments dull, childish and generally misguided.

Those of us who know better just have to steer clear of the ignorance. Keep fighting the good fight, bro!
Old 11-20-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
When Faggins and Cook basically single handedly cost us the game yesterday? I've seen about 20 threads bashing Carr, 1 about Cook, and 0 about Faggins. The one INT Carr threw was AJ's fault not Carr's, AJ had the ball taken out of his hands, again. I've read that Carr is not a leader blah blah blah because he couldn't bring us back, yet we were down 14-0 in the 1st quarter but we came back and took the lead and then our defense lets Buffalo march down the field and score a game winning TD in the last minute and a half. Faggins gets burned not once, but twice in the 1st quarter for 2 80+ yard TD's yet people come here to bash Carr.
Because one should expect more from a guy that gets paid 7 million a year, like mixing in a TD pass through a 4 game stretch. Faggins and Cook were part of the problem in the first half. This was a team loss and not squarely on Carr's shoulders, as is the case mostly every time.
Old 11-20-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The interference call on AJ was him preventing another int. by Carr. I can't say what I think about Carr right now.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Because one should expect more from a guy that gets paid 7 million a year, like a mixing in a TD pass through a 4 game stretch.
See, texan279.... you have to understand that if the Texan receiving core doesn't get in position to snag a TD, it is Carr's fault.

It takes two to get a receiving TD, KT, and yesterday there wasn't a chance for that.
Old 11-20-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

First interception, IMO:

1) Carr throws a floating jump ball to Andre. Not a very good throw, but not always bad because Dre catches a lot of these. At least it was a shot downfield.

2) Andre loses jump ball. Sometimes this happens in jump ball situations. I thought he fought hard for the ball.

3) Defensive end blows by a Winston whiff and Carr gets nailed as he throws. This lack of room may have led to the ball floating more than intended.
Old 11-20-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
The interference call on AJ was him preventing another int. by Carr. I can't say what I think about Carr right now.
I think the interference call on AJ was a smart play, I am talking about when he had the ball stripped from his hands for an INT for the second time this season.
Old 11-20-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
First interception, IMO:

1) Carr throws a floating jump ball to Andre. Not a very good throw, but not always bad because Dre catches a lot of these. At least it was a shot downfield.

2) Andre loses jump ball. Sometimes this happens in jump ball situations. I thought he fought hard for the ball.

3) Defensive end blows by a Winston whiff and Carr gets nailed as he throws. This lack of room may have led to the ball floating more than intended.
AJ had the ball in his hands IIRC, if he is supposed to be such a big strong WR, why does he keep getting balls ripped from his hands by DB's?
Old 11-20-2006   #9
real

Quote:
I think the interference call on AJ was a smart play, I am talking about when he had the ball stripped from his hands for an INT for the second time this season.
He was just pointing out another Carr mistake....

A.J had to stop the guy from intercepting it because of a poorly placed throw by Carr....
Old 11-20-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
See, texan279.... you have to understand that if the Texan receiving core doesn't get in position to snag a TD, it is Carr's fault.

It takes two to get a receiving TD, KT, and yesterday there wasn't a chance for that.
Four games, not yesterday. Four games which is a quarter of a season. We are going back to the future unfortunately.
Old 11-20-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know, I was just adding another, seperate thing, in case ya'll didn't know.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #12
kingh99

Quote:
Carr threw 22 completions in a row? I was at the game and extremely underwhelmed with his feat of high QB ranking daring do.

He doesn't make plays. Not that he wouldn't if he could, but he can't. Ok he can but not to the level needed to be a leader and a winner in the NFL. He threw 22 dinks and dunks in a row and I looked to my kid and said this reminded me of that #@$^%@#$@$%Y$ run and shoot without the rocket armed Warren Moon.

Here's the bad news.

Gary Kubiak is a good coach but I find that unless it's John Elway under the snap, this controlled roll/running QB style is awful. I want a team that keeps the QB in the pocket throwing darts and bombs downfield. I want the 92-95 Cowboys. I want the Patriots. I want a team that doesn't have as it's centerpiece an undersized, weak armed QB running for his life. Wake me when the Dave Krieg era is over in Houston. Actually that was an insult to Dave. Krieg.
Old 11-20-2006   #13
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Many of our posters would rather blame Carr for Andres' wussiness in fighting for the ball.
Old 11-20-2006   #14
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

A.J had to stop the guy from intercepting it because of a poorly placed throw by Carr....
AJ nearly tore his hammy up trying to save Carr from that int. Carr can't throw a consistent fly. They need to take that out of the playbook. Also they need to tell David the other teams are hip to his love affair with AJ. When the chips are down and it's 4th and 2 you need to us AJ as a decoy. Did Terrell Owens catch a ball in the second half yesterday when the Cowboys made their little piece of history (gag me)? I don't think so.
Old 11-20-2006   #15
kingh99

Quote:
And it wasn't Faggins. It was our good run stopping but short legged too slow Jason Simmons and earlier CC Brown who got burned the worst. they couldn't complete the triangle of coverage in time when that little water bug took off down the sideline.
Old 11-20-2006   #16
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AJ had the ball in his hands IIRC, if he is supposed to be such a big strong WR, why does he keep getting balls ripped from his hands by DB's?
Because AJ is severly overrated.

Here's positive rep coming your way.

Old 11-20-2006   #17
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

It has become very clear that we need to acquire (draft, trade, or FA) a NFL quality CB to play opposite Robinson. Also, WTH was CC Brown on those two Evan's TD?
Old 11-20-2006   #18
kingh99

re the Dave Krieg comparisons:

Most Fumbles, Season
23 Kerry Collins, N.Y. Giants, 2001
Daunte Culpepper, Minnesota, 2002
21 Tony Banks, St. Louis, 1996
David Carr, Houston, 2002
18 Dave Krieg, Seattle, 1989
Warren Moon, Houston, 1990

Carr puts the ball on the ground more than Krieg did? Wow!
Old 11-20-2006   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Many of our posters would rather blame Carr for Andres' wussiness in fighting for the ball.
That was an excellent pass by Carr and AJ basically had the ball, but the Bills
DB took it away from him.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #20
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

Add this poorly placed throw to the following:
1. AJ being out fought for the ball on the int.
2. the fumble by Jameel,
3. the two loooong TDs given up by our db's
4. the lack of pressure on Losman
5. the great gain of field possession our punter gained for us

I could name more, but lets run with the pack and bash Carr some more, its more in vogue these days.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read