Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Question For those at the game:how was the legends?

I see they had houston's legends at the game (from the website). how was that? who was all there? website shows Curtis Duncan and Charlie Frazier

Did it bring back some good ole memories?
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #2
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: For those at the game:how was the legends?

Bubba McDowell should've suited up at safety.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Fitting that so many old Oiler players were on hand to witness the 4th quarter choke job by our current Houston team. The Oilers delighted in letting their fans down with 4th quarter choke jobs.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The actual ceremony was actually kind of lame. They introduced about 4 or 5 players and then they went by generation (50s, 60s, etc..). There wasn't enough time to name all the people up there, but it could have been much better. They should have done it during pregame while there's more time to be had. It's not like there would be less people watching the ceremony since half the stadium rushes to buy beers or go the bathroom at halftime anyway.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Without Earl Campbell there, the entire affair was incomplete.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Without Earl Campbell there, the entire affair was incomplete.
Agreed. It was all kinda rushed, IMO. They deserved a lot more time.

Warren wasn't there either, I don't think. They didn't introduce him by name, so I doubt he was there.
Old 11-19-2006   #7
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's hear it for players from the 20th century, and now players from the 21st century, is pretty much how it went down.

Quote:
Bubba McDowell should've suited up at safety.
Give me Zeke Moore over Faggins any day.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Agreed. It was all kinda rushed, IMO. They deserved a lot more time.

Warren wasn't there either, I don't think. They didn't introduce him by name, so I doubt he was there.
I think Warren is doing either NFL TV broadcasts or radio Broadcasts.. I can't remember which team
Old 11-19-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I think Warren is doing either NFL TV broadcasts or radio Broadcasts.. I can't remember which team
I think he's doing radio for the 49ers. Or at least he used to. I remember he was calling the game between the Giants vs 49ers in the playoffs a few years back when one of the teams (can't remember which) blew the 2nd biggest playoff lead ever. I remember someone later asked Moon what it was like being present at the two biggest choke jobs in history (player and announcer). Long explanation, but that's how I remember

Thanks to Premier
Old 11-20-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Warren is the Seahawks radio analyst.

The ceremony was extremely lame. Introduced a few and then introduced the rest not by name but by decade bucket. I liked it the way they used to do it -- run through all the names quickly - at least they all get their name announced over the PA and their face on the big screen..
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #11
PHof
Rookie

I wasnt impressed with the ceremony.
PHof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #12
texan767
Rookie

Who was the guy in the wheelchair?
texan767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #13
csuede
Rookie

Wonder how many of the 1992 Oilers were on hand to witness another disappointing come from behind loss at the hands of the Bills. Reich to Reed/Beebe = Losman to Evans/Price.
csuede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The actual ceremony was actually kind of lame. They introduced about 4 or 5 players and then they went by generation (50s, 60s, etc..). There wasn't enough time to name all the people up there, but it could have been much better. They should have done it during pregame while there's more time to be had. It's not like there would be less people watching the ceremony since half the stadium rushes to buy beers or go the bathroom at halftime anyway.

Guilty here as well... Normal halftime routine: a) restroom b) beer line c) outside for 2 quick heaters (cigs).
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Guilty as charged. Hauled ass for a glass of wine.
Wine?? At a football game?? That's like eating a vegetarian meal at a baseball game!

Thanks to Premier
Old 11-22-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Wine?? At a football game?? That's like eating a vegetarian meal at a baseball game!
My wife does the same thing. She's a wine freak. I don't think there's anything wrong with that (not saying that you do). I'm a beer freak and she's a wine freak. lol!
Old 11-22-2006   #17
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I said at the time... if Curtis Duncan is one of the players who is called out by name in the ceremony, you have to be an absolute nobody to be grouped in with the 'let's hear it for the players of the 80's, 90's, etc.." group...
not that I didn't like CD, but he isn't exactly in the running for the HOF or anything...
OTH, I wouldn't have minded seeing Ernest Givens there to give us the Electric Slide one last time...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear what you are saying about CD, but I thought of that receiver group, he was kinda the unsung glue that held them together. Just a solid receiver, and certainly not flashy...

I wish I could find some footage of the flip Ernest Givens did, where he nearly landed back on his feet... That was Awesome!!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-HB8my77SU
electric slide
this one?

Last edited by Wolf; 11-22-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-22-2006   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Talk about bringing back the memories....

That was the last playoff game played in this city - going on 13 years ago.

That late 4th qtr TD brought the Oilers back within a point of the Chiefs after they had blown a 10 point lead ... and only moments later, Buddy's D let Montana stick a fork in them...

I still can see the two Chiefs fans sitting in front of us...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read